*** 2017 Recruiting ***

On the subject of paying recruits. USC thinks Bama is paying players. Which I wouldn't doubt

http://usc.247sports.com/Board/29/Contents/Alabamas-Recruiting-Dominance-Continues-Wow-50860219

Edit. Also a good article on the "bag man" http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview

Our administration wont let us go that far

The better question is, why havent we started paying recruits yet? Not like the NCAA does anything about it so might as well get in the game

Because it's unethical.

If you arent cheating, you arent trying. If everyone else is doing it but you, you will fall behind. Its up to the NCAA to crack down on this but they dont so let the games begin.

The better question is, why havent we started paying recruits yet? Not like the NCAA does anything about it so might as well get in the game

Because it's unethical.

If you arent cheating, you arent trying. If everyone else is doing it but you, you will fall behind. Its up to the NCAA to crack down on this but they dont so let the games begin.

Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory.

The mission of the University of Nebraska Athletic Department is to serve our student-athletes, coaches, staff and fans by:.
Displaying INTEGRITY in every decision and action
Building and maintaining TRUST with others
Giving RESPECT to each person we encounter
Pursuing unity of purpose through TEAMWORK
Maintaining LOYALTY to student-athletes, co-workers, fans and the University of Nebraska
  • Fire 2

Yeah well if we let a mission statement get in the way of keeping up with the times, we will just stay where we are or keep falling behind. If youre okay with that, then fantastic. A lot of us arent.

The only way to compete with big schools offering money for recruits to come play is by offering more money. Hmm a thousand dollars or a jumbo cookie? Wonder which one the recruit is going to choose. Like I said, its up to the NCAA to crack down and they havent been.

When it comes to providing student-athletes with an opportunity for an education, to helping mold boys into men, to educating, there's no competition and there's no falling behind.

The mission statement is the mission. It doesn't get in the way of anything. If it's impossible to win national championships or get #1 recruiting classes without cheating, then you forsake those things, because they aren't the mission of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln's athletic department.

Why are you not okay with that? Why is a bunch of kids you don't know winning sports games the most important goal?

• Fire 1

Because that is why we post on a husker football message board. We care about the football team. We care about winning. We get them here, they get their education (unless they have the same attitude as NG), they get molded into young men and all that other good stuff and they also win football games and championships. We are all happy at that point.

Because it's something I care about, within a certain heirarchy of desires. It's very far from the top.

I think it's fun and entertaining, and it's an extension of my social identity because our university has always been one that stood for what's right and never messed with the likes of the Ole Miss's or the SMU's or the Baylor's in sacrificing integrity, something that is real and matters, for wins, which are mostly just imaginary.

If we never win another championship again but continue to make our state proud, serve our student-athletes well, and operate from an ethical position instead of a cutthroat one, I'll be the biggest fan possible until my dying breath.

Not the victory, but the action

• Fire 1

I've already watched it, and not to any extent am I claiming we have been blemish free. Nor does it change my perception - it actually informs it. Tom Osborne is an imperfect man just like the rest of us. He also, coincidentally, didn't care too much about wins and losses.

But if the goal you're looking for isn't found within the UNL mission statement, you should consider becoming a fan of a different team. Our administration is pretty much entirely full of people who actually believe in that mission and will probably make it pretty difficult to get to the level of success that you're hoping for, if it's not tenable to be elite without cheating wherever possible.

Not the victory, but the action

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***