wilber24

Maybe it's my fault as I bought into the best DL since 2009/2010, reminds me of Dorsey etc,,,,, and then I see the same non-attacking, patty caking stand up and watch DL play. I drank the kook-aid. We have the talent per the talking heads. If not them, then scheme and coaches. Just saying

We miss Gregory's threat off the edge right now, but our LB play is by far what hurt most today....not DL.

Who's responsible for our LB development, and subsequent play in your world? Do you truly expect 18'year old kids to walk in and instantly get the "genius" spouted by our staff?

Well, they weren't 18 year old kids, but it's not uncommon to pick it up quickly......those who succeeded immediately included Barrett Ruud, Demorrio Williams and Lavonte David. And to answer your initial question, Bo Pelini.....but you and I both knew that, right?

Well actually the linebackers coach, and the special teams coach for that matter, is Ross Els.

He, and Beck appear to be taking most of the blame here. And if both spots are truly that bad, you'll excuse me if I'm more mad at the person who gave both seemingly incompetent souls a raise over the offseason.

But heaven forbid the "nations tightest staff" get shaken up.

Maybe it's my fault as I bought into the best DL since 2009/2010, reminds me of Dorsey etc,,,,, and then I see the same non-attacking, patty caking stand up and watch DL play. I drank the kook-aid. We have the talent per the talking heads. If not them, then scheme and coaches. Just saying

We miss Gregory's threat off the edge right now, but our LB play is by far what hurt most today....not DL.

Who's responsible for our LB development, and subsequent play in your world? Do you truly expect 18'year old kids to walk in and instantly get the "genius" spouted by our staff?

Well, they weren't 18 year old kids, but it's not uncommon to pick it up quickly......those who succeeded immediately included Barrett Ruud, Demorrio Williams and Lavonte David. And to answer your initial question, Bo Pelini.....but you and I both knew that, right?

Well actually the linebackers coach, and the special teams coach for that matter, is Ross Els.

He, and Beck appear to be taking most of the blame here. And if both spots are truly that bad, you'll excuse me if I'm more mad at the person who gave both seemingly incompetent souls a raise over the offseason.

So it is possible to walk in and instantly "get it"?

For a transcendent talent, yes.

So unless this staff wants to drastically change their recruiting practices, they probably will be held accountable for their coaching.

For a transcendent talent, yes.

So unless this staff wants to drastically change their recruiting practices, they probably will be held accountable for their coaching.

A case of both/and is in play here.

It definitely looked like he was out of position a lot but I'll have to watch again to see how many were his primary responsibility.

But he was second on the team in tackles at 10 including a tied-for-team-high seven solo stops and a TFL. Obviously the MIKE is supposed to make a lot of tackles but any time you get to double-digits, you're getting to the ball pretty well. That's one out of every seven plays.

If I am any opposing team with a QB that even remotely has an arm (yes, that McNeese dude had one UGLY throwing motion), I am finding a formation that forces our D to put Banderas 1 on 1 in coverage with the RB in the flat. The RB wins that 10/10 times for at least 5-6 yards minimum.

True, i do think this scheme makes it rough on LB's. Look at Compton, folks blabbed-on how slow he is and dude is playing on Sundays. Most LB's aren't sideline to sideline guys that can cover a rb across the middle.

I still don't get why Zaire isn't an every-down LB. As I said earlier I'd like to see Roach get in there, on running-downs anyway.

It definitely looked like he was out of position a lot but I'll have to watch again to see how many were his primary responsibility.

But he was second on the team in tackles at 10 including a tied-for-team-high seven solo stops and a TFL. Obviously the MIKE is supposed to make a lot of tackles but any time you get to double-digits, you're getting to the ball pretty well. That's one out of every seven plays.

If I am any opposing team with a QB that even remotely has an arm (yes, that McNeese dude had one UGLY throwing motion), I am finding a formation that forces our D to put Banderas 1 on 1 in coverage with the RB in the flat. The RB wins that 10/10 times for at least 5-6 yards minimum.

True, i do think this scheme makes it rough on LB's. Look at Compton, folks blabbed-on how slow he is and dude is playing on Sundays. Most LB's aren't sideline to sideline guys that can cover a rb across the middle.

I still don't get why Zaire isn't an every-down LB. As I said earlier I'd like to see Roach get in there, on running-downs anyway.

And while we're at it, why in God's name is McMullen covering receivers?

Not sure he was covering Wide Receivers but when we bring extra blitzers, the DE has to pick up the back out of the backfield. Been that way for years. Usually doesn't work very well but the gamble is the pressure prevents the completion.

Not sure he was covering Wide Receivers but when we bring extra blitzers, the DE has to pick up the back out of the backfield. Been that way for years. Usually doesn't work very well but the gamble is the pressure prevents the completion.
He was actually on a receiver for one of those, but I think the safety who was supposed to help over the top bit on another route for a split second and was late to the coverage. Fortunately we got enough pressure that is was a bad throw and the receiver couldn't adjust.

In most of his high school highlight reel, I mostly just saw him jumping on the pile after the runner had already been initially stopped by someone else. He racked up a lot of assists that way I guess. When he was recruited, we gave him a scholly while passing on another in-state LB recruit. I don't remember his name, but his highlight reel was a lot more impressive, and we took a pass on him. I've really only stomped on a couple of Bo's recruits in the passed with this one being one and A-Rod being the other. Sometimes I wonder just exactly what the coaches saw that impressed them?

• Fire 1

In most of his high school highlight reel, I mostly just saw him jumping on the pile after the runner had already been initially stopped by someone else. He racked up a lot of assists that way I guess. When he was recruited, we gave him a scholly while passing on another in-state LB recruit. I don't remember his name, but his highlight reel was a lot more impressive, and we took a pass on him. I've really only stomped on a couple of Bo's recruits in the passed with this one being one and A-Rod being the other. Sometimes I wonder just exactly what the coaches saw that impressed them?

Nick deLuca?

• Fire 1

Hey guys. The important thing to remember is that it is all Banderas's fault. Just ask the coaches, they'll tell ya.

I mean, it's not like they could have possibly seen he was put in some tough situations and maybe made an adjustment to the package they were running. One guy should easily be able to cover the entire middle of the field, and any passes to the flats, or dump routes, or screens or curl routes or short outs to the TE or ..........

and oh yea, rushing the passer and totally whiffing so the plays results in a first down and they score.

That drove me bonkers. This is the reason why Roach needed a shot Saturday. Banderas is faster there is no doubt but between the indecision and flying through to the QB/RB and just sticking out his damn arm doesn't get it done. Roach flew through the last game on a blitz and tattooed the QB square and dropped him like a bad habit. I just don't get it I guess, not saying he should start but he needs some playing time I think.

I personally seen A-rod get handled at the high school level more than once. Did his best against smaller players, never could understand the hype about him