Old people complaining about the new sound system and music selection.

Axl_sued_me

My (future) brother in law was at the game saturday. Said the crowd was typical until the pick 6. Said that once that happened, it just went dead for the rest of the game. His opinion was that it wasnt even that excited on Ameer's catch and run. Said leaving the stadium, if he didnt know any better, he'd a thought they lost.

That's the way if felt in my livingroom too.

It isn't that the fans weren't there to be loud, it's that Nebraska took the fans out of the game.

From my experience, that's 50% true--we've heard countless reports where Nebraska was doing all the right things, and the blue hairs were still sitting on their hands.

I remember the 2008 VT night game, I had blue hairs telling my wife and I to sit down. Fortunately, there was were a few other folks with less mileage on them that ignored them right along with us.

Yes, Nebraska does stupid, STUPID things to suck the life out of Memorial, and their play doesn't endear themselves to the crowd. But when you have a portion of your fanbase that gets pissed off when other people want to make up for their deficit...well, then maybe we need to start looking at the makeup of the crowd and what can be done to change or compensate for it.

Also, this whole old people complaining about loud music/music selection reminds me of a certain meme...

gallery_1_1_11337.jpg

• Fire 2

It isn't that the fans weren't there to be loud, it's that Nebraska took the fans out of the game.

From my experience, that's 50% true--we've heard countless reports where Nebraska was doing all the right things, and the blue hairs were still sitting on their hands.

I remember the 2008 VT night game, I had blue hairs telling my wife and I to sit down. Fortunately, there was were a few other folks with less mileage on them that ignored them right along with us.

Yes, Nebraska does stupid, STUPID things to suck the life out of Memorial, and their play doesn't endear themselves to the crowd. But when you have a portion of your fanbase that gets pissed off when other people want to make up for their deficit...well, then maybe we need to start looking at the makeup of the crowd and what can be done to change or compensate for it.

Also, this whole old people complaining about loud music/music selection reminds me of a certain meme...

gallery_1_1_11337.jpg

Exactly, this isn't the only example of the crowd being less than stellar. I'm not there to sit on my arse the entire game and not holler for the team. I don't stand the entire game either, but I yell and scream even when I'm sitting down.

• Fire 1

gallery_1_1_11337.jpg

Exactly, this isn't the only example of the crowd being less than stellar. I'm not there to sit on my arse the entire game and not holler for the team. I don't stand the entire game either, but I yell and scream even when I'm sitting down.
Yea I have noticed in my section (south stadium) the old people in front don't stand at all. Luckily the people behind me stand just as much.

gallery_1_1_11337.jpg

Last Saturday also isn't the only example we have of the team playing like ass.

These complaints about the crowd tend to center around games we play poorly in, or lose. That isn't a coincidence.

As you grow older your perception of watching and being part of the game change. The effort some of these people put forward to get there and watch the game is far beyond what you realize. A day will come when you can not stand the whole game, you can not yell and carry on as you do now. But that does not make you less of a fan. Where this idea comes from is beyond me. Some are getting there in a lot of pain that could be avoided, by staying home. Their love for their team is no less than yours, may even be greater who knows.

We call the players entitled, listen to yourselves.

I seriously doubt that the quote is real.

Us baby boomers have given you a pretty nice stadium, a sell out record and a loyal fanbase since Devaney. Time to kick us to curb. Many will be gone soon, many seats will be open, but will the new fan base fill those seats, you might check with the student area, that had to be force fed into buying tickets this year.

Forever Young!!!!!!

Your not, sadly.

• Fire 3

As you grow older your perception of watching and being part of the game change. The effort some of these people put forward to get there and watch the game is far beyond what you realize. A day will come when you can not stand the whole game, you can not yell and carry on as you do now. But that does not make you less of a fan. Where this idea comes from is beyond me. Some are getting there in a lot of pain that could be avoided, by staying home. Their love for their team is no less than yours, may even be greater who knows.

Us baby boomers have given you a pretty nice stadium, a sell out record and a loyal fanbase since Devaney. Time to kick us to curb. Many will be gone soon, many seats will be open, but will the new fan base fill those seats, you might check with the student area, that had to be force fed into buying tickets this year.

Forever Young!!!!!!

Your not, sadly.

While I wish memorial stadium would be a crazy place on game days that intimidates every opponent with everyone on their feet screaming at the top of their lungs, that's not reality.

Those people who others complain are just a bunch of grey hairs and need to get on their feet are the same ones who have been there for a long time supporting this program and donating huge amounts of money so that the younger generation can come up into this program and enjoy what we have.

Everyone can have what they want on game day. Be courteous for the people around you while still yelling and cheering for the team.

Fans who want the "blue hairs" to stay home need to figure out then who is going to fill those seats and fork out the money.

• Fire 2

Forever Young!!!!!!

Your not, sadly

Sounds like someone needs his fiber and a nap

• Fire 2

Yes, ready for a nap, finished a 25 mile mountain bike ride this morning, have been loading the trailer, washing it when it is loaded, 40 foot fifth wheel. Yea I am a lazy old coot for sure. None of the 20 or so, 35 and under that work for me can keep up on the side of mountain, climbing or building towers.

I am old, no question, but your only as old as you feel, act.

• Fire 1

Sorry, but I don't feel sorry for these folks because that stadium was quite as hell on Saturday and was embarrassing to watch! Quit sitting on your hands or sitting there and crossing your arms. Either stand up and cheer or sell your tickets. Memorial Stadium is not a scary environment at 11 am.

everyone knows its about money and the older folks can afford the donations for the best seats, younger fans are lucky to get a face ticket. But I have been saying this same things since I joined in 2003, 'if you didn't come to cheer, then you don't belong here!'

On a related note, next time our team blows out a visiting team, one or more of the players should apologize to the older fans for having scored so many times and thus making Memorial Stadium loud.

Yes, ready for a nap, finished a 25 mile mountain bike ride this morning, have been loading the trailer, washing it when it is loaded, 40 foot fifth wheel. Yea I am a lazy old coot for sure. None of the 20 or so, 35 and under that work for me can keep up on the side of mountain, climbing or building towers.

Before or after you yelled at the neighbor kids to get off your lawn? :)