Old people complaining about the new sound system and music selection.

Axl_sued_me

Not many on your lawn at 530am. But I shoot to kill after 9!!!

That would be pocket gophers though. Live in the mountains, no neighbors with kids. Do invite the grandkids up to beat though!!!!

And what makes anyone right about what you do or they do at the stadium. Your opinion only.

Trust me the ones that pay for season tickets, continue to donate money are far more important to the university than the guys drunk standing in the isles screaming fire Pelini, love Pelini.

This is not about winning football games, it is about putting peoples butts in the stadium, money controls the emphasis on what they do. If there were this giant gaggle of new fans out there, they would be finding a way to add those needed seats. As it is attendance is slowing at about every major program, because the youngsters would rather set at home and watch it on the big screen. Most likely in their recliner, not standing either. Attendance is all that is important to Nebraska, loud or quiet.

Now of course winning puts people in the stadium, good games put people in the stadium. Value for your money puts people in the stadium and some go because they love the game, the university, the program and have before most of you were in diapers.

Full circle, I need to adjust my depends!!! Kidding polo!!!

I can't believe this whole thing is even in the news. One guy complains about the sound being too loud? I'm sure there is no single aspect of Nebraska football or the gameday experience that there isn't at least someone complaining about.

It's been a while since I went to a game at Memorial, so things have probably changed a lot. I have no problem with the... umm...seasoned fans not yelling the whole time and being a little more reserved. I do have an issue with the .... experienced... fans telling others how to behave. It's just general sense of entitlement of "how dare you upset MY game day experience, youngster! I've been supporting this University for X number years before you were even a twinkle in your daddy's diapers, so do as your told and sit down and shut up or I'm getting security!" Does anyone remember what it was like to be young, single and full of energy and excitement? I remember getting goosebumps for hours straight, coming in waves because of the adrenalin pumping in anticipation for being at a Husker game. I didn't get to go all the time, so when I did, I made the most out of it. Buzzkill is an understatement after being told to sit down and shut up. To be fair, it only happened twice. I made it a point to express my view respectfully, not just a flippant "No", but "I'm sorry, I haven't been to game in a long time and I really can't help myself. GO BIG RED!" I got a look of disapproval, but security wasn't called. Sort of an "agree to disagree" type of thing. I guess it is what it is and will always be. It's Nebraska. My take is: enjoy the game, do your thing, but there is no reason for disrespect on any side. You paid for your space in the stadium, so did everyone else, just need to respect others space, also. One doesn't need to stand the whole game, but one can't expect everyone to sit the entire game, also.

Ramble off.

They can get security if they want, I've never been told to sit down, I'm not going to either if everyone else around me is standing up as well. I don't just stand up by myself to cheer, I wait until several others stand up in front of me and then get up so I can see the game. If you're standing up all by yourself then I can see why that's a problem. I understand the "older" folks have supported the university, but I get a little irritated when they act like I have no right to be there. You get irritated if we stand up and cheer, we get irritated when you sit there on your hands the entire game and say nothing.

http://journalstar.com/news/opinion/mailbag/letter-loud-in-stadium/article_8baafa09-aa82-57f7-9e28-9808c5c22142.html

We are senior citizens and have enjoyed Big Red football ever since Bob Devaney came in 1962 -- 334 football games.

We think the new stadium sound system is great; however, it was so loud we could hardly talk to each other. People could probably hear it in Crete!

Come on. Turn it down halfway, and by the way it would be nice to have some wonderful music instead of all this hip-hop hogwash ... the kind that Dr. Tom Osborne could enjoy.

Charley Ackerman, Milford

I say Mildred, let's make mimeographs of this communique and hang it on every gas lamp! We need to get the word out!

• Fire 1

Let's just forfeit football. For failure to please everyone.

The team has been forfeiting 2-4 games per year..............that's the problem with so many being unhappy, not the solution.

I'm not sure if you thought I was serious...if you did then shame on you.

Nah, I'm pretty sure I knew you were kidding when you said "Let's just forfeit football".

Hopefully you knew my response was sort of tongue in cheek.......sort of. Everybody would be happy if we were rolling teams.