Elite 11 QB watch list

Some of the prospects listed include targets NU has offered or will be offering next year most likely. Some names you might recognize on that list include

Ryan Mallett 6-6 235 Texas Texarkana TX

G.J. Kinne 6-3 215 Canton Canton TX

Phillip Bates 6-1 185 North Omaha NE

Jimmy Clausen 6-3 200 Oaks Christian Westlake Village CA

2 years ago Harrison Beck particpated in this academy, and NU's decommit Josh Freeman also played in it. Will NU have a 3rd consecutive guy who ends up at this camp? We shall see.

From StudentSports.com

This will be the eighth year of the Elite 11, a four day event which brings together the top high school quarterbacks and focuses on improving their quarterbacking play both on and off the field. Past players to participate at the event include Heisman Trophy winners Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart, as well David Carr, Ben Roethlisberger, Chris Leak, Rose Bowl MVP Vince Young and many more.

The final 12 high school quarterbacks for the event are selected by the Student Sports staff after thorough tape evaluation, a telephone interview and an in-person workout at either a NIKE Football Training Camp or an Elite 11 Regional Workout.

More of the list available here

Some of the prospects listed include targets NU has offered or will be offering next year most likely. Some names you might recognize on that list include

2 years ago Harrison Beck particpated in this academy, and NU's decommit Josh Freeman also played in it. Will NU have a 3rd consecutive guy who ends up at this camp? We shall see.

From StudentSports.com

This will be the eighth year of the Elite 11, a four day event which brings together the top high school quarterbacks and focuses on improving their quarterbacking play both on and off the field. Past players to participate at the event include Heisman Trophy winners Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart, as well David Carr, Ben Roethlisberger, Chris Leak, Rose Bowl MVP Vince Young and many more.

The final 12 high school quarterbacks for the event are selected by the Student Sports staff after thorough tape evaluation, a telephone interview and an in-person workout at either a NIKE Football Training Camp or an Elite 11 Regional Workout.

If Bates makes the Elite 11 Qb camp I will lose complete credibility in this thing. Bates wont even be the best QB in Omaha next year.

From StudentSports.com

If Bates makes the Elite 11 Qb camp I will lose complete credibility in this thing. Bates wont even be the best QB in Omaha next year.

Holy crap...I had no idea that Bates would even be anywhere near consideration for this...

I noticed there was a kid from Alaska on the list. Which coach has Alaska in his recruiting duties?

That was scott Downings area, but with him leaving and the duties being restructured, i am not sure who will be given that state

I thought Busch had that area. Didn't he recruit Bowman? Although I guess you could say he was in New Mexico