Turn Back the Clock -- If Interweb Message Boards Existed in 1994

Heading into that 1994 season, the mood among my circle was that 1994 was our year. We expected to vie for the National Championship again, and over and over we talked about how things "feel different" than years before. Even after losing to Florida State, the take-away was that we were the better team, we just didn't respond on the big stage.

I'm not saying we "knew" we'd win it all that year, but we felt like we had a chance.

Had message boards been around back then, the kool-aid would have been flowing heavily. And there'd have been the inevitable turds in the punch bowl. Those people don't go away because your team is winning. Check out any Alabama message board if you don't believe me.

Heading into that 1994 season, the mood among my circle was that 1994 was our year. We expected to vie for the National Championship again, and over and over we talked about how things "feel different" than years before. Even after losing to Florida State, the take-away was that we were the better team, we just didn't respond on the big stage. We would have won an NC if the refs hadn't screwed us (true).

I'm not saying we "knew" we'd win it all that year, but we felt like we had a chance.

Had message boards been around back then, the kool-aid would have been flowing heavily. And there'd have been the inevitable turds in the punch bowl. Those people don't go away because your team is winning. Check out any Alabama message board if you don't believe me.

True, but it shouldn't have come down to those blown calls. We were better than FSU. Two touchdowns better. Trev was killing Ward that game.

True.

The mood definitely was that we should have been NCs the prior year and we needed to take care of "unfinished business". I believe that was the teams motto in the off season. They wore teeshirts saying that under their uniforms every game.

Ummmm....they took care of business.

Imagine the meltdown surrounding the Frazier blood clot, and then the Berringer lung issues.

OMG...we only have three QBs on the roster? Our recruiting and roster management sucks. If TO hadn't ran off the other QB with his inability to get along with players. Actually, if he hadn't horribly mismanaged the roster so bad and given him playing time early in games, he wouldn't have left.

• Fire 1

Imagine the meltdown surrounding the Frazier blood clot, and then the Berringer lung issues.

OMG...we only have three QBs on the roster? Our recruiting and roster management sucks. If TO hadn't ran off the other QB with his inability to get along with players. Actually, if he hadn't horribly mismanaged the roster so bad and given him playing time early in games, he wouldn't have left.

Is it time to move Tony Veland back to QB?

• Fire 1