Michigan

Scratchtown

Matt Hinton @MattRHinton 4m

Hoke is finished at Michigan because Michigan can't score. Leaving Morris in the game just erases any veneer of sympathy on the way out.

Stewart Mandel @slmandel 4m

Hoke doesn't make medical decisions, but medical staff can't make them, either, if you don't take the kid out of the game to be examined.

FootballScoop Staff @FootballScoop 3m

Someone on Michigan’s sideline should have pulled him after big hit…& someone should have been man enough to say he’s not going back in

FootballScoop Staff @FootballScoop 2m

Hoke said he didn’t see it. I believe him. But, someone on that sideline did and should have taken action.

All things aside, why the hell was that Minnesota player not ejected? Jesus f'ing christ. If we're gonna make the rules and come up with all these "when in doubt throw the flag" requirements, then that right there shoulda been a text book ejection AND suspension. There's just no room for that sh#t in the game.

Now with that out of the way. I keep seeing the phrase "re-inserting Morris". Unless I'm missing something in the above videos, that's not true and is misleading to the overall situation. He wasnt re-inserted. He just did not come out of the game. That makes it a little less egregious in my opinion. If the player knows he's too hurt to play, he has to say so. But I didnt watch the actual game. Was Morris put back in later on after the recording of the above videos was stopped?

• Fire 1

All things aside, why the hell was that Minnesota player not ejected? Jesus f'ing christ. If we're gonna make the rules and come up with all these "when in doubt throw the flag" requirements, then that right there shoulda been a text book ejection AND suspension. There's just no room for that sh#t in the game.

Now with that out of the way. I keep seeing the phrase "re-inserting Morris". Unless I'm missing something in the above videos, that's not true and is misleading to the overall situation. He wasnt re-inserted. He just did not come out of the game. That makes it a little less egregious in my opinion. If the player knows he's too hurt to play, he has to say so. But I didnt watch the actual game. Was Morris put back in later on after the recording of the above videos was stopped?

He didn't come out of the game right after the hit. But then he was pulled for a couple of plays and then put back in

SVP and Russillo currently going off on it. Michigan really, really needed to fire Hoke over the weekend to prevent this from becoming a massive disaster rather than a massive mess. There's no reason to keep Hoke around for the rest of the season. None whatsoever. You're only harming the program by not firing him Sunday or today.

SVP and Russillo currently going off on it. Michigan really, really needed to fire Hoke over the weekend to prevent this from becoming a massive disaster rather than a massive mess. There's no reason to keep Hoke around for the rest of the season. None whatsoever. You're only harming the program by not firing him Sunday or today.

Probably right. They are going to hire Nussmeier anyway. Might as well get it over with

crazy to think how they handled rich rod's exit and now hoke's. it pays to be a michigan man, i guess. but who knows what is going on behind the scenes.

He didn't come out of the game right after the hit. But then he was pulled for a couple of plays and then put back in

I agree with everything count posted based on the video. I mean the qb only partially collapsed for a brief instant and then started waving to the sideline not to take him out he is okay. If the coach missed that brief collapse he would be inclined to think the kid maybe got the wind knocked out of him.

Now inserting him back in...medical staff should have checked him if he came off the field so either that reporter is creating conflict (gasp no way) or flat out lying or the medical staff botched that. I mean does anyone here think Brady Hoke down 30-7 deep in the game would hide his qb from the medical staff so he could get back in the game later?

I agree with everything count posted based on the video. I mean the qb only partially collapsed for a brief instant and then started waving to the sideline not to take him out he is okay. If the coach missed that brief collapse he would be inclined to think the kid maybe got the wind knocked out of him.

Now inserting him back in...medical staff should have checked him if he came off the field so either that reporter is creating conflict (gasp no way) or flat out lying or the medical staff botched that. I mean does anyone here think Brady Hoke down 30-7 deep in the game would hide his qb from the medical staff so he could get back in the game later?

I don't have a dog in the hunt. I was just writing about what I saw.