Did anyone else notice IL's first drive started at the 30?

I never heard anything about a penalty on the touchback...can anyone confirm what happened? I know the refs had a hard time seeing some stuff out there...were the yard lines giving them fits too? Thanks!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

We talked about this in the game discussion thread and I think it was just an accident.

What's funny is I only noticed it after my dad said Illinois got 7 yards on the first run, and I knew it was only 2 yards. He saw where they placed the ball after their first play, and that's when I realized what happened.

I was at the game, they didn't announce anything before placing the ball at the 30. I asked in the thread if anyone knew why it happened. Of course now we know...

I never heard anything about a penalty on the touchback...can anyone confirm what happened? I know the refs had a hard time seeing some stuff out there...were the yard lines giving them fits too? Thanks!attachicon.gifimage.jpg

We talked about this in the game discussion thread and I think it was just an accident.

Thanks, Moiraine. That's what I figured. I guess I couldn't move on until I asked...since it had such a huge effect on the game and all...I could have done more research in the other threads...thanks for bailing me out!

GBR!