MSU and the Playoff

Scratchtown

The SEC champion will be in.

More than likely the Pac-12 champion will be in (if that team has two losses, it could be interesting).

The ACC is a one-trick pony. Florida State should win the conference and will likely get into the playoff. They can lose a game and still get in assuming that game isn't the CCG.

The winner of the Oklahoma/Baylor game will likely get in unless they lose two other games.

If those four conference champions are undefeated - and very likely even a one-loss SEC or Pac-12 champion - they will be the four teams. Fortunately, history says that even three undefeated teams is rare and two is basically a coin flip.

If the ACC/Big XII champions have one loss, an undefeated Nebraska team would have a good argument but it depends on the circumstances. A one-loss Michigan State team would have a chance but I doubt they get in ahead of a one-loss Oklahoma, Baylor or Florida State.

• Fire 1

Sirius was saying yesterday that a two loss SEC team might bump a undefeated Big10 team. I find that hard to believe, but there was strong feelings that it could happen. But if the West is as strong as it appears, going to be hard to get through it without a loss.

I really could care less at this time. I would just like to think we could win our games one at a time, and be concerned with what happens until all are played. A couple of years ago we were going to the Rose Bowl and a team we had beaten before just kicked the living crap out of us. These things can happen and do happen to Nebraska. I suggest we actually win Saturday and then after before we even think about being in or left out of any Playoff.

we wouldn't make it in with a loss, but a 1 loss MSU would have a chance based on the preseason presumptions about the teams. a #2 sec would beat us out even if fsu or oregon falls off. i would like to think the committee wouldn't look at it this way, but i can't bring myself to do it. if we want to make the playoffs this year, it's going to require 13-0. with that being said, it's way too early to look at 13-0. let's worry about 6-0 first, and go from there.

Sirius was saying yesterday that a two loss SEC team might bump a undefeated Big10 team. I find that hard to believe, but there was strong feelings that it could happen. But if the West is as strong as it appears, going to be hard to get through it without a loss.

I really could care less at this time. I would just like to think we could win our games one at a time, and be concerned with what happens until all are played. A couple of years ago we were going to the Rose Bowl and a team we had beaten before just kicked the living crap out of us. These things can happen and do happen to Nebraska. I suggest we actually win Saturday and then after before we even think about being in or left out of any Playoff.

Those things definitely happen, and happen to all teams at any given time. Very tough to beat a team twice at any level.

• Fire 1

The way FSU has struggled to snake out wins againts Clemson and NC ST Im not so sure they get the nod in to the playoffs if they lose to say Notre Dame

Couple that with TxA&M, Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss are all from the same division so they all have to play each other. Only 1 of this group of four can be undefeated if any at all...and everyone in the East has already lost...

The winner of Oklahoma and Baylor will get one spot unless the winner of this game slips up along the way....

Oregon/UCLA seem to be the cream of the PAC12 but either could get beat. Oregon beats UCLA but Stanford beats Oregon or USC could play spoiler not to mention the PAC12 champ game as well

There is to many games left to really predict what is going to happen.... I mean for god sakes Boston College beat USC a couple weeks ago. I will say this, if there is an undefeated team from the power conference that is 13-0 with a perfect record and a conference championship regardless who it is they will trump a 1 loss team. I just dont see in the first year of the playoff this happeneing where the commitee will reward a 1 loss anybody over an undefeated conference champ. They would be setting themselves up for failure in future years and setting a bad precedent in year one. I could be wrong but thats how I see it. Here is to Nebraska being that 13-0 conference champ. It starts Saturday at Sparty. GBR!

• Fire 1