MSU and the Playoff

Scratchtown

X QB for Bama correct. ESPN SEC announcer.

Unfortunately he is right about it being a QB award. It has been moving that way for awhile. Unfortunately they seem to forget that is about morals and ethics, honestly and devotion to improving the game. Several have missed that mark. Our first one did, but now it seems they just look at who the best player on the best team is and vote for him.

The playoff projections just got torn apart, and unfortunately even made worse for the Big Ten. We needed Oregon to win, it would have been better for Nebraska if they had. Pac 12 could go nuts shortly, just like the SEC west.

We learn about Notre Dame this weekend I think. If they can beat Stanford they will be in the hunt for sure.

this is going to be a great year to be a fan of college football. You really have no idea of what is going to happen.

I do feel/know that we have a kid that should be considered for the Hypsman. Not a better young man out there, and he can play the game a little bit to. Tonight helped him for sure.

X QB for Bama correct. ESPN SEC announcer.Unfortunately he is right about it being a QB award. It has been moving that way for awhile. Unfortunately they seem to forget that is about morals and ethics, honestly and devotion to improving the game. Several have missed that mark. Our first one did, but now it seems they just look at who the best player on the best team is and vote for him.The playoff projections just got torn apart, and unfortunately even made worse for the Big Ten. We needed Oregon to win, it would have been better for Nebraska if they had. Pac 12 could go nuts shortly, just like the SEC west.We learn about Notre Dame this weekend I think. If they can beat Stanford they will be in the hunt for sure.this is going to be a great year to be a fan of college football. You really have no idea of what is going to happen.I do feel/know that we have a kid that should be considered for the Hypsman. Not a better young man out there, and he can play the game a little bit to. Tonight helped him for sure.

And yet the Rb on his team won the award.

"As to Sirius, I never hear McElroy, he must come on very early"

Yeah he's on the early show. Ill give a sample of his feelings regarding Ameer. I'll paraphrase. Basically they were comparing Ameer, Gordon, and Gurley. He thought Ameer was the worst of the three but said that because Nebraskas other RBs are so weak Ameer gets more yards because he is the only "bell cow" for our offense where Gurley and Gordon have backups who are also good and take yardage from them. He's wrong on so many levels there that I don't know where to start

Of course, he then went on to say that the Heisman should be a QB only award. He had a bunch of BS to justify this going so far as to essentially say his own backs Ingram and Richardson proved his point because they were just as good with either. He basically got crucified by callers for the next hour for it.

It's very apparent that he thinks very little of Nebraska and the Big10 in general and will crap on the conference any chance he gets.

He did concede that if Nebraska runs the table they couldn't possibly leave them out of the playoff though. While that seems obvious, I'm not sure he actually thinks that should be the case

What an idiot.

Here is the problem though. All ex winners of the heisman have a vote. Soooo....in the past, it has been almost always a QB or RB. When you have mostly QBs and RBs voting, guess what positions are going to have the best chance of winning. NOW....you are starting to have more QBs than RBs. So....there is a chance Mcidiot is going to get his wish and QBs are going to vote for QBs.

"As to Sirius, I never hear McElroy, he must come on very early"

Yeah he's on the early show. Ill give a sample of his feelings regarding Ameer. I'll paraphrase. Basically they were comparing Ameer, Gordon, and Gurley. He thought Ameer was the worst of the three but said that because Nebraskas other RBs are so weak Ameer gets more yards because he is the only "bell cow" for our offense where Gurley and Gordon have backups who are also good and take yardage from them. He's wrong on so many levels there that I don't know where to start

Of course, he then went on to say that the Heisman should be a QB only award. He had a bunch of BS to justify this going so far as to essentially say his own backs Ingram and Richardson proved his point because they were just as good with either. He basically got crucified by callers for the next hour for it.

It's very apparent that he thinks very little of Nebraska and the Big10 in general and will crap on the conference any chance he gets.

He did concede that if Nebraska runs the table they couldn't possibly leave them out of the playoff though. While that seems obvious, I'm not sure he actually thinks that should be the case

XM Radio Greg McElroy. I believe he is on from 7-9. He is not a good radio personality. XM (Ch 91 college sports radio) used to have Bill King on during my commute into work. Bill King is the best college talking head in the business. XM stupidly moved Bill King to the wee hours of the morning. Stupid move and I wonder if this was to have more pro SEC radio guys on.

I guess being a Rhodes Scholar at Alabama only gets you a part time radio gig and SEC network sport. I know radio usually pays squat unless you are a legend.

I am just posting this now to see what it looks like in December. A lot of guessing for sure.

Not posted in response to anyone, just thoughts of what might happen.

Florida State goes undefeated

Notre Dame 1 loss

Bama goes undefeated

Auburn loses to Bama close

Oregon goes undefeated

Baylor goes undefeated

Oklahoma 1 loss

Nebraska goes undefeated

BYU goes undefeated

Tell me who goes

Florida State, Oregon, Alabama and either Baylor or Nebraska.

Although that will never, ever, happen. So it's kind of pointless to even ask a hypothetical that preposterous.

LOL, that didn't even make it past the first game any of these teams play! It's kind of fun to play out the what-if scenarios, but truly not worth worrying about this early.

What it did, was drop the Big lower. Another Pac 12 team, not ranked went in and beat Oregon, the 9th ranked and at the time considered best in the big10 lost by big numbers.

AS stated over and over, nothing was a prediction, it was what would happen if this happened. Actually last night made it worse. Our conference needed Oregon to win IMO.

But a lot of changing this weekend for sure, will have some idea of where the SEC is headed. I think that is the real question. Can one survive that with a single loss. Depending on play

How does anyone know whats going to happen?

Just because people are on TV and Radio doesn't mean they are amazing predictors.

I will be impressed by a prediction when someone says:

"Alabama will be team that will dominate. However, there will be an injury in the second half of the season to their starting QB that will hinder their ability to win every game. They end up losing 2 games due to the injury."

Or

"Alabama will have to rely on their kicker to win their very last game of the regular season to get into the conference championship, unfortunately, he will miss the kick, and some guy we never heard of will take that missed kick 100 yards for a TD to clinch the game and a berth to the Conference Championship game. Oh, and that team will be unranked in the preseason"

When someone makes that kind of prediction, and is right. That's when I will listen to those yahoos. Until then, their predictions are just as good, if not worse than my prediction or yours.

BTW, we freakin' win this game with a last second FG after our kicker misses one previously in the 3rd quarter... (thought I'd give it a shot...)

Okay I have decided to make playoff projections regularly!!!! I am soooooo good at it.

What a weekend!!!!

They were not projections but what ifs. With the way this is going this year, who knows if it will be a bunch of 2 loss teams in it. Simply amazed at todays results.