*** The Official Michigan State Spartans Game Discussion Thread ***

Assassin, it's not the opinions you hold. No one wants to take those away. It's your right to have those.

It's the way you're handling yourself and treating others.

Food for thought.

I suggest you scroll back and read the post history -- I don't become defensive until someone lashes out at me first. Telling me that "Alonzo Moore sucks" and to "shut up about Stanton" isn't going to be tolerated by this guy.

Btw, BRI vs. Assassin. Woodshed. Fight to the death. Go.

Not interested. I have no doubt that he's just another example of a mod who will use abuse his power of authority if he starts losing. I'd rather live to fight another day.

Okay, yep, you pegged me, what a quick study, just joined the board a month ago and has already figured it out. :huh::rolleyes:

Sorry BRI. This is what I think of every time I hear that word. It's a running gag on Todd n Tyler these days...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pegging

Let's hope he didn't peg you!

Have you been e-mailing Mrs. Dick?

• Fire 1

Assassin, it's not the opinions you hold. No one wants to take those away. It's your right to have those.

Food for thought.

I suggest you scroll back and read the post history -- I don't become defensive until someone lashes out at me first. Telling me that "Alonzo Moore sucks" and to "shut up about Stanton" isn't going to be tolerated by this guy.

Shut up about Stanton.

• Fire 2

You are pathetic dude. The vast mallet of coaches would have done exactly what Bo did in that situation.. also, if that kick would have worked you would be singing his praises, not bashing him. Pathetic.

Whom are you addressing? I never bashed Bo. All I wondered is why Fyfe went in instead of Stanton. If you're telling me that most college coaches would have Ryker Fyfe ahead of Johnny Stanton on their depth charts, well, that's just plain silly.

Sorry, there's some confusion here. I had to move a lot of posts that could only have been intended for the in-game thread from another one. That one's talking about an onside kick, but I'm not sure where the original post is anymore.

There's definitely some Shed banter here, but we'll lay it to rest in the soon-to-die Game Thread. If anyone does want to continue, the Shed is ripe for it; please do so there.

As to the game last night, still feeling a twinge of regret that Moore couldn't hold on the endzone and that our DPE got knocked off his route by Hovey on that incredible final drive.

But then again, that's our 7th string WR knocking our 8th string off his route. Shows how bad injuries have stung this season.

It's ridiculous we were even in a position to win that game, so somehow oddly I'm happy about that instead of bummed we lost.

I tip my hat to MSU. They tail-whipped our OL last night. That was the worst I've ever seen them perform, by far. They made the plays they needed to to win, but we were a hair's breadth from winning anyway. Proud we hung around and never stopped fighting.

I see reasons for much optimism, as poorly as our offense played, and despite losing.

To continue this in two threads now...

I'm more upset that TA wasn't targeting his roommate. Westerkamp got open and you should be looking for him, not the 7th/8th wideout. After TA missed him wideopen for a score in the 3rd I would hope Beck would let him know you need to be looking for Jordan.

You expect too much from Beck.

T_O_B

OK, well scroll up. I received two upvotes on my post regarding abuse of power, so apparently there are at least two other people who agree with my sentiments regarding that.. As for Stanton, my point is that he should be backup, not 3rd string.

So two people out of 10,000? Got it......obviously Stanton must not know the offense as well as Fyfe. That's obviously a guess on my part, but it's probably true. Doesn't mean he won't be the better player in the long run though.

Food for thought.

No one told you to shut up about Stanton, that's reaching. At least I don't remember anyone specifically saying that to you. I said Moore is bad, didn't say he sucks. I'm deferring to the stats once again.

This is really a response to QMany's status update but I needed more space.

Not that I'm blaming the loss on AA and we could play the what-if game all night but it's pretty crazy how much different the game could have been if our best player doesn't fumble inside their 10. Not even allowing for the possibility of a first down or TD on 3rd down or giving up field position the might have taken away their FG but what does the game look like if we even get three points there? When we score the first TD it would have been 27-12 where you definitely kick the PAT instead of going for two to make it 27-13. The next TD makes it 27-20 and the last TD ties it. From there, who knows what happens as they may have done things differently needed to score instead of protecting a lead but that would have made things a lot more interesting.