Why we lost to Michigan State - a dose of truth

You guys in California are still smokin' way too much weed. Remember there is a real reason they call it DOPE and that's what you two are, dopes.

"Bo's nephew and Coach Cotton's son both performed poorly..." So where were you when Alex Lewis was getting called for all those penalties? Pelini made one real bonehead play and I am certainly no supporter of Jake Cotton but I didn't hear his number get called all night. These guys do need a coaching change but not the Head Coach but rather the S&C Coach and the O-line Coach.

"We have the best players in the country and they deserve a better coach." I believe the last individual honor this team won was Crouch's Heisman. We used to win Outlands and Lombardis but those guys were coached and worked themselves into the Awards. Do they deserve better coaching? Yup. Better S&C Coach and better O-line Coach.

Come out of the haze Cali Boys and join the rest of us in the real world.

T_O_B

Tommy is a humble guy who works his ass off to get better. He knows he stunk it up most of the night and when he sees his nervous rookie performance on film he'll make a huge leap forward. This is the first time he's had constant pressure and came upon a defense that plays solid in every area, shutting down the run, and putting the game on his shoulders every play. He hasn't had to pass under pressure like that before and he'll see how it caused him to lock in on his primary then bail if it wasn't there even more than he usually does. He started doing some scrambling to buy time and our line didn't help him a damn bit, but throwing on the run Ganz style is a whole different type of passing that you don't just get overnight.

I'm not sure what Bo's temperament has to do with any of this...or Beck's calling an outlet pass to a back 7 yards away that Tommy was too rushed and nervous to hit? I also didn't see anything that impressed me about the backups...a lot of miscommunication and overthrown passes is what I saw. It's hard to say we should put in the 2nd and 3rd string when we hardly played them in blowouts..... I have absolutely no idea what kind of QB we'd have if Tommy went down.....maybe we should play them when we're ahead instead of leaving Tommy in to the last second?

The rest of the season I think the plan should be to go back to the running game that was working and work hard on all phases of the passing game so it's not as much of a crapshoot the next time we play a defense as good as MSU.

When the Huskers have a team like the ones Osborne assembled they will crush everything in their path. Until then, you have to just enjoy it for what it is. They will lose games, they will win games but they will never be National Championship caliber.

From someone in his 60's, Osborne had teams that did not crush everyone in his path. Osborne was heavily criticized many years for not being able to win the big one. We always had a year of beating weak non-conference teams and then the weaker Big8 or Big12 teams. We went into the late season with a good record, tremendous rushing and scoring stats and defense with good stats too. Then we would have trouble when we had to play tough teams late in the season. We also usually had a team that could not execute a passing game that worried good teams.

We lost the game to Sparty because our offensive line is not offensive against top 20 teams, a defense that still has trouble with pass defense (either blowing occasional coverages or giving up too many passing yards), and a coaching staff that followed a game plan that was not working far too long into the game.

You guys in California are still smokin' way too much weed. Remember there is a real reason they call it DOPE and that's what you two are, dopes.

"Bo's nephew and Coach Cotton's son both performed poorly..." So where were you when Alex Lewis was getting called for all those penalties? Pelini made one real bonehead play and I am certainly no supporter of Jake Cotton but I didn't hear his number get called all night. These guys do need a coaching change but not the Head Coach but rather the S&C Coach and the O-line Coach.

"We have the best players in the country and they deserve a better coach." I believe the last individual honor this team won was Crouch's Heisman. We used to win Outlands and Lombardis but those guys were coached and worked themselves into the Awards. Do they deserve better coaching? Yup. Better S&C Coach and better O-line Coach.

Come out of the haze Cali Boys and join the rest of us in the real world.

T_O_B

Not all on the oline coach, either tonight. Had a lot to do with formation alignment.

Oh, and to the bolded part, Ndamunkong Suh says hello...