DE Amani Bledsoe [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

• 1 month later...

OUTLOOK: Bledsoe is another prospect that hasn't begun to narrow down his offer list quite yet. The hometown Kansas Jayhawks have hosted him on several visits, but he did attend the spring game in Lincoln, a strong sign for the Huskers. There's a lot left to play out, but Nebraska remains in contention along with Kansas, Missouri, Oregon, and Oklahoma.

Link

• 2 weeks later...

"I haven't narrowed my list down, yet," Bledsoe said. "Nobody has really stood out. That's what I'll be doing this summer. I won't be taking any visits. I want to have a relaxed summer. All I will do is stay in contact with schools and figure out the few official visits I will take. I want to make a decision sometime during my season."

Bledsoe is taking a very slow and methodical approach to his recruitment, and he knows exactly what he's looking for.
"I'm just looking for a place that feels like home," he shared. "I want to go somewhere that I'm very comfortable. The relationships with the coaching staff are important. I want to be close to everyone at the program, and I want to play for a great defensive line coach. I just want to feel like I'm a perfect fit for the school."

Scout

Got a bad feeling about OU here.

If they have another mediocre season then it will help. It hurt them when they lost Montgomery to the NFL so that help as well. I would say Oklahoma is the bigger threat. Doesn't mean Riley and Co can't.

Forgot about Montgomery, good call.

If they have another mediocre season then it will help. It hurt them when they lost Montgomery to the NFL so that help as well. I would say Oklahoma is the bigger threat. Doesn't mean Riley and Co can't.

Dude did serious work for them. Got them DeBerry, made them appealing to Neal and was Bledsoe's lead recruiter. On top of all that, OU is stale right now with little forward momentum. Stoops stayed there too long imo. Any recruit that is looking at Oklahoma can't fully believe they're walking into a stable situation.

Dude did serious work for them. Got them DeBerry, made them appealing to Neal and was Bledsoe's lead recruiter. On top of all that, OU is stale right now with little forward momentum. Stoops stayed there too long imo. Any recruit that is looking at Oklahoma can't fully believe they're walking into a stable situation.

He did kill it last year. I agree on the momentum as do some OU fans I know, however they recruited strong last year IIRC.

He did kill it last year. I agree on the momentum as do some OU fans I know, however they recruited strong last year IIRC.

They usually do but he was a LARGE part of it. Stoops' days are numbered imo....maybe on his own volition.

• Fire 1

He's been on campus, what 2 times, 3 times now? He visited summer after his junior year with the old coaching staff. Then he visited for the spring game under the new coaches. He had planned to make it back up this summer but may not get to. As far as I know the only other school he has visited twice is Kansas because they are in his backyard.

I've been following his recruitment closely and I really think we have a better chance with this kid than people think. Based on my research, he has visited Kansas, KState, Missouri, Nebraska, UCLA, Oklahoma State and Oklahoma. He's not taking any visits this summer and is taking his time with this process. He has a single mom and research shows that most kids don't go more than 6-7 hrs from home. I think we have a good shot at him. He really likes our new coaches and he knows we need depth at DE.

• Fire 2

Amani is noted to be a little impressionable, so the staff will have work things like proximity, academics, staff stability and playing time/style. Nebraska has everything he needs just convincing him.

What? An Impressionable 18 year old? No way (Oregon laughing)!