DE Amani Bledsoe [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

This was over well before Riley set foot in Lincoln. In Kelly's case being from Kansas, his recruitment was very odd, exception to the norm for "heartland" kids. If this happens again next year then my attitude will be different.

So this is a guy who visited for a game last year, visited for the spring game, supposedly wants to stay close to home and had us in his top 10 a week ago but was gone over nine months ago? I don't buy it. We might not have been in the lead but we were in the conversation.

No disrespect but you don't have to believe it. OU was ahead of Nebraska before Riley was hired, hell he didn't even like the last scheme as it stood. Also going to OU still fulfills the need to stay close to home. I just thought we had a better chance with the new staff and the fact that Montgomery had moved on, but that wasn't the case. Now he could really do something whacky and commit to KU.

All that is entirely possible. Like I said, we might not have been the leader (probably weren't) but that doesn't make us out of it.

This was over well before Riley set foot in Lincoln. In Kelly's case being from Kansas, his recruitment was very odd, exception to the norm for "heartland" kids. If this happens again next year then my attitude will be different.

So this is a guy who visited for a game last year, visited for the spring game, supposedly wants to stay close to home and had us in his top 10 a week ago but was gone over nine months ago? I don't buy it. We might not have been in the lead but we were in the conversation.

No disrespect but you don't have to believe it. OU was ahead of Nebraska before Riley was hired, hell he didn't even like the last scheme as it stood. Also going to OU still fulfills the need to stay close to home. I just thought we had a better chance with the new staff and the fact that Montgomery had moved on, but that wasn't the case. Now he could really do something whacky and commit to KU.

All that is entirely possible. Like I said, we might not have been the leader (probably weren't) but that doesn't make us out of it.

Think if we were in this final 6 I could get with you. Him dropping us like that tells me we were in it but not by much. Both visits were with different staffs too. I've always felt I needed to see him visit us once more to get fully excited. I give the staff credit for getting him up to the spring game.

Water under the bridge now.

Really hurts missing out on local talent to fill a position of need.

All the eggs are with Noah and McDaniel now.

Could be the staff knows something? There's been talk of silent commits for awhile now. We're all looking at it from the perspective of the kid. What's changed in the last three weeks? Isn't that during the time frame when Fant went on his visits out west and said he knew when he would be announcing?

DL recruitment has been, to put it nicely, slow under Hughes thus far. This may be another example.

Outside of the Davis twins, it hasn't been great for the last several seasons. Nebraska has absolutely failed to recruit DEs under Pelini/Kaz and Hughes so far.

It's a little puzzling on why we've struggled recruiting DEs.

As a whole I tend to agree but Bo's staff did have some success. McMullen was highly rated and they got him out from under OSU, RG4 was a great pick up. There have been others that looked good on paper that just didn't pan out, Keels for example. Heck they had some impressive near misses like Owa. I know it is early with this staff, I am worried about the apparent lack of traction with any DL recruit of significance so far. It is really troubling and will be an issue if not fixed by the 2017 cycle.
  • Fire 1

DL recruitment has been, to put it nicely, slow under Hughes thus far. This may be another example.

Outside of the Davis twins, it hasn't been great for the last several seasons. Nebraska has absolutely failed to recruit DEs under Pelini/Kaz and Hughes so far.

It's a little puzzling on why we've struggled recruiting DEs.

As a whole I tend to agree but Bo's staff did have some success. McMullen was highly rated and they got him out from under OSU, RG4 was a great pick up. There have been others that looked good on paper that just didn't pan out, Keels for example. Heck they had some impressive near misses like Owa. I know it is early with this staff, I am worried about the apparent lack of traction with any DL recruit of significance so far. It is really troubling and will be an issue if not fixed by the 2017 cycle.

Avery Moss.... <crickets>