DE Amani Bledsoe [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

DL recruitment has been, to put it nicely, slow under Hughes thus far. This may be another example.

Outside of the Davis twins, it hasn't been great for the last several seasons. Nebraska has absolutely failed to recruit DEs under Pelini/Kaz and Hughes so far.

It's a little puzzling on why we've struggled recruiting DEs.

As a whole I tend to agree but Bo's staff did have some success. McMullen was highly rated and they got him out from under OSU, RG4 was a great pick up. There have been others that looked good on paper that just didn't pan out, Keels for example. Heck they had some impressive near misses like Owa. I know it is early with this staff, I am worried about the apparent lack of traction with any DL recruit of significance so far. It is really troubling and will be an issue if not fixed by the 2017 cycle.

Avery Moss.... <crickets>

That hurt us pretty bad. Moss would be a junior this season.

Okay, admit it. Who else wondered whether he's related to Drew Bledsoe, and had to pull up his Rivals profile to find out? I mean, it's not like Bledsoe is a common name. :lol:

Hah, I went to college with a Bledsoe. I asked him the same question.

Aren't we all related?

Okay, admit it. Who else wondered whether he's related to Drew Bledsoe, and had to pull up his Rivals profile to find out? I mean, it's not like Bledsoe is a common name. :lol:

Hah, I went to college with a Bledsoe. I asked him the same question.

Aren't we all related?

No my fiancée is only my 3rd cousin. I don't count that far down the line.

• 4 months later...

Had to bump this. Why are we not in on this kid? He is in our radius and exactly what we need in a pass rusher off the edge. No comments in this thread since before our season began. Now after witnessing our season anyone that knows our defense can understand you will play a lot as a pass rusher on the edge. This kid could just show up and say I'm here to start coach!

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Semper-Fidelis-Bowl-West-Day-One-Top-Performers-42381340

Alpha Dog

Today's honors go to Lawrence (KS) DE Amani Bledsoe.

The 6-foot-5, 270-pounder was dominant during 1-on-1 drills and carried that over to both 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 action.

Bledsoe already has a college-ready body and has great burst off the line of scrimmage for a big guy. He put pressure on the quarterback all afternoon off the edge and really did a great job in run support as well, stuffing a number of plays at the line of scrimmage.

Bledsoe is currently undecided, but has a top five (no order) of Oregon, Oklahoma, Kansas, N.C. State, and Baylor.

Sheesh...where are we...considering Kansas (ok close to home), NC State? This should be a :bigredn: vs :spooners battle and we have a big need for a player like this today! We should definitely reconnect with him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...