Beck's family being harassed?C

This what? "fans giving his family grief."

All anyone is asking for is a definition of "grief." What does that entail? Is it terroristic threats that should involve the police, is it just kids being kids at high school?

Nobody is OK with harassing the families of our coaches, and everyone saying this is being blown out of proportion would be among the first to stand up and defend the coaches' families if they witnessed it.

But at this point, we have no idea, other than the word "grief," what happened, when it happened, to whom it happened, in what context it happened, or any other thing related to the "grief."

Further, this tweet is not saying it happened, it's asking if there's proof that this happened. And no proof was given in reply, at least not in any tweet.

So I could tweet at, say, Mike Welch, something like, "Is it true that Bo Pelini's cat was shaved and painted Michigan State green after last game?" Based on the reaction in this thread, that question (not statement, not list of facts, but a question) would elicit two pages of anger and ridiculousness over the now-green cat.

Does it make sense to have a two-page thread here, and threads several pages longer than this on other message boards, over that question? No, absolutely not.

And here's the ultimate kick in the pants about this - Beck insinuates, according to that tweet, that the reason he hasn't spoken to the press for weeks is this "grief."

But Tommy Armstrong has spoken to the press after every game, including immediately after the Sparty loss. And he gets TONS of "grief" even directly tweeted at him on his Twitter account.

If Tim Beck is holding off from talking to the media because his family received "grief," why would he send his players out to speak for him, thus making them the target of "grief?"

Isn't Beck getting paid three quarters of a million dollars to take that "grief?"

• Fire 3

This behavior is absolutely disgusting.

What is disgusting? What happened? What was said? Who said it? Was it an adult to a child, kid-to-kid, adult-to-adult (like to Mrs. Tim Beck), or something to Beck himself when his family was present?

Was it griping about coaching, about the loss, the way the team played, or something else?

Did it involve curse words?

Were threats made? If so, to whom? What kind of threats? How many times did this occur?

That's just it. We don't know. Quite honestly, I don't want to know. Correct me if I'm wrong. But, this was simply a comment made by Fiala. It wasn't even a comment made by one of the coaching staff. Nobody on the staff (to my knowledge) came out in public and made a big deal about it.

All I know is Beck didn't talk to the media for a while (which I'm perfectly fine with) and then Fiala made his comments.

We don't know what ever happened with Beck's family and what exactly his feelings were towards it. For all we know, Fiala may have made a bigger deal out of it than what Beck did personally.

Beck is coaching the offense. There are major programs where nobody talks to the media but the HC. I see no problem with that. When a coordinator DOES talk to the media at Nebraska, I think it's pretty cool and I like learning what I can from them. But, it's not like we are entitled and can DEMAND that Beck step in front of the microphone.

I'm so sick and tired of the attitude of...."Beck sucks because he won't come talk to me" Waaa waaa waaaa....

This is such a non issue other than simply the fact that if someone is saying or doing nasty things to coach's families that "fan" is a piece of sh#t.

Now, can we move on? We have a game tomorrow that could be a very entertaining and exciting start to the second half of our season.

All anyone is asking for is a definition of "grief." What does that entail? Is it terroristic threats that should involve the police, is it just kids being kids at high school?

Nobody is OK with harassing the families of our coaches, and everyone saying this is being blown out of proportion would be among the first to stand up and defend the coaches' families if they witnessed it.

But at this point, we have no idea, other than the word "grief," what happened, when it happened, to whom it happened, in what context it happened, or any other thing related to the "grief."

Further, this tweet is not saying it happened, it's asking if there's proof that this happened. And no proof was given in reply, at least not in any tweet.

So I could tweet at, say, Mike Welch, something like, "Is it true that Bo Pelini's cat was shaved and painted Michigan State green after last game?" Based on the reaction in this thread, that question (not statement, not list of facts, but a question) would elicit two pages of anger and ridiculousness over the now-green cat.

Does it make sense to have a two-page thread here, and threads several pages longer than this on other message boards, over that question? No, absolutely not.

And here's the ultimate kick in the pants about this - Beck insinuates, according to that tweet, that the reason he hasn't spoken to the press for weeks is this "grief."

But Tommy Armstrong has spoken to the press after every game, including immediately after the Sparty loss. And he gets TONS of "grief" even directly tweeted at him on his Twitter account.

If Tim Beck is holding off from talking to the media because his family received "grief," why would he send his players out to speak for him, thus making them the target of "grief?"

Isn't Beck getting paid three quarters of a million dollars to take that "grief?"

Yes, he is

Yes, he is

So we've moved from speculating on how and if Tim Beck's family was actually harassed, to speculating on what a pu&&y he is for even mentioning it, since he makes so much money?

• Fire 1

Yes, he is

So we've moved from speculating on how and if Tim Beck's family was actually harassed, to speculating on what a pu&&y he is for even mentioning it, since he makes so much money?

Nope, and insinuating that anyone is doing this is intentionally misreading their posts. I get that hyperbole makes for great fun on message boards, but it doesn't play here.

Yes, he is

Nope, and insinuating that anyone is doing this is intentionally misreading their posts. I get that hyperbole makes for great fun on message boards, but it doesn't play here.

Then what's the point of your and Polo's posts?

It sure seems to me you are saying...."you are making $750,000 so you and your family just need to suck it up and shut up."....ie....you pussies.

Yes, he is

Go back and read your last paragraph, Knapp. There's no other way to read it.

I assure you this is not hyperbole or sh#t-stirring. Just holding you to your own standard, which sometimes changes in the middle of a post.

If we don't know enough to speculate, we probably shouldn't speculate.

Putting "grief" in quotes is catty enough.

Yes, he is

Go back and read your last paragraph, Knapp. There's no other way to read it.

I assure you this is not hyperbole or sh#t-stirring. Just holding you to your own standard, which sometimes changes in the middle of a post.

If we don't know enough to speculate, we probably shouldn't speculate.

Putting "grief" in quotes is catty enough.

No one is saying that, but if Beck didn't think that was a possibility when things like that happen to small town high school coaches, he's begging a little.

And again, if it's a problem, announcing it isn't the best way for it to go away, talking to the police and saying nothing is.