17 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Wow, quite the connoisseur! That cooler sounds very nice.

I tried one of the Macs last night. It had a very different draw from any of the other ones I had smoked so far. I even had to adjust my cut several times because I felt like I wasn't getting enough through.

Liked it well enough. It was very smooth compared to any of the others I've had. I think it's probably because it was in a lighter Connecticut shade wrapper than a lot of my others which have been darker and oilier.

Looking forward to testing out the Man O' Wars and Punches as well.

My favorite wrapper is Maduro, so I really enjoy the Macanudo Maduros.  Haven't had a bad one yet.  I've had that experience before, where you're trying like hell to save the cigar.  Not very enjoyable.  Haha!  

Do you prefer straight cut or punch?  I've really like the punch cut.  

I'm definitely no connoisseur, but well on my way to spending too much money on something I'm going to light on fire!!  

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Calvin said:

My favorite wrapper is Maduro, so I really enjoy the Macanudo Maduros.  Haven't had a bad one yet.  I've had that experience before, where you're trying like hell to save the cigar.  Not very enjoyable.  Haha!  

Do you prefer straight cut or punch?  I've really like the punch cut.  

I'm definitely no connoisseur, but well on my way to spending too much money on something I'm going to light on fire!!  

Haha no doubt! 

I have a guillotine cutter and like a fairly healthy draw (sweet irony :lol:) so I go with a straight cut. Punch cuts look interesting, however.

I think most of the sticks I've smoked previously were Maduros, as are the Punch ones I got. The milder Mac was definitely a change of pace.

54 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Haha no doubt! 

I have a guillotine cutter and like a fairly healthy draw (sweet irony :lol:) so I go with a straight cut. Punch cuts look interesting, however.

I think most of the sticks I've smoked previously were Maduros, as are the Punch ones I got. The milder Mac was definitely a change of pace.

Oh, one that slipped my mind on the milder side, Baccarat.  Have had a few of these and been impressed each time.  Milder cigar, green wrapper, but an easy every day smoker. 

Rocky Patel has a lot of variety and I've found a few I like.  

I only started using the punch cut since it's attached to this torch lighter I bought.  Now I prefer it.  Less chance of a mess and haven't seen a difference in draw.  The lighter I got was pretty cheap.  Has three flames, windproof. But it guzzles up the fuel pretty fast.  

• 7 months later...

OHA-PM-1007.jpg?v=105961

Had one of these bad boys last night with a glass of whiskey and a Guinness to celebrate a new job. It was fantastic. CAO Black. I got a CAO sampler in my most recent shipment of sticks. So far I have liked every single one of them. I think the Black might've been my favorite so far. Just super mellow all the way through - other than the small leaf (?) - I think - that broke loose and I wound up inhaling halfway through that sent me into a horrible coughing fit. Overall really impressed by the entire lineup.

• Plus1 1
  • 8 months later...