You know we are good when we should be 8-0 are are 7-1!!

No. We should be 6-2 and are lucky to be 7-1. We were not competitive with Michigan State until the end, when they had let off the gas. We should have lost to McNeese State. That is just as accurate as saying we should be 8-0.

Not being negative, but just the way I see it.

We are still in the hunt, and that is all that is important.

What exactly about the McNeese game makes you think we should have lost it? Unless possibly going to overtime means you lose, then I think its a little whoa is me to think that we were gonna lose that game.

McNeese is not the FCS powerhouse some made them out to be. They've since lost by 16 to a pretty lousy Sam Houston. You laugh, while voters punish. What will the committee say about it if we win out?

First off, they could bring up cases for every team about a game or two that was not won as expected. Second, if we happen to be on the bubble I'm not too worried with having 2 automatic allies in TO & Alvarez and the brand name of Nebraska. The media would also love for us to get back to the top. I think 12-1 and we are in

I laugh when people say "they almost lost to McNeese State." The fact is they didn't lose. They played through some adversity, made some plays and won. Just like teams are supposed to do. I know people will say "if blah blah makes that catch out of the backfield they score". Maybe. Maybe not. On the other side if NU makes a block here or there who knows, maybe NU scores twice more.

Even better than this is the chorus of "should have lost" in spite of a miracle 98 yard pick 6 skewing the score and the fact that the finishing play by our marquee player prevented a tie as opposed to a loss.

People, please... We won the bleeping thing. It's OK to let go of the masochism for a minute. In the final tally, our losses can hurt us- not our wins. Let's worry about getting more of them.

• Fire 2

The IF of winning out, including beating Iowa and Wisconsin away, Minnesota at home and then, finally, a probably 11-1 MSU or OSU in a CCG is huge.

IF all this happens and we're 12-1 with a recent win over a likely top 10 team then we can have the conversation about whether two SEC teams with at least one loss belong in the top four. I wouldn't worry too much because IF this somewhat improbable chain of events comes to pass, then I doubt we'll be denied.

I don't think we should be 8-0, but the fact The BIG RED is 7-1 is a great thing. Especially when you take into account the team hasn't hit full stride yet. I think every game has had some hang ups... Slow start, weak finish... When this team puts it all together they are a top ten group and IF they can finish with one loss and win the CCG they should be in the playoff conversation.. That's something to be fired up about!

I don't think we should be 8-0, but the fact The BIG RED is 7-1 is a great thing. Especially when you take into account the team hasn't hit full stride yet. I think every game has had some hang ups... Slow start, weak finish... When this team puts it all together they are a top ten group and IF they can finish with one loss and win the CCG they should be in the playoff conversation.. That's something to be fired up about!

We did finish very strong against Michigan State which was refreshing. The team and coaches showed great focus to come back against a good team in their stadium. Sure, Michigan State letting up may have had something to do with it, but this team did NOT give up like some of recent past. The comeback was very reminiscent of the home field comeback against Ohio State. We were a catch, and then a pick away from possibly stealing what would now be an 8-0 season even after playing horribly for 3 quarters. I think that loss removes us from serious consideration about being in the BIG4. I hope this team is laser focused on a BIG championship. This team can do it if it doesn't give up or self destruct. Over 8 games in Bo's tenure, we have either lost a game we should not have or have been blown out. This has not occurred yet, which is a good sign. We did have that close call with Mayor McCheese St., but I don't care about close WINS. If this team cleans up QB/Center exchanges, FG kicking accuracy, WR dropped passes we make it into the BIG championship and probably win.

I laugh when people say "they almost lost to McNeese State." The fact is they didn't lose. They played through some adversity, made some plays and won. Just like teams are supposed to do. I know people will say "if blah blah makes that catch out of the backfield they score". Maybe. Maybe not. On the other side if NU makes a block here or there who knows, maybe NU scores twice more.

Even better than this is the chorus of "should have lost" in spite of a miracle 98 yard pick 6 skewing the score and the fact that the finishing play by our marquee player prevented a tie as opposed to a loss.

People, please... We won the bleeping thing. It's OK to let go of the masochism for a minute. In the final tally, our losses can hurt us- not our wins. Let's worry about getting more of them.

It is no different than saying we should have won vs MSU. We fell on a fumble around midfield on our last drive that if McNeese recovered, could have set them up with enough time to get a few yards and kick a FG. The "could have/should have" lost to McNeese came because of a "should have" won vs MSU. Neither happened.

We are 7-1 but we could easily be 1-7. If you erase all of our points and give them to the opponents, then erase all their points and give their scores to us we would be 1-7. See, very easy.

Go Big Red!

Actually.............

It would be a lot easier to take away a tremendous individual effort and have Mcneese St recover the fumble, leading to a winning fg than it would to take away the amount of points and/or give the amount of points to the likes of Fresno, FAU, Illinois, and Rutgers.

We are 7-1 but we could easily be 1-7. If you erase all of our points and give them to the opponents, then erase all their points and give their scores to us we would be 1-7. See, very easy.

Go Big Red!

Actually.............

It would be a lot easier to take away a tremendous individual effort and have Mcneese St recover the fumble, leading to a winning fg than it would to take away the amount of points and/or give the amount of points to the likes of Fresno, FAU, Illinois, and Rutgers.

While we are playing the take away game, can we say that Davison dropped that catch at Missouri?

Go Big Red!

Actually.............

While we are playing the take away game, can we say that Davison dropped that catch at Missouri?

Absolutely not. ESPY's are 100% immune.

But we can say Bennett made the field goal, Buckhalter didnt fumble, and Suh didnt get to McCoy.

And just so's I'm not a homer, Kansas made the two, Costa completed the pass, and Henery missed the kick.

Why is it Nebraska should be 8-0 and McNeese State does not get the same justification. They feel they should have won the game I think.

We are 7-1 nothing more, nothing less. We got our asses handed to us for 3/4 of the game. Michigan state let off the gas, and our kids played their guts out. McNeese state played us even the whole game.

We have played one quality opponent and got beat. We do not play another one, unless we go undefeated through the rest of the season.

So no I do not know we are good. We look better than we have in the past, the kids are playing, I think Bo is making improvements in every aspect of his job. But lets actually win something of importance before we declare we are good. Better yes, possibly, but no one knows for sure.

Its not Nebraskas fault how piss poor some of our opponents are this year, so the "we havent played anybody" argument doesnt do it for me. We can only play our schedule. So far we are 7-1 with a loss to a top ten team on the road. All week Ive been arguing this with a KState fan who says the same thing, "you havent played anybody".

Well, We are one game better in record currently and both ahve a loss. Ours was by 5 to #8 in their stadium. Theirs was to #4 by like 4 points in their own stadium. Do we REALLY have enough info to say which one was a more "quality loss". They also beat #18 OU by a point due to a missed chip shot FG while our best win was a 10 point win against unranked Miami. Perception I guess. They are ranked higher, thats fine. They have a much tougher road ahead too. Say we win out and they lose a couple to Baylor and TCU. Who was better? All we have to go off of is record and the eye test.

Overall, I think we are a hell of alot better than our record reflects, and our own fans think. Time will tell.