Let's Admit that Wisconsin Scares Us . . .

The only TOP 60 offense the Badgers have faced is Bowling Green.

Those who are quick to tear down Nebraska's stats and accomplishments based on "a crap schedule", have little credibility when touting Wisconsin having a "great" serene

is anyone doing that? and they both have pretty bad schedules, that is the more important point.

It's been brought up on this board, but it is also a topic brought up everywhere by many a folk.

Yes the schedule is weak, but what can honestly be done about that. The non con is set years in advanced when a team may be good (ie Fresno) but struggling now. Teams all want max home games so it is getting harder and harder to set series up I'd imagine. The conference schedule had been screwed with even more by adding rutgers and Maryland.

It is what it is, all one can do is show up on Saturday and play.

• Fire 2

i think some on here are a bit delusional, when have we had a game where we were able to dominate them or even came close, and then look at the games they spanked us! If we are not able to throw effectively we are in for a rough night. They will be tough to run on and lets be honest our offensive line is average at best.I am and always have been for 50 plus years a huge fan but I am also a realist and there defense against our offense without an effective passing game ,not just the deep ball scares me! They are not a good matchup for us.

Our defense is leaps and bounds better than it was in 2011 and 2012. If TA can hold on to the snap and doesn't make boneheaded throws that lead to interceptions we win. Period. End of story.

They will be able to run on us you can count on that , especially on gregory he is a great athlete but he is not strong enough to set and hold the edge we better put 9 in the box if we want to slow them

i think some on here are a bit delusional, when have we had a game where we were able to dominate them or even came close, and then look at the games they spanked us! If we are not able to throw effectively we are in for a rough night. They will be tough to run on and lets be honest our offensive line is average at best.I am and always have been for 50 plus years a huge fan but I am also a realist and there defense against our offense without an effective passing game ,not just the deep ball scares me! They are not a good matchup for us.

Our defense is leaps and bounds better than it was in 2011 and 2012. If TA can hold on to the snap and doesn't make boneheaded throws that lead to interceptions we win. Period. End of story.

They will be able to run on us you can count on that , especially on gregory he is a great athlete but he is not strong enough to set and hold the edge we better put 9 in the box if we want to slow them

We are have the best rushing defense Wisconsin has played all year. We'll focus on stopping the run and trust our secondary to keep Stave is check. They'll get some yards, and some points, but in the end it will be a big win for the Big Red.

Just heard on a radio program that Wisconsin currently has the top ranked defense in the country. Is that so? That kind of gave me a little heartburn when I heard that. Ouch.

#1 in Yards Allowed. #3 in Points Allowed

they have had a less than impressive schedule, however.

Quite true.

We need to tackle Gordon. Obviously. But when we get to him, we need to bring him down. If we miss tackles, it won't be good. Other than that, I like our chances.

Just heard on a radio program that Wisconsin currently has the top ranked defense in the country. Is that so? That kind of gave me a little heartburn when I heard that. Ouch.

#1 in Yards Allowed. #3 in Points Allowed

they have had a less than impressive schedule, however.

Quite true.

We need to tackle Gordon. Obviously. But when we get to him, we need to bring him down. If we miss tackles, it won't be good. Other than that, I like our chances.

absolutely. we have struggled at bringing people down at the point of contact. we give up a lot of sneaky yards. we have to be much more aggressive and hard nosed. mostly our lbs and secondary.

One thing we can all be sure of.... It's gonna be really cold in Madison next Saturday. I regret that some of these fast, skilled SEC teams can't be compelled to come up to Lincoln or Madison in the middle of November and play us.

Wisconsin's utterly woeful passing game has progressed to less woeful/borderline effective. But when you nearly pee your pants with glee when completing a 3rd down pass against the likes of Purdue or Rutgers it's probably not a good sign.

The Badger defense looks like the real deal, but we're thin. Lack of depth killed us against LSU when we lost two key guys in the 2nd half. Also, Stave was so mentally screwed up (the yips, reportedly) that he didn't even play. He's back to normal, now, although "normal" is admittedly a respectable backup for a top 15 team. lol.

If you don't think Melvin Gordon hasn't had this game circled on his calendar since last spring, you are unaware at how personally the guy takes the Nebraska game/ playing against Abdullah. Melvin Gordon wants to be the best running back in the Big Ten, as well as in the country. He respects AA, but you can take it to market that he is going to want to have the game of his life next Saturday against the guy.

Wisconsin expects to win the Big Ten West this year, and we've known for a long time that this Saturday will determine that.

Oh yeah... and don't expect a warm welcome in Madison. We don't like you (or any other Big Ten schools). Apparently a bunch of you were shocked when you didn't get one last time you came to Madison. Here's your public service announcement.

If you don't think Melvin Gordon hasn't had this game circled on his calendar since last spring, you are unaware at how personally the guy takes the Nebraska game/ playing against Abdullah. Melvin Gordon wants to be the best running back in the Big Ten, as well as in the country. He respects AA, but you can take it to market that he is going to want to have the game of his life next Saturday against the guy.

Wisconsin expects to win the Big Ten West this year, and we've known for a long time that this Saturday will determine that.

Oh yeah... and don't expect a warm welcome in Madison. We don't like you (or any other Big Ten schools). Apparently a bunch of you were shocked when you didn't get one last time you came to Madison. Here's your public service announcement.

I think after our last trip to Madison, it was apparent that Badger fans are in competition to be the worst fans in the league. I'm not sure if its the frustration of never having won a football championship, or simply that Wisconsin nice does not apply to football, but regardless, I am hoping for a spirited game.

As for Gordon vs Abdullah, both are great backs having great seasons. I'm not sure how much Abdullah's injury will affect his performance, but I'm sure if you asked each of them, they both want to be the best backs in the country.

AA feels the same way. This game decides the best back in the country IMO. Gordon's lucky. AA is hurt. Might not be 100%.

You and Randall will never be as bad as playing at Mizzou and Colorado. Trust me. I am glad that Barry used to be your AD as Wisky is modeled after NU. Flattery and all that........