Let's Admit that Wisconsin Scares Us . . .

I just saw the Bluegrass Brainwash Conspiracy where a group of hillbillies are trying to turn the whole country into hillbillies.........it got me to thinking about all the cheese I see everywhere I go. I'm thinking they might be trying to turn us all into Cheeseheads!

Warning to Husker fans.........STAY AWAY FROM THE CHEESE!

Teams being equal, statiscally home field advantage doesn't yield as big as advantage as it's made out to be. I get ridiculed for this here but it doesn't make it less true.

It also makes a difference when you change your argument from basically saying it doesn't exist to saying it isn't a big of a factor as it's made out to be.

Good crimony. It makes such a little difference it's not a factor. Nitpick on.

Wisconsin's easy big ten schedule is what scares me. Seriously, they have the most favorable schedule I've ever seen in a conference the size of the Big Ten (or SEC) where you don't play all teams. They don't play MSU or OSU at all, and have their two most difficult games (Nebraska and Minnesota) at home.

Why does that scare you? As long as we beat them they have virtually no chance of winning the west. It's the same team on the field on Saturday no matter who else they've played.

Wisconsin's easy big ten schedule is what scares me. Seriously, they have the most favorable schedule I've ever seen in a conference the size of the Big Ten (or SEC) where you don't play all teams. They don't play MSU or OSU at all, and have their two most difficult games (Nebraska and Minnesota) at home.

Why does that scare you? As long as we beat them they have virtually no chance of winning the west. It's the same team on the field on Saturday no matter who else they've played.

This was part sarcasm for this thread, but also pointing out that there is a definite imbalance in the difficulty of schedule for the league's "top" teams. I realize they make these in advance, and the top teams can change from year to year.

Nebraska fan puts on holier than thou hat on high horse to tell Anyone within earshot how great we are to opponents.

Proceeds to be complete asshat to opposing fan on the internet.

Achieves par for the course.

Is this directed at me? Bc Ive never once mentioned how great we are to opponents. In fact I ignore opposing fans when I see them in Lincoln, just like I said in my post. And I think the compliments by opposing fans thread is stupid.
While your opinion may the minority view, I completely agree with you. I don't see why Nebraska fans go out of their way to be nice to others. We should strive to make our home field a hostile environment where opponents dread playing in. The other team, not their fans, are our friends. They want to destroy us on our home field. We live in a dog-eat-dog world these days where we should utilize the competitive atmosphere to intimidate our opponents, not make them feel welcomed. Not saying we need to go out of our way to fight every visiting fan/player, but there is no reason to be nice to them. However, this is just my opinion so take it for what it's worth. Maybe, I'm just spiteful after living in Chicago for so many years.

The fans are there to watch a football game. They have nothing to do with the outcome of the game. The way I look at them is, they are on vacation. I wouldn't want someone messing with me when Im on vacation. But at the same time, I bought this beer and food so stay away from my tailgate unless I know you. Buy your own beer and food.

But I agree with treating the opposing TEAM with hostility. Make it intimidating for them, not their fans.

Fans may not directly affect the outcome of the game, but they have the possibility to indirectly affect the outcome of the game. For example, let the opposing fans feel welcomed may make them feel more welcomed to cheer at the games. In a close game, after a momentum shifting play in favor of our opponents, they may not be as worried or feel as much as an outsider to cheer for their team, even though they are sitting among Nebraska fans. When the opposing team acknowledges these cheers they may feel support and play better. To say fans have no impact on the game is silly, because if not then what is the fuss over home field advantage. As you've stated the best way to approach this situation, is to ignore the opposing fans...

Some of the funnest times I have had in Lincoln is with opposing fans. Heck, in college, we were fierce rivals on the field with OU. After the game? We had a blast with their fans.

I just don't understand the attitude some fans have that they need to be rude or intimidating to the opposing fans. It just seems like the most immature way to be a fan and it ruins the experience for so many people.

Believe it or not, you being rude to opposing fans doesn't affect the outcome. All it does is makes you feel tough.

• Fire 3
I completely agree with you. I don't see why Nebraska fans go out of their way to be nice to others. We should strive to make our home field a hostile environment where opponents dread playing in. The other team, not their fans, are our friends. They want to destroy us on our home field. We live in a dog-eat-dog world these days where we should utilize the competitive atmosphere to intimidate our opponents, not make them feel welcomed... However, this is just my opinion so take it for what it's worth. Maybe, I'm just spiteful after living in Chicago for so many years.

I grew up in Rockford, but I left this type of attitude on the other side of the Mississippi when I left.

You either need to do the same, or go back to the Chicago...I had enough of this type of attitude in the 12 years I was in Illinois to last me a lifetime.