Anyone go to any whiskey message boards?

NUinID

yeah, I have to agree that people acting like aholes at games are the worst. Why do it? Does it make you feel better as a 21 year old to toss beer at a 40 man with a family? Does it help your team win? These behaviours are akin to that of a young child woth no self-awareness.

with that said, I son't believe in grouping masses into one identity and giving them specific qualities. I am sure Memorial has as much of these types as Camp Randall does.

oh, and by the way Wiscy fans: it has nothing to do with our two losses. It has to do with people not treating others like people. if you can't see that, then we can't help you.

Bro's, check it out...I was just line grabbing a coffee...but the lady in front of me took a bit long to complete her order...so I just let her have it! I got as close as I could to her ear, from behind, and I yelled out "Try another coffee place LOSER...THIS PLACE IS NOT FOR YOU!"

I think that will be the last time she feels comfortable ordering coffee...Oh...I also followed her out when she left and I walked really close...making sure she knew I was there.

Did I do that right, Badger fan?

• Fire 1

Bigdsrip explained it well. Culture shock combined with the embarrassment of traveling to support a team made to look worse than they usually are seems to bring out the inner whiner in OSU/MSU/Nebraska fans.

A good example: OSU's fans were big on how awful Camp Randall was back when we used to be able to beat them. Now that they beat us at home every other year those complaints have promptly ceased. I think this Camp Randall brutishness stuff comes more from perception than from reality, as I too have been to many years of games and never seen a visiting fan physically assaulted or threatened but have seen a lot of a-hole chants.

Real quick...you do or do not start chanting "A-Hole" chants at dinners, movies, school plays and the grocery store.

Literally two posts above this you wrote:

"You sound like a moron...you don't need to act like an ass. It is that simple. You are probably a virgin."

​You win, clearly we Wisconsin fans have much to learn from sages such as yourself on what it means to be 'classy', and how not to act like an ass. Now I better get off my computer so I can go find a real girl!

Bigdsrip explained it well. Culture shock combined with the embarrassment of traveling to support a team made to look worse than they usually are seems to bring out the inner whiner in OSU/MSU/Nebraska fans.

A good example: OSU's fans were big on how awful Camp Randall was back when we used to be able to beat them. Now that they beat us at home every other year those complaints have promptly ceased. I think this Camp Randall brutishness stuff comes more from perception than from reality, as I too have been to many years of games and never seen a visiting fan physically assaulted or threatened but have seen a lot of a-hole chants.

Real quick...you do or do not start chanting "A-Hole" chants at dinners, movies, school plays and the grocery store.

Literally two posts above this you wrote:

"You sound like a moron...you don't need to act like an ass. It is that simple. You are probably a virgin."

​You win, clearly we Wisconsin fans have much to learn from sages such as yourself on what it means to be 'classy', and how not to act like an ass. Now I better get off my computer so I can go find a real girl!

Exactly...good boy.

Not my experience. I had items thrown at me (including beer). I had people tell my son he was a loser in his Husker gear with 2 different people putting a shoulder into him as he walked by...because 14 year olds need to have that happen when they're not saying anything at all to anyone. My wife and son had to hear opposing fans tell her she needed to be with a real man along with lots of sexual references. It was awesome that my son had to hear that too.

It brought back memories of Colorado as I've said in the past. It was a great experience during the game but before and after, it was pure and unadulterated crap due to the unwelcoming nature of a "few" fans.

The worst part is...if that happened in Nebraska, other Nebraska fans would jump all over those few who were ruining it for visitors...but instead, all that happened was jeers and cheers from people at Randall.

As I've said, it wasn't a good experience...when someone threatens your family, it's not cool.

It sounds like you did not put any effort into discerning what was actually a threat to your family and what was simply trash talk at a sporting event. If you take all of that at face value and can't laugh it off than you are exactly the type of person who should not come to Camp Randall. You are the enemy on game day. You should expect some ribbing. I get it that Nebraska fans had no idea what to expect coming into Camp Randall and the reality was jarring. Now you know that we do football different and as crazy as it may seem we take an equal amount of pride in being unruly and irreverent as you do in being nice and polite. Madison has always done things a little differently and we enjoy sticking it to the system/powers that be. In football that means that we are a decidedly R rated experience and we like it that way.

If you don't that is fine, different strokes for different folks, but a little reality is healthy in every discussion. The reality here was that Nebraska fans believed the ESPN hype and thought the B1G sucked and that they were going to waltz in here and win the title every year, starting with a nationally televised coming out party against Wisconsin. All summer we heard about how UW was just a second rate Nebraska, a cheap imitation that was going to get introduced to the real thing when 20,000 NU fans invaded our house and showed us upstarts what was what. Except that that script got thrown out the window and the Badger rout was on. It became shockingly clear that, in fact, the B1G can play a little ball, Nebraska fans had no impact at all on our stadium as they were completely drowned out by a familiar yet foreign Sea of Red, and the team on the field got curb stomped by a team embracing the philosophy you abandoned right about the same time you lost superpower status. Combined with the culture shock it was a lot to take in for the Husker fans in attendance and it is not surprising that many of them had a less than pleasurable experience. In the days of internet anonymity it is easy for a relatively mundane interaction to take on mythic proportions and be widely disseminated as the absolute truth. That is what happened here. I'm sure there were a few incidents where Badger fans crossed the line, that is true of any stadium in such a charged atmosphere and Camp Randall is certainly not immune, but the tales of widespread assaults and abuse are simply not true. People are going to filter interactions through their own ethos and reach their own conclusions but that is not proof of intent. Many of those same fans that you thought were threatening you and your family would have bought you all a beer if you had returned their jabs in kind and with a smile.

Finally, for the other poster, of course people don't act like that at work or in the grocery store. But you weren't at a grocery store or at work, you were at a college football night game between two top ten teams at a local that is known to embrace the drinking culture (IE Milwaukee Brewers). To expect the same standards of behavior to exist at those events is asinine. But then what do I know, I'm just a drunken virgin moron.

Honestly, trying to park in Madison on gamedays is a mess. If you'd like to forego the parking pass route for lots, there are plenty of yards, driveways, etc. to park in. Whenever I have visitors come in from out of town, I usually direct them to lot 34 on the map you provided. It's a bit of a walk to Camp Randall, but it's something of a secret and real easy in-and-out.

Honestly, trying to park in Madison on gamedays is a mess. If you'd like to forego the parking pass route for lots, there are plenty of yards, driveways, etc. to park in. Whenever I have visitors come in from out of town, I usually direct them to lot 34 on the map you provided. It's a bit of a walk to Camp Randall, but it's something of a secret and real easy in-and-out.

Thanks!

Not my experience. I had items thrown at me (including beer). I had people tell my son he was a loser in his Husker gear with 2 different people putting a shoulder into him as he walked by...because 14 year olds need to have that happen when they're not saying anything at all to anyone. My wife and son had to hear opposing fans tell her she needed to be with a real man along with lots of sexual references. It was awesome that my son had to hear that too.

It brought back memories of Colorado as I've said in the past. It was a great experience during the game but before and after, it was pure and unadulterated crap due to the unwelcoming nature of a "few" fans.

The worst part is...if that happened in Nebraska, other Nebraska fans would jump all over those few who were ruining it for visitors...but instead, all that happened was jeers and cheers from people at Randall.

As I've said, it wasn't a good experience...when someone threatens your family, it's not cool.

It sounds like you did not put any effort into discerning what was actually a threat to your family and what was simply trash talk at a sporting event. If you take all of that at face value and can't laugh it off than you are exactly the type of person who should not come to Camp Randall. You are the enemy on game day. You should expect some ribbing. I get it that Nebraska fans had no idea what to expect coming into Camp Randall and the reality was jarring. Now you know that we do football different and as crazy as it may seem we take an equal amount of pride in being unruly and irreverent as you do in being nice and polite. Madison has always done things a little differently and we enjoy sticking it to the system/powers that be. In football that means that we are a decidedly R rated experience and we like it that way.

If you don't that is fine, different strokes for different folks, but a little reality is healthy in every discussion. The reality here was that Nebraska fans believed the ESPN hype and thought the B1G sucked and that they were going to waltz in here and win the title every year, starting with a nationally televised coming out party against Wisconsin. All summer we heard about how UW was just a second rate Nebraska, a cheap imitation that was going to get introduced to the real thing when 20,000 NU fans invaded our house and showed us upstarts what was what. Except that that script got thrown out the window and the Badger rout was on. It became shockingly clear that, in fact, the B1G can play a little ball, Nebraska fans had no impact at all on our stadium as they were completely drowned out by a familiar yet foreign Sea of Red, and the team on the field got curb stomped by a team embracing the philosophy you abandoned right about the same time you lost superpower status. Combined with the culture shock it was a lot to take in for the Husker fans in attendance and it is not surprising that many of them had a less than pleasurable experience. In the days of internet anonymity it is easy for a relatively mundane interaction to take on mythic proportions and be widely disseminated as the absolute truth. That is what happened here. I'm sure there were a few incidents where Badger fans crossed the line, that is true of any stadium in such a charged atmosphere and Camp Randall is certainly not immune, but the tales of widespread assaults and abuse are simply not true. People are going to filter interactions through their own ethos and reach their own conclusions but that is not proof of intent. Many of those same fans that you thought were threatening you and your family would have bought you all a beer if you had returned their jabs in kind and with a smile.

Finally, for the other poster, of course people don't act like that at work or in the grocery store. But you weren't at a grocery store or at work, you were at a college football night game between two top ten teams at a local that is known to embrace the drinking culture (IE Milwaukee Brewers). To expect the same standards of behavior to exist at those events is asinine. But then what do I know, I'm just a drunken virgin moron.

Ha! I love that you are learning and accepting it! i asked where you will be Saturday for the game...where at? We can meet for a drink!

I love when people try to tell other people how they should feel!

"HEY! I know your grandmother just died...NOW STOP CRYING! YOU ARE NOT SAD"

"Hey, I know that all the fans were yelling at you and telling your wife you are not a real man but its all for fun, so grow up!"

Yet...then you get mad when I call you a virgin even though you admitted that you are...you can't have it both ways.