Anyone go to any whiskey message boards?

NUinID

Oh no, Tom Osborne, the guy who turned a blind eye to the behavior of Lawrence Philips and Christian Peter, is calling us out. Well, now I feel properly ashamed.

I'd be fine with you guys if you hadn't thrown beer at me, my wife, and my 14 year old son at the game. I'd only had that happen at Colorado before then.

Considering beer isn't served at the games I find this hard to believe.

• Fire 1

It really all just boils down to the number 5 - as in national championships. Wisconsin has none. It reminds me of Vince Vaughn on Couples Retreat - Nebraska is Vince and Wisconsin is everyone else especially the guy at the end of the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eQqohmsSvw

Ok, guys, who had November 11, 2014 as the day that Nebraska football would be compared to Couples Retreat? I didn't think that would happen for another year and a half.

It really all just boils down to the number 5 - as in national championships. Wisconsin has none. It reminds me of Vince Vaughn on Couples Retreat - Nebraska is Vince and Wisconsin is everyone else especially the guy at the end of the clip:

Ok, guys, who had November 11, 2014 as the day that Nebraska football would be compared to Couples Retreat? I didn't think that would happen for another year and a half.

Yeah this is a real dark day

It really all just boils down to the number 5 - as in national championships. Wisconsin has none. It reminds me of Vince Vaughn on Couples Retreat - Nebraska is Vince and Wisconsin is everyone else especially the guy at the end of the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eQqohmsSvw

it's official, we've reached the end of the internet. time to turn around and go back...

I don't get much of a rise over talking trash with opponents' fans here. Really pointless. And, for you badger fans that haven't noticed, that really isn't the vibe on this board for the most part.

I can say pretty definitively though that on average, this is the attitude of the average Badger fan that stops in here:

-When they beat Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, or another storied program the rhetoric is "How do you like getting embarrassed by perennial powerhouse Wisconsin?!"

-When they lose, the rhetoric is "We're just here to drink beer anyway, not a big deal."

It's interesting how that second one is a complete polar opposite of our fan base.

Now I am sure not all Wisconians are a holes. But, I know a guy from Wiscy (not saying friend well because he isn't just an acquaintance) and he has absolutely no respect for anyone. The guy lies, cheats, and steals and has no problem doing any of this anywhere. Had a beautiful wife that he cheated on well before he was married and obviously still was after since they are divorced. He was at a bachelor party once and stole a dildo from the stripper got his ass pounded by the body guard for doing other stupid sh#t. He was a charity function and stole a guys leather Husker coat. I could not figure out why he doesn't get his ass kicked more than he did but I guess most of his friends he bought and still does. Kinda crazy but whatever. The worse part is, is the fact he is a huge Nebraska fan and went to school in Lincoln. Just with my experience with this guy it is not hard for me to believe the stories told here about the people up there. Kinda sad I know, and probably shouldn't judge everyone based on him but I guess, if the shoe fits.

Wisconsinites over 35 are some of the nicest people on the planet. The younger ones, not so much.

I did live there for nearly 20 years.... during most of which that program was a joke. I think too many of them take their recent success for granted and forget just how terrible they were, for a long time. The Packers were really lousy in the 80s and early 90s too. Then they got good at the same time.... at the time I was actually very happy to see it. I think the students then were very appreciative; certainly the ones I went to high school with were. 1993 was a lot of fun when we were going for the title and they were trying to get to the Rose Bowl for the first time in yonks.

But there was a lot of suffering leading up to that point. I used to go to one game a year up there for marching band day, and they usually got walloped. The band was the best thing about that program for awhile. Now the football matches it.

That's the one aspect that has been disappointing is that the younger crowd pretends like those days never happened.

But I suppose they were a lot easier to get along with then because our paths almost never crossed.

It's exactly the same as being a long time St. Louis Cardinals fan who was ambivalent about the Brewers (mutually so) for a very long time, and then suddenly.... bang you're in the NL Central together. And yeah, suddenly friends of mine who I went to high school with have become very strained in their friendships with me because I now support TWO of their enemies...

So I've experienced this across two sports.....

• Fire 1

I don't get much of a rise over talking trash with opponents' fans here. Really pointless. And, for you badger fans that haven't noticed, that really isn't the vibe on this board for the most part.

I can say pretty definitively though that on average, this is the attitude of the average Badger fan that stops in here:

-When they beat Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, or another storied program the rhetoric is "How do you like getting embarrassed by perennial powerhouse Wisconsin?!"

-When they lose, the rhetoric is "We're just here to drink beer anyway, not a big deal."

It's interesting how that second one is a complete polar opposite of our fan base.

Please, show me where any Badger fan on a board has said that they just wanted to drink beer and didn't care that the team lost. That's bogus.

Please, show me where any Badger fan on a board has said that they just wanted to drink beer and didn't care that the team lost. That's bogus.

No