Anyone go to any whiskey message boards?

NUinID

Look...let me shed some light on this.

1. No one "really" cares who got in trouble with the law on either team as long as the team is winning

2. On a Tuesday, when you see a guy wearing a yellow tie and you hate yellow, I am sure you don't get in his face and scream at him. So...if its a Saturday and a guy is wearing a shirt of the opposing team you don't need to get in his face.

3. It is not how YOU think you are behaving...it is how the people around you feel you are behaving. It is like letting out a loud fart at dinner and saying "Oh, don't worry, mine don't smell" it really is not the point.

That's how you chose to do it. That is completely fine and noble of you. We do it different. You may find that distasteful or obnoxious but, frankly, we don't care. When you come to our house you play by our rules. That is going to include swearing and drinking and general rowdy behavior. We don't want you to feel unsafe but we also don't want you to feel overly welcome, if you don't like the vibe you don't have to come to Madison. Nobody is spitting on grandmas or throwing beer at kids. Or if they do, they will be arrested promptly, because that is behavior that everyone considers over the line. It is funny how all of these stories about UW fans and their despicable actions emerge when we beat a team with more historical cache than us. It is always OSU or Michigan or now Nebraska fans who feel UW is out of control. Surely it has nothing to do with the beat down taking place on the field that challenges their comfortable sense of place in CFB...

I totally agree on the part in BOLD

These are things that don't make me feel "overly welcome"

1. Buy me drinks

2. Share food

3. Be polite

4. Just ignore me...unless you are a blazing hot girl.

Man...if you do those things, I will feel really weird and unwelcome...there now you have the blueprint on what will make me feel unwelcome.

Nowhere did I say students and alumni and ither fans don't drink more than their fair share, just that the guy saying Badger fans after a loss say "oh well we just wanted to drink anyway" was wrong.

...and you still believe this after reading the part where it says students leave the game because they either are too drunk to watch any more of it or they are afraid they might sober up before the end of the game?

Never mind, I remember what bar night was like at Platteville. Carry on, Wisconsinite.

Regarding the "Wisconsin fans don't care, they just want to drink" -- it's mostly hyperbole. Wisconsin fans care, but generally not to the degree that, say, Ohio State or Nebraska fans care. We don't take the game as seriously as you guys do. There's a party in the street, there's a party in the stands, there's a game on the field. Win or lose we're going to have a good time. I mean, there are grandmas and small children to assault, why should the game outcome deter us from having fun like that?

Regarding the "Wisconsin fans don't care, they just want to drink" -- it's mostly hyperbole. Wisconsin fans care, but generally not to the degree that, say, Ohio State or Nebraska fans care. We don't take the game as seriously as you guys do. There's a party in the street, there's a party in the stands, there's a game on the field. Win or lose we're going to have a good time. I mean, there are grandmas and small children to assault, why should the game outcome deter us from having fun like that?

Can you drink in the streets, like, state street and stuff? On gameday?

Not in the street, no. On Regent Street, there are outdoor beer garden things hosted by the bars on gamedays, but that's about it.

Not in the street, no. On Regent Street, there are outdoor beer garden things hosted by the bars on gamedays, but that's about it.

Okay, what is better...Regent or State?

Before the game, definitely Regent. Afterwards, State Street.

Before the game, definitely Regent. Afterwards, State Street.

It's important that you understand that teachercd will drink Wisconsin dry, and you guys need to put out an emergency call for more beer RIGHT NOW.

I didn't have the mental capacity to read every post in this thread but it's seems like in summation all the Wisconsin fans are trying to convince everyone else that just bcause every fan base in the B1G has had a bad experience in Madison it doesn't mean they are jerks...hmm...OK makes sense