Question for car guys

I have a problem that hopefully someone can help me answer my question who knows about detailing and cleaning cars.

I have, what I consider, a very nice pickup. It has a Rhino type liner in the bed.

Over the weekend, I was cutting and splitting firewood. I had a new jug of chain saw bar oil in the back. At the end of the day, unbeknownst to me, the jug didn't have the cap on and was knocked over and completely emptied in the bed of my truck. When i noticed, this the next morning, I put oil dry (kitty litter type stuff) on it and it soaked up most of it. I then took it to the local car wash where at least it would have warm water and I used the soap/foam brush/power rinse to wash it out as best I could.

However, It still has a greasy feel to it. I also noticed I have ti on my back bumper.

So.....how is the best way to clean this out?

Thanks,

I would find a degreaser of some sort. Something they use to clean the underbody of the vehicle when restoring it. I know the make the stuff and it doesn't hurt the paint. Just spray it on the affected spots and use a power washer or a pocket of quarters. You can pick some up at a local auto parts store.

After a Dawn wash down....if it still feels greasy/oily, you might try a wipe down with a microfiber towel wet with acetone. (on the truck bed only - not on painted surfaces)

Also the Dawn will remove any wax you had on your paint, so if you go crazy and wash your entire truck you'll want to reapply a wax or wax-like layer of protection.

• 3 weeks later...

NUa and Count have the right idea. Take a bucket along with you to the car wash, fill it and then add a copious amount of the dish soap. Scrub down the bed with a brush and repeat if needed. If the truck bed is damaged in any way I would correct the problem with Flex Seal, get it at Walmart, its cheaper and you can get only what you need. We have a Shop n Cart here that will give you unlimited car washes for $30. a month. I wash my Sport Lite Utility Truck at least twice a week in the winter. I'm going to see to it that this vehicle lasts me until I die and they bury me in it.

T_O_B

• 3 weeks later...