*** The Official Wisconsin Badgers Game Discussion Thread ***

Just an observation, but it seems to me that during the Pelini era--our offense and the play-calling has always been "built" around that one great offensive player----be it Ameer, Martinez, Burkhead, etc. and the whole gameplan is designed for that one guy to perform--and when they do--we win, but when we dont----we lose. We seem to get little out of out back-ups (in close game or when we really need them to step-up) and I dont think its a talent issue as much as it is the strategy in having that one go-to guy.

In big games, it;s simple for the D to focus on that one start player and shut them down--and when that happens- we go to sh#t.

Just my take,

Good point. Again, IMO, points to Beck as OC........We are multiple (in that we do nothing to perfection), but not in a way to get our complete talent involved. It could also be that we haven't really had a QB who was a prolific passer in the way Beck wants. Again, in this O, Beck needs a throwing QB. In Bo's version we need a TA. They just need to figure it out....

Just an observation, but it seems to me that during the Pelini era--our offense and the play-calling has always been "built" around that one great offensive player----be it Ameer, Martinez, Burkhead, etc. and the whole gameplan is designed for that one guy to perform--and when they do--we win, but when we dont----we lose. We seem to get little out of out back-ups (in close game or when we really need them to step-up) and I dont think its a talent issue as much as it is the strategy in having that one go-to guy.

In big games, it;s simple for the D to focus on that one start player and shut them down--and when that happens- we go to sh#t.

Just my take,

Good point. Again, IMO, points to Beck as OC........We are multiple (in that we do nothing to perfection), but not in a way to get our complete talent involved. It could also be that we haven't really had a QB who was a prolific passer in the way Beck wants. Again, in this O, Beck needs a throwing QB. In Bo's version we need a TA. They just need to figure it out....

Just my take,

I would agree, In our offense, I would much rather have a proficient passer--who can use his feet to run--if he really has to, than a proficient runner--who can use his arm--if he really has to

Lot of questions start to be answered today.

Is Abdullah's knee 100% - and can we win if it isn't?

Are Wisconsin's defensive stats the result of a soft schedule?

Which team can minimize the number of mistakes and turnovers?

Will Bo go with khakis for his sideline apparel?

Just five agonizing hours until we begin to get answers to those and more. So, what the hell - grab a beer, grab a seat, grab your mouse (I said "MOUSE" BRI!!!) and post your in-game comments, commendations, and critiques here.

Oh, yeah, one more thing...

GBR!!!!!!!

Can we stop the very small number of plays that wisky ran over and over and over to put 70 on us?

Lot of questions start to be answered today.

Is Abdullah's knee 100% - and can we win if it isn't?

Are Wisconsin's defensive stats the result of a soft schedule?

Which team can minimize the number of mistakes and turnovers?

Will Bo go with khakis for his sideline apparel?

Just five agonizing hours until we begin to get answers to those and more. So, what the hell - grab a beer, grab a seat, grab your mouse (I said "MOUSE" BRI!!!) and post your in-game comments, commendations, and critiques here.

Oh, yeah, one more thing...

GBR!!!!!!!

Can we stop the very small number of plays that wisky ran over and over and over to put 70 on us?

Oh you mean, dive and jet sweep? I'm worried about banderas covering Gordon if they use him as the sweep back.

The really crappy thing is that even if we win--its only a big win to us--and not to the rest of the world.

If it matters to us, that's the only thing that's important.

But I disagree.... I think if we do win, we will get some respect. If Miami beats Florida State then I think we land in the top 10 next week.

I am normally feverish anti all-white, but I'm in favor of doing it again today. One, because I think it's a good idea when the other team's primary color is red. I think Wisky should wear their red helmet which is pretty sharp.

Two, because we appear to have a good thing going in those this year, which is a rarity. Our best football this year has been played in those duds.

• Fire 2

Not gonna lie, I just don't have a good feeling about this one today. Our offense hasn't been clicking lately. And we have struggled in less-than-ideal weather conditions.

The Blackshirts seem to be coming around and our special teams have been pretty good so hopefully they can make some plays and we can win a close one.

I'm with you Mavric. I hate feeling this way! I hope we're dead wrong.

I never feel really good about our games lately. We often win in spite of ourselves. It's the little things that make a difference in games like this (most of the time) and I'm concerned about our offense wasting opportunities. I have faith in the D and ST to make some plays and hold the opposition.

My feel is that the game is a good one but if we continue to make the simple mistakes on offense, the D gets worn out in the second half.

That said...

GBR.