Texas to be hit hard

It was a difficult thing to get a high profile player out of Texas this year. When a team wins the national championship they pretty much take who they want.

Then you have Tech , A&m, and Baylor to contend with. I agree though Texas is a gold mine of high school football players. Go get um in 2007 coaches.

I have nothing to base this on, but i am getting the feeling Nebraska is going to blow up in the next few years recruiting wise much like USC has. These coaches will learn from their mistakes and run with what has worked. The staff will be in my opinion, much stronger in the upcoming year then it has since BC has been there with the addition of Gilmore last year and Watson this year. I think BC finally has the "guys" he wants going to war with him.

Hitting the three biggest talent bases of Texas, California, and Florida makes a difference. They all play longer seasons than most of the rest of the country and the extra games and reps do make a difference.

While I liked Solich I knew NU was in trouble when it went two years without having a player from the state of Florida on the roster. Then we got Fabian Washington.

It was a difficult thing to get a high profile player out of Texas this year. When a team wins the national championship they pretty much take who they want.

Then you have Tech , A&m, and Baylor to contend with. I agree though Texas is a gold mine of high school football players. Go get um in 2007 coaches.

Don't forget Oklahoma, they almost get as many Texans as Texas does.

I have nothing to base this on, but i am getting the feeling Nebraska is going to blow up in the next few years recruiting wise much like USC has. These coaches will learn from their mistakes and run with what has worked. The staff will be in my opinion, much stronger in the upcoming year then it has since BC has been there with the addition of Gilmore last year and Watson this year. I think BC finally has the "guys" he wants going to war with him.

Good point Fat Tire, there's certainly a good bet.

Texas HS football is ridiculous. they play a longer schedule than college football and the competition is on another level so the whole state just breeds athletes. its good that the coaches hit this hard. the moment we start stealing away all of california's, texas', and florida's premiere athletes you will start to see those coaches sweat a little and then you will watch their programs crumble, much like ours did when frank solich was at the helm.

A little off subject(about 250 miles or so) Oklahomas high school football has been steadily on the rise. After we took Roark and Dillard last season, Stoops closed the boarders and kept Gresham and Mccoy in state. I didn't take Stoops long to figure out that our coaches were after talent ANYWHERE it is.

If you have been following ETR's 2007 recruiting reports, you'll notice that we have offered A LOT of players from Texas very early. But so has Texas A&M and Texas and Alabama and other southern schools. Callahan wasnt bullshitting in the quote.

When you watch film on athletes from Texas it just amazes you how much faster the game is, how much bigger and quicker everyone is.

there is no question that Texas high school football is a tough league....it is a huge sport down here, with college-like recrutiing even at the high school levels..hard to believe, but true....alliances, deals, etc. done to get kids into the school districts where they are wanted to play....it is another level down here for competition!

......so we do need to recruit hard down here, where there is a lot of talent.......

hunter