This comment says it all.....

lo country

The truly sad part is, I don't think our chances of beating Minnesota Saturday are very good. I hope I am dead wrong, but I expect the Huskers to get embarrassed at home, and I give us a 50/50 shot at beating Iowa the week after (and that is being generous). Some may still be in denial, but Nebraska is falling hard and fast. Padding our schedule by beating up the school for the dumb, deaf and blind means little when you can't even handle a one dimensional team like Wisconsin. I shutter to think what Ohio St. would have done to us, it would have been very ugly!!! When your leader honesty says, "I don't know," things are not good.

• Fire 3

Do you want the coaches to just say 'f' the season since they lost to Wisconsin?

Use these last two games to find Armstrong's replacement and get some experience for the lower classmen.

They'll still stick with Armstrong.

The staff clearly believes that Armstrong is a better qb than Fyfe and they're not going to burn Stanton's redshirt this late in the season unless they have to for injury reasons. I'm really down on Armstrong and can't see how he continues to be our qb the next two seasons, but he's most likely starting the rest of the season.

Stanton's redshirt was last season

Do you want the coaches to just say 'f' the season since they lost to Wisconsin?

Use these last two games to find Armstrong's replacement and get some experience for the lower classmen.

They'll still stick with Armstrong.

The staff clearly believes that Armstrong is a better qb than Fyfe and they're not going to burn Stanton's redshirt this late in the season unless they have to for injury reasons. I'm really down on Armstrong and can't see how he continues to be our qb the next two seasons, but he's most likely starting the rest of the season.

Stanton's redshirt was last season

How quickly time flies...

Didn't just lose. Wisconsin completely dominated us. Say we lose by giving up a FG late and the Badgers squeak by. Most of us would be unhappy, but at least we played a hard-fought game and had a chance.

But, no. This is a team we should be able to compete with, and we looked like a JV squad. Seriously, we were making junior high mistakes against a team we are supposedly competitive with. Wisconsin runs an offense about as simple as they come, and we absolutely couldn't begin to stop it. We are forever in the record books now, as the team that GAVE UP THE MOST RUSHING YARDS to one guy.

That's a program killer, right on par with the curse of Black Friday.

• Fire 3

Weren't we predicted to finish somewhere around fourth or fifth in the B1G this year preseason by most national pundits? If memory serves me correctly, they had Ohio State; Michigan State; Wisconsin; and some had Iowa ahead of us. It appears this is exactly where we'll finish. There is still a lot to play for. When was the last time we had the opportunity to finish the season with only two losses this late in the season?

If you honestly think the Huskers had a chance to win the BIG and make the playoffs you are crazy

I don't believe I said that, but thanks for telling me what you would say if I would have said that.

....easier to say that now I suppose.

Yep, predictions can be pretty solid when made after the fact. For example, I think Nebraska wins it all in 1995.

Pretty easy to assume you were thinking that since you have said the season is f'ed....

The Huskers won it all in 95??? Wow!

Weren't we predicted to finish somewhere around fourth or fifth in the B1G this year preseason by most national pundits? If memory serves me correctly, they had Ohio State; Michigan State; Wisconsin; and some had Iowa ahead of us. It appears this is exactly where we'll finish. There is still a lot to play for. When was the last time we had the opportunity to finish the season with only two losses this late in the season?

Last season

• Fire 3

Yes, but this has less to do with how good everyone else was expected to be and more to do with how little regard they have for our program. Wasn't Vegas tabbing us at 7-5? Also, the season ain't over yet. If there's a coach who can start 8-1 only to finish 8-5, it's Pelini.

We had 2 losses at the same point in the season in 2010, 2011 and 2012

NU should never be picked to finish 4th in the conference. That is an indication of the need for a coaching change.

• Fire 3

When we were in the Big 8, I would agree we should never be picked to finish fourth. However, we're in a conference with nearly twice that many teams. There were several years in the Big 8 where we were predicted to finish second. It's not a lot different now in a conference twice the size to be predicted to finish fourth. OU will more than likely finish fourth in a conference with four fewer schools.

• Fire 1

We had 2 losses at the same point in the season in 2010, 2011 and 2012

NU should never be picked to finish 4th in the conference. That is an indication of the need for a coaching change.

I can't believe so many people have accepted Nebraska being a mediocre team in a mediocre conference. It doesn't have to be this way, folks!