How Wisconsin did what it did to us.....

Broken link, see if this one works: http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/11/18/7236543/melvin-gordon-ncaa-record-wisconsin-nebraska-game-2014

Good breakdown of the scheme. TE dominating our DE certainly hurts, too.

Given that straightforward game plan, it's interesting that Nebraska's defenders failed to make decisive fills. They were either confused by the variety of schemes and blocking patterns Wisconsin brought or unwilling to grapple with the Badgers in a 20-degree game.

Broken link, see if this one works: http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/11/18/7236543/melvin-gordon-ncaa-record-wisconsin-nebraska-game-2014

Good breakdown of the scheme. TE dominating our DE certainly hurts, too.

Given that straightforward game plan, it's interesting that Nebraska's defenders failed to make decisive fills. They were either confused by the variety of schemes and blocking patterns Wisconsin brought or unwilling to grapple with the Badgers in a 20-degree game.

See my thought when we were shoulder tackling was "ah it's too cold...my poor hands"

What Bucky was doing against the D wasn't too difficult to stop.

Bring one more safety down in the box. Don't play Collins outside of the 3 technique.

When they stopped the run, they stopped it cold. But as soon as Bo started worrying about the pass against a team with little to no passing threat (sounds familiar), then it was Gordon, all day.

And - played two highs ALL. GAME. LONG.

And most importantly, how do you disrupt angles and timing on these things?

PENETRATION

Jesus. At what point can we for the love of god cut our future NFL DT's loose. At least a play here and there. We've seen what Collins can do when he's givin the green light. His hand technique is so good, and he's so quick, it woulda raised havoc.

But a lot of it was just a pure lack of fight. Lack of tenacity. Lack of desire. At some point in time you gotta come ready for a street fight. you gotta get off blocks. Play to win. it was just embarrassing in so many facets of football.

It is tough to fight when your coach tells you to stand at the line and contain gaps. I hate the passive, pretty princess defense.

An our NFL first round DE got owned.

If you break down film from the rest of our games, you will notice he gets owned more often than not when the other team is running the ball. For some reason, he always breaks inside. Unless things have changed that much since I played, it's the DE's sole responsibility to not let anything get outside pushing everything inside. I would hope he isn't coached to do this, but I have no way of knowing.

• Fire 1

But a lot of it was just a pure lack of fight. Lack of tenacity. Lack of desire. At some point in time you gotta come ready for a street fight. you gotta get off blocks. Play to win. it was just embarrassing in so many facets of football.

It is tough to fight when your coach tells you to stand at the line and contain gaps. I hate the passive, pretty princess defense.

This. They are doing what they are taught. I think that leads to frustration and a feeling of "we are doomed". When Wisky started running, there was NO WAY that guys on D didn't see or know what was happening. They also probably knew how to stop it and were bewildered when the proper shifts never came. This frustration then leads to "freelancing" in an attempt to try and stop the carnage. The "system" wasn't working so why not try something else......

• Fire 1