DE Xavier Kelly [Clemson - Signed LOI]

Said he and his dad sat down last night and did some research on schools and came up with a top 8. Didn't sound like mom was even part of it.

He's just now doing his research? Didn't do any while he was visiting 20 schools the past two months? Maybe he has a dad like in Friday Night Lights...

Said he and his dad sat down last night and did some research on schools and came up with a top 8. Didn't sound like mom was even part of it.

Momma like Riley, but she wasn't part of the decision process. Any chance we get back into it after momma gets a say? I mean, doesn't recruiting come down to pleasing momma 90% of the time?

Momma like Riley, but she wasn't part of the decision process. Any chance we get back into it after momma gets a say? I mean, doesn't recruiting come down to pleasing momma 90% of the time?

It's frustrating that when we finally have momma on our side.....she obviously doesn't matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Visiting Georgia this weekend (second time this summer) and will OV there this fall.

Apparently he played his freshman year of HS in Georgia as well.

That actually makes sense in his interest, and dad's, in playing in the southeast. Though I think that isn't all but its understandable. The silver lining is that he's the exception and not the norm for heartland kids.