WTH is wrong with you people?????

What is wrong with you people????
I am new to this board but am a life long Husker fan.
Really? Fire a coach who has won 9 games EVERY YEAR???
Here is some comments from people smarter than me and really smarter than the people who want him fired!
I will post the links below!

"Lots of coaches led teams to embarrassing losses from 2009-2013, but for a coach to be fired for winning more than 7 games takes more than just losing...it takes some kind of major malfeasance. Coaches who win 8 or more games leave to retire, take AD jobs, or to take better jobs. They don't get fired though."
"Since the beginning of the 2009 season only one coach has been fired after winning 9 or more games. Bobby Petrino of Arkansas won 11 in 2012. 2 coaches have been fired after winning 8 games. One was Dave Wannstedt in 2010 at Pitt. The other was Joe Paterno in 2011."
"Nebraska is not an elite program. It cannot simply evict the occupant of the head coach's office and expect a flood of applications from the best coaches in the game to start filling Shawn Eichorst's mailbox. Does anyone remember the Charlie Foxtrot that was Nebraska's coaching search the last time we fired a 9-win coach?
Nick Saban does.
"They have great tradition," LSU coach Nick Saban said. "It's unusual to get rid of a coach who goes 9-3. Maybe some people are skeptical of the standards."
Firing Frank Solich was a strategic blunder of the highest order, and Nebraska is still dealing with the consequences. Googling "Nebraska fires Solich" reveals hundreds of news articles that all seem to lead off with Solich's 9-3 record. It was an action that shocked the sports world. It's probably not out of bounds to say that it was a defining moment in Husker history along side Osborne going for 2 and Tommie Frazier's "The Run". Firing another 9- or 10-win coach will ensure that no coach who isn't starving to death would even consider coming to Lincoln.
There are many changes that need to happen in the Nebraska football program. And I'm far from confident that Coach Pelini knows what they are or has the guts to make them. But they are his to make. Unless Bo leaves Lincoln of his own accord, he is going to be the head coach next year.
So how about we stop wasting oxygen talking about firing him?"
"The Nebraska fans who want Pelini fired for on-field performance are living in the ’90s. Winning takes time, patience, more than six years. Osborne didn’t win an outright conference championship until his ninth season. He shared a conference title in his third season – but so did Pelini. In 2010, Nebraska finished the season tied for the Big 12’s best record, a feat that would have earned a league title in pre-conference championship game days.
Osborne inherited a team that had won back-to-back national championships a year before his tenure started, and he didn’t coach a national title contender until 1982, his 10th season."

So you whiners need to stop dreaming of the 1990s. They are gone and might never come back. But 9-3 program every year is nothing to be embarrassed about.

Who the hell wants to come to Nebraska when we whine about 9-3? I assume if Nebraska went 7-5 there would be riots in Lincoln.

We run a pretty clean program. We have a good school. The players seem to like him.
Want to be like Michigan State? They freaking went 6-6 in 2012! Fire the coach? NOPE! Hell, in 2007-2009 they went 7-6, 9-3, 6-6! Fire the coach? NOPE!
Read the same numbers for Michigan or Wisconsin for the last 7 years. Get back to me.
I really have trouble believing this place is so full of whiners.
Get back to reality.
Bye!
  • Fire 1

Here is some comments from people smarter than me and really smarter than the people who want him fired!
"Lots of coaches led teams to embarrassing losses from 2009-2013, but for a coach to be fired for winning more than 7 games takes more than just losing...it takes some kind of major malfeasance. Coaches who win 8 or more games leave to retire, take AD jobs, or to take better jobs. They don't get fired though."
"Since the beginning of the 2009 season only one coach has been fired after winning 9 or more games. Bobby Petrino of Arkansas won 11 in 2012. 2 coaches have been fired after winning 8 games. One was Dave Wannstedt in 2010 at Pitt. The other was Joe Paterno in 2011."
"Nebraska is not an elite program. It cannot simply evict the occupant of the head coach's office and expect a flood of applications from the best coaches in the game to start filling Shawn Eichorst's mailbox. Does anyone remember the Charlie Foxtrot that was Nebraska's coaching search the last time we fired a 9-win coach?
Nick Saban does.
"They have great tradition," LSU coach Nick Saban said. "It's unusual to get rid of a coach who goes 9-3. Maybe some people are skeptical of the standards."
Firing Frank Solich was a strategic blunder of the highest order, and Nebraska is still dealing with the consequences. Googling "Nebraska fires Solich" reveals hundreds of news articles that all seem to lead off with Solich's 9-3 record. It was an action that shocked the sports world. It's probably not out of bounds to say that it was a defining moment in Husker history along side Osborne going for 2 and Tommie Frazier's "The Run". Firing another 9- or 10-win coach will ensure that no coach who isn't starving to death would even consider coming to Lincoln.
There are many changes that need to happen in the Nebraska football program. And I'm far from confident that Coach Pelini knows what they are or has the guts to make them. But they are his to make. Unless Bo leaves Lincoln of his own accord, he is going to be the head coach next year.
"The Nebraska fans who want Pelini fired for on-field performance are living in the ’90s. Winning takes time, patience, more than six years. Osborne didn’t win an outright conference championship until his ninth season. He shared a conference title in his third season – but so did Pelini. In 2010, Nebraska finished the season tied for the Big 12’s best record, a feat that would have earned a league title in pre-conference championship game days.
Osborne inherited a team that had won back-to-back national championships a year before his tenure started, and he didn’t coach a national title contender until 1982, his 10th season."

So you whiners need to stop dreaming of the 1990s. They are gone and might never come back. But 9-3 program every year is nothing to be embarrassed about.

Who the hell wants to come to Nebraska when we whine about 9-3? I assume if Nebraska went 7-5 there would be riots in Lincoln.

We run a pretty clean program. We have a good school. The players seem to like him.
Want to be like Michigan State? They freaking went 6-6 in 2012! Fire the coach? NOPE! Hell, in 2007-2009 they went 7-6, 9-3, 6-6! Fire the coach? NOPE!
Read the same numbers for Michigan or Wisconsin for the last 7 years. Get back to me.
Get back to reality.
Bye!

What did Michigan State do last year that Nebraska didn't?

You are accepting of mediocrity and most here are no longer. It really is that simple. Our national brand is tarnished, our name is irrelevant, and most people think our coach is a complete dick. Every embarrassing loss makes it that much harder for us to return to any sort of prominence.

• Fire 1

Nick Saban does.

Get back to reality.

Bye!

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/sports/tegler-pelini-s-record-stands-out-among-coaches-despite-fans/article_9fea7a20-5d75-11e3-9072-0019bb30f31a.html

http://www.cornnation.com/2014/11/18/7237381/slow-your-roll-with-the-fire-pelini-talk

zKeoBYA.png

• Fire 1

Nice way to come in trolling.

One article is almost a year old.

The other article is an op-ed piece with this quote:

HuskerNation needs to take a deep breath and try see the big picture here. Your Nebraska Cornhuskers are 8-2 with 2 regular season games left. A decent, but far from great, Minnesota team is coming to Lincoln next Saturday and then it's a road trip to Iowa City to face a bad Iowa team. It's possible, no, likely that Nebraska will finish the regular season at 10-2.

No coach will be fired after a 10-2 record. And no coach should be. The very idea is ludicrous.

Still don't agree. But I don't have to worry about that, and neither do you. Cause he's not gonna win 10 games....he's struggling to win nine.

Its not the 9 wins that people hate its how and who Bo Pelini loses to. How do you retard Bo whores not understand this yet. Big f'ing deal that Oregon and Alabama are the only other 9 win teams 7 years in a row no one is confusing the sh#t show that Bo is ring leader of to those programs. It the blow out loses that people hate