*** The Official Husker Football Coach Wish List ***

Another interesting option would be Cam Cameron, he is currently the OC/QB coach at LSU. Has a ton of NFL experience, great QB coach and runs the style that I think we need. He might be my top choice at this point.

That's an interesting candidate, Dorn.

Although I will say that LSU's QB development worries me a bit. They typically have an athlete running around playing QB with a cannon but very little in the way of touch or accuracy running around back there. Very similar to TA, actually. They are however a power running team, and with Cameron you'd know that getting bizarre or bipolar in our use of the running game wouldn't be a problem.

We'll have to see how this shakes out though. Most think we're going with an offensive coach anyway so we'd probably implement his system.

But what if we don't fire Bo? Well, apparently the players just haven't been listening during practice. (sarcasm) Because week after week we hear that "our guys didn't execute today." So I propose to get a couple of coordinators who will put the fear of God into our players:

HC: Bo Pelini

DC: Will Muschamp

OC: Mark Mangino

I think this staff would whip our guys into shape. lulz :lol:

1. Tressel

2. McElwain

3. Mullen

4. Hudspeth

5. Frost

I'm really into the HC: Tressel OC: Frost DC: Muschamp idea though.

Same here. What a combination that would be, and what a message that would send to recruits and the rest of FBS. It would put the rest of the country on notice that Nebraska is not playing around any more and will stop at nothing to regain its status.

Another interesting option would be Cam Cameron, he is currently the OC/QB coach at LSU. Has a ton of NFL experience, great QB coach and runs the style that I think we need. He might be my top choice at this point.

That's an interesting candidate, Dorn.

Although I will say that LSU's QB development worries me a bit. They typically have an athlete running around playing QB with a cannon but very little in the way of touch or accuracy running around back there. Very similar to TA, actually. They are however a power running team, and with Cameron you'd know that getting bizarre or bipolar in our use of the running game wouldn't be a problem.

We'll have to see how this shakes out though. Most think we're going with an offensive coach anyway so we'd probably implement his system.

Yeah I liked what he was able to do with Mettenberger last year. That kind of pro style offense with power running would be ideal.

Tressel could be an interesting choice, as long as the issues he had at Ohio State are behind him. Mora is very good too. I watched them against the Huskers out here at the Rose Bowl against us two years ago. They went from getting wiped out 50-0 against SC to becoming faster, stronger, edgier, and after last night truly own L.A. football. However, the culture at UCLA has changed and they aint letting Mora go anywhere...

A lot of names on here I could live with. We know Bo isnt going to hire big name coordinators. I think Muschamp would be a good fit (not saying hes my top choice, but I realistically think we could get him). He can put a great D out there, and I'd hope that at some point he could hire a legit O coordinator that can coach a QB and stick with whats working.

I don't really have a specific coach wish list but I do have a wish list for what a potential coach will bring to Nebraska football.

1. A return to the power running game (preferably with a good dose of option and play action passing).
  2. A grind the clock mentality instead of score fast and often one (probably not to popular with the younger generations).
  3. A big, powerful offensive line to go with the running game.
  4. A return to that physical Nebraska that teams dreaded playing on Saturday's.

Is that too much to ask for this Christmas?