Coaching Prospects Poll

New Head Coach  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How about we create a super staff with all of them. Kidding, but I think any of those coaches would be good hires. If I had a choice it would be Tressel. He has proven success with a high level program. He is also a big name and would create quite the recruiting buzz.

But having the kind of negative baggage he is carrying woul Nebraska hire him? McElwain is my choice. He is doing amazing things at CO State. I think he would fit in well here.

Scott would be my pick. Would probably be here for ever, if he did well.

Tressel is probably the smartest pick. He knows how to win and recruit in the B1G, and wouldn't have to worry about OSU stealing him away, if he did well. Lot of us worried Bo would leave for OSU, if they came a callin, if he did well enough here. No worries now, lol

GBR!!!

Dan Mullen's got to be on this list.

Tressel & Frost would be other choices. Not familiar with some of the others. I don't see the Moglia thing happening as long as Bo can win 9 games, that's some kind of gamble. Also don't really think Bielema is going to come back to the B1G.

Dan Mullen has been added zoogies.

I voted Mullen, but in all reality, he's got it going on already...in the SEC. Can't see him leaving. But it is a "what if" type of poll, so he go my vote.

Scott would be my pick. Would probably be here for ever, if he did well.

Tressel is probably the smartest pick. He knows how to win and recruit in the B1G, and wouldn't have to worry about OSU stealing him away, if he did well. Lot of us worried Bo would leave for OSU, if they came a callin, if he did well enough here. No worries now, lol

GBR!!!

I don't have the same worries a lot of folks do about Scott Frost being HC, but I do have concerns he doesn't have the contacts and history in the coaching ranks to pull big time coordinators.

Tressel is the name that jumps off the list for me for pretty obvious reasons. Track record. Knows the conference. Recruiting potential. Maximizing resources. I'd be the last person to feel qualified enough to make the hire, but the scandal business as I've heard it explained does not register for me as a real problem––small potatoes in the scheme of things.

I also have no idea if he's a realistic possibility.

Edit: I guess the most important part of this for me is not so much who the person is. It's that the process is respected. If we're prepared to spend the kind of dough we're contemplating spending . . . be choosy about it.

The NCAA hit him with a 5 year "Show Cause" penalty. Basicly, any university that hires him has to show cause as to why they shouldn't be sanctioned for hiring him, it goes until December 2016.

Other then that, would be a good hire.

Tressel is the name that jumps off the list for me for pretty obvious reasons. Track record. Knows the conference. Recruiting potential. Maximizing resources. I'd be the last person to feel qualified enough to make the hire, but the scandal business as I've heard it explained does not register for me as a real problemsmall potatoes in the scheme of things.

I also have no idea if he's a realistic possibility.

Edit: I guess the most important part of this for me is not so much who the person is. It's that the process is respected. If we're prepared to spend the kind of dough we're contemplating spending . . . be choosy about it.

The NCAA hit him with a 5 year "Show Cause" penalty. Basicly, any university that hires him has to show cause as to why they shouldn't be sanctioned for hiring him, it goes until December 2016.

Other then that, would be a good hire.

We won't win a title next year with this staff anyways