Coaching Prospects Poll

New Head Coach  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not that my opinion matters much in the grand scheme of things, but I am definitely in the Jim Tressel camp. In hindsight, what happened at Ohio St. was miniscule compared to violations that have taken place at other schools. Count me out as wanting most of the successful coaches from the SEC, that whole conference is one former discruntled player away from have to forteit the entire last 14 years of success en masse!!! Tressel brings many positives and very few negatives; honestly I can't think of any. Granted, there is the "show cause" portion of his sanctions, but with what happened at Penn St. I find it hard to believe that that can't be worked out. Even if Tressel can't coach for several games his first year, I have no doubt he will be able to surround himself with good corrdinators and will have them and the team well prepared for the games he is absent. The long term prospects far outway him having to sit out some games his first year as coach, especially if they hire a coach-in-waiting (Scott Frost) for him to mentor.

The situation at ohio state wasn't just tattoo gate. It went on for awhile and there were rumblings of violations at Youngstown state too. Tressel would be under the microscope. And if we landed big time recruits people would talk and others would sniff around. I think it's left than 10% we are looking at him. And less than that of us landing him

I dunno. Rigging awards at football camp to ensure prized recruits win kinda stinks to me. How would you feel if you were one of those kids who worked your tail off at camp and had no chance of winning? That being said a cynical side of me wonders if anyone is clean anymore or if its possible for a place like NE to get the best guys without cheating. The NCAA seems to roll over in the face of litigation and money talks.