The Sock Puppet Rides!

So how does anyone know what the outcome will be before he is even introduced? What was the reaction to Gary Anderson at Wisky?? Seems to have turned out well for them. Also, who says he's not bringing in Scott as OC and Assoc HC?? Just chill people and be fans of Nebraska. I have to admit, I didn't know what to think when Tim Miles was hired, but now that guy would be up for Blue Blood CBB jobs if they come open. RELAX!

Well, I'm not too sure how successful this guy is going to be at nebraska. I would say we have better talent and history than Oregon State, and probably better facilities, so recruiting is easier here. Also, consider that Oregon State hadn't had a .500 or greater season in the 15 years before Mike Riley took over the program. That's like taking over Purdue and going 8-4 in year one.

Riley is, apparently, one of the most well respected coaches in college football today. So there is that. Won't have any sideline rage attacks and probably few meltdowns.

However, he hasn't had a winning record almost anywhere he's coached, so I'm not 100% sure he's going to take us all the way... but I will give him a chance. I think 3 years should do...

So let's do 97r best to support this guy until it's clear he's running us into the ground!!!

So how does anyone know what the outcome will be before he is even introduced? What was the reaction to Gary Anderson at Wisky?? Seems to have turned out well for them. Also, who says he's not bringing in Scott as OC and Assoc HC?? Just chill people and be fans of Nebraska. I have to admit, I didn't know what to think when Tim Miles was hired, but now that guy would be up for Blue Blood CBB jobs if they come open. RELAX!

Anderson & Miles both had a history of winning at a "lower level", turned programs around, and were viewed as coaches on the rise. Riley, while respected, does not fit any of these categories. Bad hire given the need for an "upgrade"...

The Sock is shocked.

The Source is shocked.

Husker Brothers n' Sisters is shocked.

The Ginger Assassin done put a bunch a weight on his shoulders with hirin' Coach Riley.

They gonna' be lots of wailin' an cryin' cause we didn't get what we want, but maybe, just maybe we got what we need.

The Sock is sad to see folks quittin' already on our new coach. We better than that. Coach Riley gonna need our support but most of all the Husker boys gonna' need our support as they get used to new ways and new folks leadin' them in The Quest.

Give folks a chance to become great is what The Sock thinks.

Go Big Red!

• Fire 6