The Sock Puppet Rides!

You all will be checking the recruiting sites all winter long. You all will be on the edge of your seats come spring game time and the anticipation level next August will be be the same if not higher. It's just the way it is. That's why we're fans.

If not, well ... adios.

You all will be checking the recruiting sites all winter long. You all will be on the edge of your seats come spring game time and the anticipation level next August will be be the same if not higher. It's just the way it is. That's why we're fans.

If not, well ... adios.

um, no , no and no.

See ya, dont let to door hit ya on the way out.

If not, well ... adios.

Nah. Still a fan yes, but Bo's blowouts had begun to sap my passion already and then to have such high hopes set on fire its going to be easy to be a more casual fan at this point. Sure Ill check on things occasionally when I have time, but hope and passion are at an all time low for me

• Fire 2

If not, well ... adios.

I don't have to do anything of that to prove I'm a fan...hell I spent high school in kansas being the only husker fan in a school full of kstate a-holes. If the new coach doesn't leave me feeling confident about next season...why would I waste my time investing myself into all that? Worst thing that happens to me is it turns me from die hard to casual fan. But stop with the "fan rulebook" already. Underwhelming hire...

• Fire 1

Someone please convince me why this isn't a bad hire.

Edit: RIP my inbox. I feel a little better about it now.

[–]UCLA Bruinssideoutpar 319 points

2 hours ago

I'll try. Riley has done yeoman's work in bringing any talent to Corvallis, so he knows how to recruit despite geographic disadvantages. He gets good results despite a talent and resource disadvantage (albeit with a drop-off over the past couple of years). He's widely known to be one of the nicest, most genuine guys in all of college football, which would definitely be a atmosphere change after Bo.

From Reddit. UCLA Fan saying this. I found this very encouraging

The Sock don't mind takin' the heat. When The Source runs dry, The Sock don't lie!

The Source, all of em', is good folks who thought they was helpin' is what The Sock believes. Unfortunately, it turned out different from what we was wantin' and expectin'. The Sock is workin' hard not to be disappointed too.

The Sock was transparent from the very first about not knowin' nuthin' hisself. The Sock didn't do nuthin' to mislead folks, just sayin' what he was told by folks who was tryin' they best.

If folks want to attack The Sock, go ahead, but weren't nuthin' done on purpose to hurt or mislead Husker Brothers n' Sisters. Feel free to quit readin' The Sock or even block The Sock. It don't matter none to The Sock. The Sock can sleep just fine knowin' he had good intentions all along.

The Sock tryin' to learn more about Coach Riley and bein' hopeful for the future of the Huskers. That's all The Sock can do now just like Husker Brothers n' Sisters and I hope folks will join me in doin' just that.

GO BIG RED!

• Fire 2

2 hours ago

I'll try. Riley has done yeoman's work in bringing any talent to Corvallis, so he knows how to recruit despite geographic disadvantages. He gets good results despite a talent and resource disadvantage (albeit with a drop-off over the past couple of years). He's widely known to be one of the nicest, most genuine guys in all of college football, which would definitely be a atmosphere change after Bo.

I posted this earlier. Unfortunately, no one wants to give Coach Riley enough of a chance to read why he could be big here.

2 hours ago

I posted this earlier. Unfortunately, no one wants to give Coach Riley enough of a chance to read why he could be big here.

Admittedly, I was pretty upset about the hiring at first. After reading more about him, I think we hit a home run with this. Also reported Riley is bringing his DC and not his OC...possibly leaving room for Frost?

Here is what I have figured out.

Mike Reilly was probably going into his last season at OSU, then fired.

Mike Reilly isn't known as a good recruiter, doesn't like to get out there.

Mike Reilly is 61 years old, so not really a young whipper-snapper.

Mike Reilly is a QB guru?

Mike Reilly is well regarded as a coach and is "nice."

WHAT HAPPENED?

Give me a couple days, but as of right now I'm pissed.

Definitely not happy about the hire, but I can tell you this is false.

Here is what I have figured out.

Mike Reilly was probably going into his last season at OSU, then fired.

Mike Reilly isn't known as a good recruiter, doesn't like to get out there.

Mike Reilly is 61 years old, so not really a young whipper-snapper.

Mike Reilly is a QB guru?

Mike Reilly is well regarded as a coach and is "nice."

WHAT HAPPENED?

Give me a couple days, but as of right now I'm pissed.

Definitely not happy about the hire, but I can tell you this is false.

Besides, it's WIDELY reported that Riley is an excellent recruiter.