The Sock Puppet Rides!

If we spent $12 million to clean house, and don't go for a splash, there should be riots.

Why? Just get the right guy. Forget the initial splash. How many splash hires were flops?

And how many weren't flops? If OSU can get Urban Meyer, Alabama can get Saban, and Auburn could get Malzahn, surely we can get someone that moves the needle nationally. That will help immensely with recruiting and national perception.

• Fire 1

You can add another Jim Tressel sighting. A good friend texted me about an hour ago and said that JT and Harvey Pearlman were then sitting down together at a discreet location downtown and chatting.

I just don't get it. If JT is in fact being hired, why would they not go out of their way to make sure they meet somewhere in which he cannot be seen. And if he is just consulting why not come out and publicly acknowledge that JT is indeed in town but only here in a advisory fashion.

You can add another Jim Tressel sighting. A good friend texted me about an hour ago and said that JT and Harvey Pearlman were then sitting down together at a discreet location downtown and chatting.

I just don't get it. If JT is in fact being hired, why would they not go out of their way to make sure they meet somewhere in which he cannot be seen. And if he is just consulting why not come out and publicly acknowledge that JT is indeed in town but only here in a advisory fashion.

Discreet eh?

I don't remember the Monday specials at Barrymores being all that great.

That's something I would definitely have fun doing just to screw with people.

Wearing vests?

Wearing vests?

Gross.

If they are hiring him, why would they care about him being seen? If they aren't hiring him why would they care? I'm not saying this to be a smart a$$, I really don't know if it would help anyway. With flight tracking and instant social media, its not like anything is going to be secret for more than a few seconds anyway. As soon as anyone sees them together it will be posted here or on twitter, regardless of where they go. I guess they could go to a shady pay by the hour motel on the wrong side of the tracks that the front desk clerk is so methed out of his mind he wont know who they are anyway.

Chalk up another Jim Tressel sighting, and now I understand why he isn't being named yet: he's sick.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Jim pass out at 31 Flavors last night.

I guess it's pretty serious.

How did this friend get into this discreet location?