the.sock.puppet

The Sock Puppet Rides!

Are you always in a pissy mood?

Good question. I guess i am kindof a d!ck, i sometimes wonder how I've got as many good friends as i do. I know I'm more fun when I'm drinking and partying, so there is that.

Actually, the last couple of weeks have sucked. A couple of close family members have been dealing with serious health issues, thanksgiving turned into sh!t show, work has been a cluster, and now this.

Uggg.

But thanks for asking.

I often come off as a jerk on these threads. It's just my delivery a lot of times but in reality I'm pretty upbeat and easy going. I think I'm just too passionate about my Husker football. So I understand where you're coming from. I've been trying to watch how I respond to posts on here because it usually comes off much worse than I intend.

Good question. I guess i am kindof a d!ck, i sometimes wonder how I've got as many good friends as i do. I know I'm more fun when I'm drinking and partying, so there is that.

Actually, the last couple of weeks have sucked. A couple of close family members have been dealing with serious health issues, thanksgiving turned into sh!t show, work has been a cluster, and now this.

Uggg.

But thanks for asking.

I often come off as a jerk on these threads. It's just my delivery a lot of times but in reality I'm pretty upbeat and easy going. I think I'm just too passionate about my Husker football. So I understand where you're coming from. I've been trying to watch how I respond to posts on here because it usually comes off much worse than I intend.

Yeah, I'm able to pull off the dickishness better in person, with a smile on my face.

I think the whole message board anonymity plays a factor, too.

Okie: thanks for the kind words.

• Upvote 1

The Sock was whooped by The Ginger Assassin is what The Sock thinks. We did have some fun though. Not sure if The Sock is more surprised by the coaching choice or the craziness of this thread.

Put us through a hell of a ride, I think everybody was shocked by the Riley hire. You're alright in my book. Need to give him time though, he's a better coach than his record indicates.

Uggg.

But thanks for asking.

Uggg.

But thanks for asking.

Yeah, I'm able to pull off the dickishness better in person, with a smile on my face.

I think the whole message board anonymity plays a factor, too.

Okie: thanks for the kind words.

Better in person my ass. You clearly get off on message board needling and never leave your mom's basement. Probably got beat up a lot in high school for being a little pansy and can't make friends now. I feel quite sorry for you.

Lol! Cheers brah!

The Sock was whooped by The Ginger Assassin is what The Sock thinks. We did have some fun though. Not sure if The Sock is more surprised by the coaching choice or the craziness of this thread.

The Sock, I'm glad that you picked out that picture for your avatar because I was going to have to dig through this thread and change it for you.

The Sock's alright in my book.

The Sock, I'm glad that you picked out that picture for your avatar because I was going to have to dig through this thread and change it for you.

The Sock's alright in my book.

So can we ban his main account, and keep his sock account?

Regarding this thread, and TSP: Let's remember that this thread was originally in Rumorville, and we (the Mods) moved it here for entertainment purposes.

TSP has been known to us since the beginning, he's a member not known to cause trouble and he was pretty clearly providing entertainment in this thread. Let's not get the tar & feathers out for the guy.

• Upvote 1

I remain 100% more interested in Mike Riley's first season at Nebraska than Bo Pelini's eighth.

I'm with you Chamberlain. Holy Devaney you guys, let this stuff play out. It's still 20FOURTEEN!! Did you naysayers forgetgetting our asses handed to usby wisky this year??? Gordon put an NCAA record on us in THREE quarters! I'm sure Coach Riles will be great and from I saw on the news tonight, the players instantly dell in love with the guy. I'm looking forward to team chemistry I'm 2015. Bo was poison

Regarding this thread, and TSP: Let's remember that this thread was originally in Rumorville, and we (the Mods) moved it here for entertainment purposes.

TSP has been known to us since the beginning, he's a member not known to cause trouble and he was pretty clearly providing entertainment in this thread. Let's not get the tar & feathers out for the guy.

The sock = da skers! It all makes sense now!!!! Muhahaha

My master plan, which I came up with about an hour ago, was to show the following which I posted a couple months ago.

I think the key to having a troll account is giving the mods a heads up so they can feel like they're a part of the fun. I'm gonna work on this. It's probably harder than it looks. You have to be semi-believable.

I think the first thing I'd need to do is pretend I have some kind of "in" with team, or I know someone who does, but then refuse to reveal my source.

Gonna stop revealing the rest of the plan now or you'll all recognize me right away.

But then knapp had to post this:

and ruin everything. Thanks a lot.

Not only that but he nailed the firing, timing and all. I've been here since the beginning. It's over now. The Sock is dead, long live the Sock.

Edit: meant to be included with the previous quote. Dumb phone.

My master plan, which I came up with about an hour ago, was to show the following which I posted a couple months ago.

I think the key to having a troll account is giving the mods a heads up so they can feel like they're a part of the fun. I'm gonna work on this. It's probably harder than it looks. You have to be semi-believable.

I think the first thing I'd need to do is pretend I have some kind of "in" with team, or I know someone who does, but then refuse to reveal my source.

Gonna stop revealing the rest of the plan now or you'll all recognize me right away.

Is this reverse psychology since everyone here knows you're a "she"? It can't be Moiraine since knapp leaked the (male) gender. Buuuutttt, what if knapp said TSP was male to throw us off the trail... This is worse than Beck's logic on play calling (I know that you know that I know that you know that I know...) I give up...

• Upvote 2

Is this reverse psychology since everyone here knows you're a "she"? It can't be Moiraine since knapp leaked the (male) gender. Buuuutttt, what if knapp said TSP was male to throw us off the trail... This is worse than Beck's logic on play calling (I know that you know that I know that you know that I know...) I give up...

It's not me. heh

It's not me. heh

Is that a sock inside the number 4 on your avi pic or what is that?

It's not me. heh

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100118060222/wot/images/4/47/Finn-icon.svg

I can't, and won't let this thread go

I feel the same way but unfortunately this thread is dead.

I've went through the 5 stages of grief after hearing the news.

1. Denial 2. Anger 3. Bargaining 4. Depression 5. Acceptance

Now it's time to put on our big boy pants and get behind our new head coach.

It was fun wishing in one hand and sh*t'n in the other while it lasted.

mr. Sock you tried to do the right thing but got duped!

If anything I think HB members should be pissed at the so called "insiders" feeding you the garbage.

To the rest of you on this thread good luck, goodnight & good bye.

It's not me. heh

A Wheel of Time... Very nice :)

Now I'm intrigued as to whom the sock puppet might be. I remember there being another user a couple months ago that was quite entertaining and usually spoke in broken english or 3rd person. My money is on that guy, however I can't seem to remember his username.

It's not me. heh

You're my favorite.

It's not me. heh

You're my favorite.

I shoulda known from your username but better late than never ;)

Mr. Sock,

We're good. I might even ask for some socks come Christmas in your honor. Heck, you might even know a couple of them. I can't believe you didn't know it was going to be Riley. Most of us knew about a month ago and we probably should have let you in on the deal. We're glad we could have fun with you. GO BIG RED!

#13 – Multiple Memberships not Allowed
Only one account is allowed. Creating multiple accounts is not permissible and will result in the closing of all accounts.

Sorry, but I want to know who this is or we ban both accounts. No circumventing the rules for certain people and not others. I don't care if you let mods know before hand.

• Upvote 2

#13 – Multiple Memberships not Allowed

Only one account is allowed. Creating multiple accounts is not permissible and will result in the closing of all accounts.

Sorry, but I want to know who this is or we ban both accounts. No circumventing the rules for certain people and not others. I don't care if you let mods know before hand.

Breaking my year-ish of silence, this always works for my third graders.

original-257089-1.jpg

• Upvote 1

I remain 100% more interested in Mike Riley's first season at Nebraska than Bo Pelini's eighth.

The most concise and spot-on assessment of our current situation I've read so far.

#13 Multiple Memberships not Allowed

No one cares that you don't care.

But...that's what we do. :)

I don't want to know the sock's identity! It would be like when I was a kid and my sister pestered my mom into admitting that Santa wasn't real. I overheard and cried in the other room. I was only 16...

#13 Multiple Memberships not AllowedOnly one account is allowed. Creating multiple accounts is not permissible and will result in the closing of all accounts.[/size]

Sorry, but I want to know who this is or we ban both accounts. No circumventing the rules for certain people and not others. I don't care if you let mods know before hand.[/size]

Well if he was blackshirt98, he'd be allowed - since that account is currently banned.

Sock, you have time to make this up.

As long as Coach O and Frost make it this way, you're still okay in my book.

If not, you go back into the sock drawer.

I don't want to know the sock's identity! It would be like when I was a kid and my sister pestered my mom into admitting that Santa wasn't real. I overheard and cried in the other room. I was only 16...

thuglife is real

I've enjoyed this thread immensely. It brought laughter on many occasions and I wasted about 6 hours reading and numerous hours of sleep and would do it again. I definately needed to lighten up and the anticipation of who the next man would was heavy at times. Thank you to TSP and all who threw in humor.

#13 Multiple Memberships not AllowedOnly one account is allowed. Creating multiple accounts is not permissible and will result in the closing of all accounts.

No one cares that you don't care.

Let me add this for you, salt sista.

"/s"

The Sock done asked the Mods to be allowed to stay on Huskerboard. The old account will be abandoned. It weren't used often and was completely insignificant even when it was.

Eichorst mentioned in the presser who was aware of the coaching search. They were high level members of the university and board of regents. You never knew anything other than what Eichorst wanted the fan base to know. Not sure if this is means your sources are valid and were part of the ploy; that they're not as connected as they think they are; or that the sock is nonsense and we're all morons with nothing better to do.

The Sock done asked the Mods to be allowed to stay on Huskerboard. The old account will be abandoned. It weren't used often and was completely insignificant even when it was.

And now you know............The Rest of the Story.

Paul Harvey.

Good day.

• Upvote 1

Eichorst mentioned in the presser who was aware of the coaching search. They were high level members of the university and board of regents. You never knew anything other than what Eichorst wanted the fan base to know. Not sure if this is means your sources are valid and were part of the ploy; that they're not as connected as they think they are; or that the sock is nonsense and we're all morons with nothing better to do.

I for one don't feel like a moron for having the time of my life on a message board (okay maybe that's a slight exaggeration but it was fun)...

I for one don't feel like a moron for having the time of my life on a message board (okay maybe that's a slight exaggeration but it was fun)...

Ya lets do it again next year!

Assuming this was all real (and I think it was), t.s.p. Held up his/her end of the bargain by not revealing the source.

Maybe there will be other insiders that will utilize his/her services in the future?

... Like someone who has a clue on the assistant hires for example...

You know I think we've been going about this all wrong. The sock puppet isn't really a sock puppet. It's just a code name like deepthroat was for Watergate...

The Source speaks and The Sock delivers!

The Source done sayin' Memorial Stadium was a quiet place till the Bo-crap hit the fan. The Source say he weren't surprised as that was the Bo he knew. The Source say Coach Riley is 1000% genuine fella' and that he gets the whole hearted support from all the worker bees in Husker football. They'd breathin' easier now that The Problem is gone.

Ain't heard nuthin' bout more new coaches.

If The Sock hears sumthin', Husker Brothers & Sisters will hear it too.

• Upvote 2