Iowa game, keys to victory

Their QB is pretty much a statue, he had some decent runs against Wisconsin, but that was a surprise to even Iowa fans. The kids slooooow, but they have a good offensive line, decent defense, but are a very bi-polar team. I've watched a lot of their games this season and if we hit their QB often he'll crumble under the pressure. If they were smart they'd put their back-up in, CJ Bethard, but they won't cause Ferentz is a dumba$$. Bethard is a mobile QB and would run all over us...........

We made it clear last week that it doesnt matter who the qb is. Tall, short, fast, slow, white, black. Our defense is not good. And if you wanna run the ball, well, youre probably gonna be successful, regardless who's toting the rock.

Keys to Victory

1. Hit hard, wrap up & tackle the opposing ball carrier.

2. Repeat until opposing team no longer has possession of the football

3. On offense, figure out what works against their defense

4. Once this is figured out, continue doing it until they prove they can stop it. If this happens, repeat steps 3 & 4

I think this one comes down to three big factors - Tim Beck's play calling, defensive alignment and offensive line play. Tim Beck has to get out of his own way and the line has to be able to block people. AA isn't going to do what he could early in the season without some help because of his injury. Defensively, a lot of our problems seem to be players lining up improperly and being out of position. It's been a big problem for two straight weeks. Iowa is a bit more of a passing team but if they watched film on us the last two weeks, Weisman could easily get 100-150 yards on us.

Run a lot.

2 back sets

Get the ball to the TE behind the LB's to slow them up.

TA won't be able to get a 7 step drop. Not against their DL. Their DT's are solid.

Our OL needs to play lights out.

Roll TA out of the pocket. he won't have one any way.

Hope that Beck has studied ways to get the D out of the box with no threat of a non-passing QB

Blitz. Early and often.

Scrap the 2 gap and let the DL pin their ears and go. Get pressure. Let the LB's flood the other gaps. We can't set the edge anyway so get into their OL quick.

Rotate the DL. A lot

If a DB doesn't set the edge and "picks" his own player pull em out.P

Pressure, pressure, pressure....

Use TA in the running game. More designed runs to keep the D "honest".

Use the PA

TA starts to freak, let him sit a series and calm down. and throw Stanton to the wolves. Fyfe won't surpass TA.......Stanton next year might.....

Have Beck, for once, call a game plan that compliments and supports the D. Long, grinding drives that were out their OL and give our D time to get coached up and rest

Limit TO's and get some. I think the past 2 games we have had 8 TO's.......

Many many things here I would like to see, but have no idea why we would see them now. If we do, I will be asking, "where was that all year?"