****** What Did We Learn - Hawkeye Edition ******

walksalone

I think we learned that Nebraska is still good at beating teams ranked below #30, and for some fans, it still won't matter that we can't win championships as long as Bo can get to 9 wins.

The same people that complain about Bo would have been screaming for Osborne's head in the 80s and early 90s.

Maybe, but do you know what the difference is?

Conference championships

Orange Bowls

National Championship appearances

Finishing the season ranked

Beating top ranked teams

Significantly lower number of national embarrassments

and the most important? Being able to execute the simple basics of football. And not look like a frickin pop warner team for stretches week in week out.

Exactly, anyone who compares Tom and Bo's career's at NU are obviously delusional and are grasping at straws to keep a failed coach here. These are the people that have truly accepted mediocrity. Who in their right mind is happy with 9 meaningless wins where we only beat one team that has more than 6 wins and that is a 7-5 Iowa team?

I think we learned that Nebraska is still good at beating teams ranked below #30, and for some fans, it still won't matter that we can't win championships as long as Bo can get to 9 wins.

The same people that complain about Bo would have been screaming for Osborne's head in the 80s and early 90s. Do we need some changes? Sure. Let's get a new OC (one willing to bench TA). But we don't need a new HC.

That's BS! Pelini has a huge image problem. What coordinator in their right mind wants to come work for that asshat? Second, what kid that is being recruited by Pelini and other wants to play for a guy that acts like he does? Yes, we need a new OC. We also need to quit giving up 50+ in big games. This isn't a small sample of work we can look at. We have 7 years of winning games we should and losing virtually all the games that are close or we are underdog. Keep Pelini and accept 9-4 with a long-term spiral downward.

SUPERBUNNY

What coordinator wants to play for a coach that sticks by them the way Bo does (to the point it angers the fan base)?

What player wants to go to a school where the coach honors your scholarship even though you might never play again?

Bo only has an image problem with some husker fans. His players love him. Recruits love him.

Jesus... He got a kid from the SEC country to come to Nebraska and be one of the best RBs in school history.

You are living in a fantasy world.

And spiral downward? The worst we have ever finished is 4 losses. You have no evidence we will get worse.

And you sir, are wearing the Red colored glasses. I respectfully disagree with most of your post.

I do agree that you have to honor schollies. I know there are places that don't but that isn't cool. Yes, he got Abdullah to come to Lincoln. But overall the talent to be a contender isn't there. If it is there then the staff isn't developing it. Either way, that falls on the staff.

Of course he is loyal to his staff. Most every coach is. I don't think Bo is any danger of having his staff raided. Thus, we keep getting same thing.

If we keep Bo but demand staff changes what coaches will want to come here knowing how he operates(tirades, no class, spitting). Hey, I don't mind intensity. That's fine. Being out of control and acting like an immature idiot is another thing.

IMHO, to turn things around we need to hire a man of character, someone that builds a staff with character, and start rebuilding Nebraska Football with the same morals that made it great to begin with. I've never complained about Pelini's record. It's the way we lose, the blowouts, and the way he acts. It's just not what Nebraska fans deserve.

SUPERBUNNY

• Fire 1

The same people that complain about Bo would have been screaming for Osborne's head in the 80s and early 90s. Do we need some changes? Sure. Let's get a new OC (one willing to bench TA). But we don't need a new HC.

That's BS! Pelini has a huge image problem. What coordinator in their right mind wants to come work for that asshat? Second, what kid that is being recruited by Pelini and other wants to play for a guy that acts like he does? Yes, we need a new OC. We also need to quit giving up 50+ in big games. This isn't a small sample of work we can look at. We have 7 years of winning games we should and losing virtually all the games that are close or we are underdog. Keep Pelini and accept 9-4 with a long-term spiral downward.

SUPERBUNNY

What coordinator wants to play for a coach that sticks by them the way Bo does (to the point it angers the fan base)?

What player wants to go to a school where the coach honors your scholarship even though you might never play again?

Bo only has an image problem with some husker fans. His players love him. Recruits love him.

Jesus... He got a kid from the SEC country to come to Nebraska and be one of the best RBs in school history.

And spiral downward? The worst we have ever finished is 4 losses. You have no evidence we will get worse.

And you sir, are wearing the Red colored glasses. I respectfully disagree with most of your post.

I do agree that you have to honor schollies. I know there are places that don't but that isn't cool. Yes, he got Abdullah to come to Lincoln. But overall the talent to be a contender isn't there. If it is there then the staff isn't developing it. Either way, that falls on the staff.

Of course he is loyal to his staff. Most every coach is. I don't think Bo is any danger of having his staff raided. Thus, we keep getting same thing.

If we keep Bo but demand staff changes what coaches will want to come here knowing how he operates(tirades, no class, spitting). Hey, I don't mind intensity. That's fine. Being out of control and acting like an immature idiot is another thing.

IMHO, to turn things around we need to hire a man of character, someone that builds a staff with character, and start rebuilding Nebraska Football with the same morals that made it great to begin with. I've never complained about Pelini's record. It's the way we lose, the blowouts, and the way he acts. It's just not what Nebraska fans deserve.

SUPERBUNNY

Change coodonators. We can probably get a good OC to come here. Defense hasn't been a huge issue, yes we've had bad games but that was mostly due to the offense turning the ball over and going 3 and out.

Firing Bo will not magically fix our problems. Most of the complaints people have can be fixed by new coordinators.

But if you want a man of character? That's Bo. He's proven it over and over. He might have a hot head, but you can't say the players and staff don't love him.

He hasn't acted like an immature idiot in quite awhile (TAMU, and the hat swipe from last year at Iowa).

Blowout losses suck. But they can be fixed. We just need time. And maybe new coordinators.

How do you know that to be true? Did you post on here and remember who said that? You say thigs as outlandish things as if they are facts when they are almost certain not to be 100% accurate. At least say I'm my IMO or something.

The same people that complain about Bo would have been screaming for Osborne's head in the 80s and early 90s.

Conference championships

Orange Bowls

Beating top ranked teams

Yet they were still screaming for Osborne's head, even with all of those top 10 finishes and conference championships.

Totally realistic Fanbase indeed.

Conference championships

Orange Bowls

Beating top ranked teams

Yet they were still screaming for Osborne's head, even with all of those top 10 finishes and conference championships.

The realisticness of the fanbase has zero bearing on the capabilities of the head coach. This is a logical fallacy and a deflection away from the issue at hand which is Bo Pelini's ability as a head coach, which is severely lacking in comparison to any good head coach.

SUPERBUNNY

SUPERBUNNY

Change coodonators. We can probably get a good OC to come here. Defense hasn't been a huge issue, yes we've had bad games but that was mostly due to the offense turning the ball over and going 3 and out.

Firing Bo will not magically fix our problems. Most of the complaints people have can be fixed by new coordinators.

But if you want a man of character? That's Bo. He's proven it over and over. He might have a hot head, but you can't say the players and staff don't love him.

He hasn't acted like an immature idiot in quite awhile (TAMU, and the hat swipe from last year at Iowa).

Blowout losses suck. But they can be fixed. We just need time. And maybe new coordinators.

7 years in and we have the same spectacular miscues and nationally televised drubbings, while winning nothing of significance. You're right, better ride this thing out for a few more years to see if we can get our name back on the wrong side of that most rush yards to a single player in the history of college football record.

Conference championships

Orange Bowls

Beating top ranked teams

The realisticness of the fanbase has zero bearing on the capabilities of the head coach. This is a logical fallacy and a deflection away from the issue at hand which is Bo Pelini's ability as a head coach, which is severely lacking in comparison to any good head coach.

True.

But again, ask how many coaches feel that winning 70% of your games is a fireable offense. With all of our disadvantages, history tells us that no coach wants to coach at this place when winning 70% of your games has the masses calling for your head.

• Fire 1

But again, ask how many coaches feel that winning 70% of your games is a fireable offense. With all of our disadvantages, history tells us that no coach wants to coach at this place when winning 70% of your games has the masses calling for your head.

Ask how many coaches feel that being unable to be ranked, win conference championships or go to major bowls at one of the top 10 schools in college history with one of the top 10 amounts of resources committed to the program, and you'll get a more honest and different answer.

• Fire 1

Dude, you are too far gone!

1. Defense hasn't been a problem? Holy crap! Our defensive genius of a head coach has given up 50+ many times, 60 a couple times, and 70+ in his tenure.

2. Your damn right the staff loves him! Several of those guys should have been canned a while ago. $hit, they love him, make no mistake! This is their last stop on the way to FCS ball.

3. Blowout losses do suck, and do happen. And if it happened once in a while you can shake it off. It is routine now at Nebraska and expected by everyone except the fans looking through red glasses.

4. He acts like an idiot every week. Sometimes he does something extra special like a couple weeks ago when he spit on the DC. He doesn't represent N well.

5. Because of #4 it will become hard to hire quality assistants. There's the rub! Keep Bo and we've got as good as we are going to get.

Bo's players do love him. That is the one positive in my book but it isn't enough for me any more. I will bleed red to the day I die and won't let a coach like Callahan or Bo make me quit loving my Huskers. I just wish for better.

Unreal!

SUPERBUNNY

How do you know that to be true? Did you post on here and remember who said that? You say thigs as outlandish things as if they are facts when they are almost certain not to be 100% accurate. At least say I'm my IMO or something.

We know FOR A FACT that people wanted Osborne fired for decades. The reasons included:

• Bowl losses
  • Not being able to beat Oklahoma
  • Not being able to get past X number of wins
  • Poor decision making (going for 2, which is celebrated now)

The same bullsh#t we hear now. Are you honestly going to tell me the people that want to fire Pelini for never losing more than 4 games would have supported Osborne?