****** What Did We Learn - Hawkeye Edition ******

walksalone

But again, ask how many coaches feel that winning 70% of your games is a fireable offense. With all of our disadvantages, history tells us that no coach wants to coach at this place when winning 70% of your games has the masses calling for your head.

Ask how many coaches feel that being unable to be ranked, win conference championships or go to major bowls at one of the top 10 schools in college history with one of the top 10 amounts of resources committed to the program, and you'll get a more honest and different answer.

Being one of the top 10 programs in history mean literally nothing to recruits today, thus I'm guessing that it doesn't mean much to coaches.

The resources are great,but ever major player does that nowadays. It's not the 90s anymore.

Change coodonators. We can probably get a good OC to come here. Defense hasn't been a huge issue, yes we've had bad games but that was mostly due to the offense turning the ball over and going 3 and out.

Firing Bo will not magically fix our problems. Most of the complaints people have can be fixed by new coordinators.

But if you want a man of character? That's Bo. He's proven it over and over. He might have a hot head, but you can't say the players and staff don't love him.

He hasn't acted like an immature idiot in quite awhile (TAMU, and the hat swipe from last year at Iowa).

Blowout losses suck. But they can be fixed. We just need time. And maybe new coordinators.

Dude, you are too far gone!

1. Defense hasn't been a problem? Holy crap! Our defensive genius of a head coach has given up 50+ many times, 60 a couple times, and 70+ in his tenure.

2. Your damn right the staff loves him! Several of those guys should have been canned a while ago. $hit, they love him, make no mistake! This is their last stop on the way to FCS ball.

3. Blowout losses do suck, and do happen. And if it happened once in a while you can shake it off. It is routine now at Nebraska and expected by everyone except the fans looking through red glasses.

4. He acts like an idiot every week. Sometimes he does something extra special like a couple weeks ago when he spit on the DC. He doesn't represent N well.

5. Because of #4 it will become hard to hire quality assistants. There's the rub! Keep Bo and we've got as good as we are going to get.

Bo's players do love him. That is the one positive in my book but it isn't enough for me any more. I will bleed red to the day I die and won't let a coach like Callahan or Bo make me quit loving my Huskers. I just wish for better.

Unreal!

SUPERBUNNY

1. Until AA got injured and the offense started to struggle we had one of the best defenses in the country. Most of our problems on the defense can be attributed to poor offensive performance, (3 and outs, turnovers, and what not like I already said).

2. So now the staff liking him is a bad thing...?

3. We had one blowout loss this year, this is far from the norm and more of an outlier. You don't need "red glasses" to understand this, just a knowledge of statistics.

4. He didn't spit on the DC (I'm pretty sure it was Ron Brown that got hit and not Paps), he was speaking emphatically and some spittle came out. Are you telling me you've never had this happen?

5. You've already agreed that his staff loves him, but it will be hard to hire quality assistants because one time while yelling at a ref some spittle hit an assistant on accident?

You are really stretching to find reasons to fire Bo, especially when there are plenty of reasons to want to do it. But NONE of them involve his character or how much he is liked by the staff/players. That sh#t you are just making up out of whole cloth. And comparing him to Callahan? Bahahahahahahaaha

Being one of the top 10 programs in history mean literally nothing to recruits today, thus I'm guessing that it doesn't mean much to coaches.

The resources are great,but ever major player does that nowadays. It's not the 90s anymore.

What it means to recruits is irrelevant, because it still has a tremendous footprint on fan base, alumni, donors and donation amounts.

Every major player puts more money in than they used to, but they still don't put in the same amounts. Don't be stupid - we have literally willed our basketball program into relevance by committing an elite level of money and resources towards it and finding a coach that could utilize them well.

We are still putting forth, comparatively speaking when looking at other schools in contrast, an elite level of committment towards the football program, and that is capable of yielding an elite level of return on investment. But it is not with this staff.

There are "fans" of this team that are disappointed after a win. Shame on you.

Sure there are, and they have nothing to be ashamed of.

With the belief that Bo needs to go in order for the program to move in the right direction, it makes sense that they would want Nebraska to lose that game. It may very well have been the best thing for the program long-term. Especially since the season's goals were already out of reach. We had nothing to gain with a win, but potentially a lot to gain with a loss.

Sure, you can't fire a coach because of one game, but with a loss today, it would have been that much easier to make that decision. Support to make that call, after a 3-game skid, would have been at an all-time high. Even higher than it is currently.

Fans just want what's best for the program. Having a different idea of what that is, doesn't make them not fans, or bad fans.

• Fire 1

Walks wakes we win....

Why didn't we switch to primarily 1 gap this season with the talent we have at DL

Cockrell much better at safety

Why didn't Coop play? Never heard

AA is a beast. Glad he got the win

Gerry will be in the league

We'd be screwed at LB if not for Zaire. Quietly got it done this year

OL is rough

TA is hot and cold

Beck still confuses me. All the time

TE actually was used today. For an obsolete position it worked....

With Cross and Newby, I'd go with the I next year with spread elements

Receiver is looking better

Need a new S&C coach.

Mentioned Riola in another thread about OL coach. Bring him in to teach the OL how to avoid getting rolled up

Unsure if this game makes or breaks Bo

Coordinators need to go.....

Still got 9 wins

How is Stanton behind Fyfe

I think we learned that Nebraska is still good at beating teams ranked below #30, and for some fans, it still won't matter that we can't win championships as long as Bo can get to 9 wins.

The same people that complain about Bo would have been screaming for Osborne's head in the 80s and early 90s. Do we need some changes? Sure. Let's get a new OC (one willing to bench TA). But we don't need a new HC.

Osborne won championships in his first 7 years as well as in the 80s and 90s.

Change coodonators. We can probably get a good OC to come here. Defense hasn't been a huge issue, yes we've had bad games but that was mostly due to the offense turning the ball over and going 3 and out.

Firing Bo will not magically fix our problems. Most of the complaints people have can be fixed by new coordinators.

But if you want a man of character? That's Bo. He's proven it over and over. He might have a hot head, but you can't say the players and staff don't love him.

He hasn't acted like an immature idiot in quite awhile (TAMU, and the hat swipe from last year at Iowa).

Blowout losses suck. But they can be fixed. We just need time. And maybe new coordinators.

Dude, you are too far gone!

1. Defense hasn't been a problem? Holy crap! Our defensive genius of a head coach has given up 50+ many times, 60 a couple times, and 70+ in his tenure.

2. Your damn right the staff loves him! Several of those guys should have been canned a while ago. $hit, they love him, make no mistake! This is their last stop on the way to FCS ball.

3. Blowout losses do suck, and do happen. And if it happened once in a while you can shake it off. It is routine now at Nebraska and expected by everyone except the fans looking through red glasses.

4. He acts like an idiot every week. Sometimes he does something extra special like a couple weeks ago when he spit on the DC. He doesn't represent N well.

5. Because of #4 it will become hard to hire quality assistants. There's the rub! Keep Bo and we've got as good as we are going to get.

Bo's players do love him. That is the one positive in my book but it isn't enough for me any more. I will bleed red to the day I die and won't let a coach like Callahan or Bo make me quit loving my Huskers. I just wish for better.

Unreal!

SUPERBUNNY

1. Until AA got injured and the offense started to struggle we had one of the best defenses in the country. Most of our problems on the defense can be attributed to poor offensive performance, (3 and outs, turnovers, and what not like I already said).

2. So now the staff liking him is a bad thing...?

3. We had one blowout loss this year, this is far from the norm and more of an outlier. You don't need "red glasses" to understand this, just a knowledge of statistics.

4. He didn't spit on the DC (I'm pretty sure it was Ron Brown that got hit and not Paps), he was speaking emphatically and some spittle came out. Are you telling me you've never had this happen?

5. You've already agreed that his staff loves him, but it will be hard to hire quality assistants because one time while yelling at a ref some spittle hit an assistant on accident?

You are really stretching to find reasons to fire Bo, especially when there are plenty of reasons to want to do it. But NONE of them involve his character or how much he is liked by the staff/players. That sh#t you are just making up out of whole cloth. And comparing him to Callahan? Bahahahahahahaaha

Bo, that you? You mad bro?

Answers to your points:

1. Don't disagree that AA injury hurt. We gave up a record 408 in 3 quarters to Gordon. He'd have greased us for 600 had he continued. That's awful! That is not Nebraska football!

2. The staff SHOULD absolutely love him for not changing them. They've got the best job security around. It's stupid.

3. Yeah, we only had one blowout loss this year. I guess in that aspect you could say we've improved because we were getting used to 2-4 per year. They are all unacceptable.

4. I run a business and I would never think of treating my employees like that. You can get you point across and do it with class not spittle. See one Tom Osborne. He's an asshat!

5. It would be hard to hire other assistants with name recognition because he continuously acts like a raging lunatic on the sideline. Don't tell me you don't see that. You're brighter than that. It's not cool and it has come to the point where the Nebraska/Pelini union is a laughing stock. I never imagined a time where that would be the case.

His character is 100% in question! It has been for several years. It was a little better this year but still not acceptable to this Husker fan. It is one of if not the main reason he is on the hot seat. It was uncomfortable the first couple years when he became HC. I thought he'd mature. Well, he hasn't. He proved that last year! Even though I agree that his recording being leaked was complete bullsh#t by those that leaked it that doesn't change the fact that it is out there. Take all of those things into consideration and I've had enough. IT IS TIME THAT BO KNOWS PINK SLIPS!

I will be there next year and every year to support my beloved Huskers no matter who the coach is. No coach is going to keep me from cheering for the team, the players, and the university that I love. Not Callahan, not Pelini, not whomever is at the helm.

Please read that post above two or three times before firing off another ridiculous post.

SUPERBUNNY

I think we learned that Nebraska is still good at beating teams ranked below #30, and for some fans, it still won't matter that we can't win championships as long as Bo can get to 9 wins.

The same people that complain about Bo would have been screaming for Osborne's head in the 80s and early 90s. Do we need some changes? Sure. Let's get a new OC (one willing to bench TA). But we don't need a new HC.

How do you know that to be true? Did you post on here and remember who said that? You say thigs as outlandish things as if they are facts when they are almost certain not to be 100% accurate. At least say I'm my IMO or something.

We know FOR A FACT that people wanted Osborne fired for decades. The reasons included:

• Bowl losses
  • Not being able to beat Oklahoma
  • Not being able to get past X number of wins
  • Poor decision making (going for 2, which is celebrated now)
The same bullsh#t we hear now. Are you honestly going to tell me the people that want to fire Pelini for never losing more than 4 games would have supported Osborne?

Stop comparing Pelini and Osbourne. There are no similarities in their coaching competencies or results.

Big 10 punters will wake up in the middle of the night screaming from their De'Mornay Pierson-El nightmares. Their roommates will have to check to make sure he isn't lurking underneath the bed to calm them down.

Tommie Armstrong doesn't have a throwing touch.

Ameer can still be Ameer if he is given a chance.

Nebraska plays better with a double digit deficit than they do with a double digit lead. Really, there's something to this.

Pelini needs to tell our players "When in doubt, fall on it, pick it up, run with it, or keep playing...listening for the whistle isn't cheating".

The Big 10 really lives up to their black and blue reputation.

How do you know that to be true? Did you post on here and remember who said that? You say thigs as outlandish things as if they are facts when they are almost certain not to be 100% accurate. At least say I'm my IMO or something.

We know FOR A FACT that people wanted Osborne fired for decades. The reasons included:

• Bowl losses
  • Not being able to beat Oklahoma
  • Not being able to get past X number of wins
  • Poor decision making (going for 2, which is celebrated now)
The same bullsh#t we hear now. Are you honestly going to tell me the people that want to fire Pelini for never losing more than 4 games would have supported Osborne?

Bo hasn't finished in the top 10 is what 0-8 or something stupid like that against top 25 over the last so many years? No bcs bowls or major bowls to speak of etc etc....defending Bo as you are is basically admitting to lowering your standards and settling

• Fire 1