LB Richetti Jones

Player: Richetti Jones

Hometown: Dallas, TX

Position: LB

Height: 6’2”

Weight: 221

40 time: 4.81

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Florida, Florida St., Notre Dame, Texas, Baylor, Nebraska, Oklahoma and A&M

Favorites: Texas

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #40/ :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report:NR/ :star:star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: A freak on defense that flies all over the field. Sick stats that are heavy on sacks and TFL. In his past two years he has racked up over 150 tackles with close to 50 sacks. He comes from the football talent pool of Lincoln High in Dallas, TX.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5% Be tough to pull away from A&M, UT and OU, but NU will give it a shot.

Here is a recent article on Jones:

The impact of winning their first national championship since 1970 probably won't affect this year's recruiting class. The Longhorns already have the top-ranked class in the nation according to Rivals.com. And with 25 commitments, Texas coach Mack Brown has pretty much finished off his recruiting class slated to sign Feb. 1.

It's with the junior class that Texas may have gained an upper hand. Top recruits such as Lincoln defensive end Richetti Jones watched the Rose Bowl from beginning to end.

Top recruits such as Lincoln defensive end Richetti Jones watched the Rose Bowl from beginning to end.

Jones, who lists Texas among his top five schools along with Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma and Florida State, said the Vince Young-led comeback over USC "means a lot" as he starts his decision-making process.

"It's Texas," said Jones, expected to be one of the nation's top recruits next year. "I'm from Texas. To see Texas win a national championship, it's on. I see some of the dudes from Dallas and Mesquite out there, and that could be me."

Richetti Jones grew up a Miami, Fla., fan – "They had the most electrifying team I had ever seen," he said – but cheered for his home state team Wednesday night.

He said he wouldn't commit until after next football season. But for him and other top juniors, the Longhorns' national championship victory might be a deal sealer.

"It will have a very big impact," Richetti Jones said. "Most dudes want to go to Texas now. And the dudes that don't, they'll probably want to go to Texas, too."

• 4 weeks later...

Damn it....

Scholarships offered: Texas, Baylor, Nebraska, Oklahoma and A&M

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Assessing the talent: A freak on defense that flies all over the field. Sick stats that are heavy on sacks and TFL. In his past two years he has racked up over 150 tackles with close to 50 sacks. He comes from the football talent pool of Lincoln High in Dallas, TX.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5%

• 3 months later...

One of the most highly recruited players in the country.

Scholarships offered: Florida, Florida St., Notre Dame, Texas, Baylor, Nebraska, Oklahoma and A&M

Favorites: Texas

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #40/ :star:star:star:star

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5% Be tough to pull away from A&M, UT and OU, but NU will give it a shot.

Here is a recent article on Jones:

The impact of winning their first national championship since 1970 probably won't affect this year's recruiting class. The Longhorns already have the top-ranked class in the nation according to Rivals.com. And with 25 commitments, Texas coach Mack Brown has pretty much finished off his recruiting class slated to sign Feb. 1.

It's with the junior class that Texas may have gained an upper hand. Top recruits such as Lincoln defensive end Richetti Jones watched the Rose Bowl from beginning to end.

Top recruits such as Lincoln defensive end Richetti Jones watched the Rose Bowl from beginning to end.

Jones, who lists Texas among his top five schools along with Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma and Florida State, said the Vince Young-led comeback over USC "means a lot" as he starts his decision-making process.

"It's Texas," said Jones, expected to be one of the nation's top recruits next year. "I'm from Texas. To see Texas win a national championship, it's on. I see some of the dudes from Dallas and Mesquite out there, and that could be me."

Richetti Jones grew up a Miami, Fla., fan – "They had the most electrifying team I had ever seen," he said – but cheered for his home state team Wednesday night.

He said he wouldn't commit until after next football season. But for him and other top juniors, the Longhorns' national championship victory might be a deal sealer.

"It will have a very big impact," Richetti Jones said. "Most dudes want to go to Texas now. And the dudes that don't, they'll probably want to go to Texas, too."

• 2 months later...

• 2 weeks later...