Now that Bo is almost certainly back, what next?

Apathy set in for me when NU pulled off yesterday's game. It was a ho-hum "so what?" victory. We were an aging fighter who eeked out a 12-round decision over a journeyman fighter. Nobody outside of Nebraska cares about that victory. We'll never fight for the heavyweight title under Pelini. Too bad. Now that Bo almost certainly will be returning (for reasons unexplained), the only hope we have is if we fire Papuchis and hire Will Muschamp. Would love to fire Beck, as well, but no way will two coordinators be fired. If we had to fire one or the other, I'd much rather fire Papuchis. Sadly, Bo is loyal to a fault (Cotton is still here), so nobody's leaving. Two more years of 8-5 before we finally move on. Hard to believe that we have not won a truly meaningful game since OU in 2001. Wow. Let's rally together and hope that we can beat Air Force in the San Francisco bowl so that we can finish #24! Now THAT gets the blood pumping.

How do we know Bo is staying? I still say he gone

Would love to be wrong on this, but I just sense that he's back. Look at these "facts" (which I don't like):

1. Bo had his first two-game losing streak this year in 2 years;

2. Bo had one bad game this year;

3. Yesterday's come-from-behind-victory shows that Bo won't quit;

4. Bo beat Georgia in last year's bowl game;

5. Bo didn't go ballistic at all this week, showing that he has some composure

Apathy set in for me when NU pulled off yesterday's game. It was a ho-hum "so what?" victory. We were an aging fighter who eeked out a 12-round decision over a journeyman fighter. Nobody outside of Nebraska cares about that victory. We'll never fight for the heavyweight title under Pelini. Too bad. Now that Bo almost certainly will be returning (for reasons unexplained), the only hope we have is if we fire Papuchis and hire Will Muschamp. Would love to fire Beck, as well, but no way will two coordinators be fired. If we had to fire one or the other, I'd much rather fire Papuchis. Sadly, Bo is loyal to a fault (Cotton is still here), so nobody's leaving. Two more years of 8-5 before we finally move on. Hard to believe that we have not won a truly meaningful game since OU in 2001. Wow. Let's rally together and hope that we can beat Air Force in the San Francisco bowl so that we can finish #24! Now THAT gets the blood pumping.

Why JP over Beck? What is JP responsible for? He literally has as much say in the defense as you and I. Beck runs most of the offense, so if you choose one, you want Beck gone. Bo is the DC and who ever is the DC in title, Bo will continue to be the actual DC.

• Fire 1

Why JP over Beck? What is JP responsible for? He literally has as much say in the defense as you and I. Beck runs most of the offense, so if you choose one, you want Beck gone. Bo is the DC and who ever is the DC in title, Bo will continue to be the actual DC.

A man of Muschamp's caliber would not be overrun by Bo. Muschamp has about 8 schools hotly pursuing him as DC. If he interviewed with Bo, he'd say (in a bunch of words), "I'll come, but only if you keep out of my business completely." In short, if Muschamp had full power, we'd be a defensive powerhouse. Would much rather win games 10-7, than win 34-31. If Papuchis stays, Bo's wacky defense will continue. Don't want that.

Would love to be wrong on this, but I just sense that he's back. Look at these "facts" (which I don't like):

We are again unranked and finished 3rd in one of the worst divisions in power 5 conference football. SE still hasn't made a comment when He made one within 24hrs of the Iowa game last year

We are again unranked and finished 3rd in one of the worst divisions in power 5 conference football. SE still hasn't made a comment when He made one within 24hrs of the Iowa game last year

Would love to be wrong. However, as we speak, Minnesota is whipping Wisconsin. This makes the Minnesota loss make more sense (at least in Eickhorn's mind). Yet another reason why Bo might be back.

Bo didn't have one bad game this year. That is where people need to use their eyes and intelligence and stop looking at results. WATCH AND ANALYZE the games. Being generous, we had bad games against McNeese St, MSU, Minnesota, Iowa and one of the worst games in the history of the program.

A bad game shouldn't be defined as losing by 30+ points. A bad game should be: did a specific's game performance translate to playing well against another team of equal talent.

Just watch all the games on right now and think to yourself: If we played like we did yesterday, how would we stack up against Bama, Auburn, Georgia Tech, Georgia, FSU, Florida, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Miss St. If we play yesterday's game against any of those teams, the average margin of victory is greater than 3 TD's. For me, that doesn't equate to a "good" game. The win doesn't matter, the quality of the product, coaching, preparation, and execution matters.

• Fire 1

Bo didn't have one bad game this year. That is where people need to use their eyes and intelligence and stop looking at results. WATCH AND ANALYZE the games. Being generous, we had bad games against McNeese St, MSU, Minnesota, Iowa and one of the worst games in the history of the program.

A bad game shouldn't be defined as losing by 30+ points. A bad game should be: did a specific's game performance translate to playing well against another team of equal talent.

Just watch all the games on right now and think to yourself: If we played like we did yesterday, how would we stack up against Bama, Auburn, Georgia Tech, Georgia, FSU, Florida, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Miss St. If we play yesterday's game against any of those teams, the average margin of victory is greater than 3 TD's. For me, that doesn't equate to a "good" game. The win doesn't matter, the quality of the product, coaching, preparation, and execution matters.

Agree, Bo didn't have just one bad game. However, on paper, it only looks like he only had one bad game. Will Eichhorst look at reality, or will he forget what actually happened and be wooed by 9-3? My small sliver of hope is that Eichorst hasn't said anything yet. Last year he gave a vote of confidence. Nothing yet. Maybe that is something to cling to?

Agree, Bo didn't have just one bad game. However, on paper, it only looks like he only had one bad game. Will Eikhorn (how the heck does this dude spell his name?) look at reality, or will he forget what actually happened and be wooed by 9-3? My small sliver of hope is that Eikhorn hasn't said anything yet. Last year he gave a vote of confidence. Nothing yet. Maybe that is something to cling to?

I prefer to call him the silent assassin

• Fire 1

Agree, Bo didn't have just one bad game. However, on paper, it only looks like he only had one bad game. Will Eikhorn (how the heck does this dude spell his name?) look at reality, or will he forget what actually happened and be wooed by 9-3? My small sliver of hope is that Eikhorn hasn't said anything yet. Last year he gave a vote of confidence. Nothing yet. Maybe that is something to cling to?

Finkel us Eikhorn.. Eikhorn is Finkel... Eikhorn is a man!!! Oh my god, Eikhorn is a man!

• Fire 1

A man of Muschamp's caliber would not be overrun by Bo. Muschamp has about 8 schools hotly pursuing him as DC. If he interviewed with Bo, he'd say (in a bunch of words), "I'll come, but only if you keep out of my business completely." In short, if Muschamp had full power, we'd be a defensive powerhouse. Would much rather win games 10-7, than win 34-31. If Papuchis stays, Bo's wacky defense will continue. Don't want that.

Maybe that's just what Bo needs. A DC to come here and do his own thing. Maybe just some thing like that could and would put Bo over the hump.