Pelini fired

Amac3309

I am kinda surprised at this move, just because I think it is going to be tough to bring in a quality coach knowing that win 9 games more often then not is not good enough. I think Eichorst would not have done this if he didnt have someone waiting in the wings to take over. I just hope this isnt a move just to bring in "his guy" and we get another Callahanesq hire. I am excited and extremely nervous about the future of Nebraska Football!

I personally like Pelini and Im sure that he will end up somewhere as he will be a hot item as a defensive coordinator. Thanks Bo for the 7 years and bringing the program back to some kind of relavance!

All I'm gonna say now is, the next hire better make people go Holy sh#t wow I can't believe Nebraska hired him. Not oh Nebraska hired him.

People's immediate reaction won't change anything.

The next guy needs to field a well coached consistent product that wins more than 9 games a year, doesn't allow record setting defeats, and wins conference championships.

Last year would have made more sense. This season was a little better on the field and much better off the field. There would have been little controversy then. Now it looks more questionable to potential replacements. But what's done is done, hope we have somebody great lined-up.

At least Bo got to go out with a W to keep the 9-win streak intact and Shawn is handling this with the class that snake Pederson didn't.

Thanks for your service, Bo.

They better have something in the works. I don't want a bidding war with Florida and (probably) Michigan.

Hopefully Michigan just sticks to Harbaugh and hires him quickly. Florida is rumored to want Hugh Freeze. Hopefully it's either him or another SEC coach for them to keep their bidding somewhat insular to the SEC umbrella.

My personal favorites:

1) Tressel

2) McElwain

3) Kill

Guys can we keep this civil? I don't know why people are thrilled with people and families being impacted by coaches losing their jobs. I thought Bo deserved to be fired, but I am not going to rejoice about it.

I understand the sentiments. I'm just not sure how impactful families are. In Bo's case they are $10 MILLION richer. Sorry fella, but since I am poor, I can only dream of such a tough situation to be in.

Bo will have a job within months, if not weeks. This gig wasn't right for him, but he's not without football chops. He'll land on his feet, quite quickly - if he wants to.

This is exactly correct.
I've always felt he'd have any DC job he wanted, even in the NFL where he has his origins, so firing him was never really a moral dilemma for me.

This doesn't have to be mean spirited. Bo Pelini is a fine human being who did a decent enough job taking over a program that had hit rock bottom. I thank him for his efforts––I believe he gave it everything he had––and wish him well wherever he ends up next.

I wish his replacement all the best and sincerely hope he can get this program back to competing for our conference and the national championship.

• Fire 1

Bo will have a job within months, if not weeks. This gig wasn't right for him, but he's not without football chops. He'll land on his feet, quite quickly - if he wants to.

This is exactly correct.

Yes, I wouldn't worry about Pelini's financial situation. He's made millions from NU for many years, and as has been pointed out, he will likely find a DC position in the NFL somewhere.

This is exactly correct.
I've always felt he'd have any DC job he wanted, even in the NFL where he has his origins, so firing him was never really a moral dilemma for me.

I agree - a lot of teams will contact him. Definitely the NFL. He will be fine. I wish him the best.