To the Bo Pelini Haters

I really hope Pelini goes some where and puts that woodshed whipping on Neb. That's all.

Well this is real special. Sounds like you're not a Nebraska fan but rather a Pelini fan. Maybe you should take your message board participation to where ever Bo lands.

It was just a venting comment. It was wrong. Huskers are always 1st in my house. But I will still follow what pelini does unless he comes to Houston Texans. I just can't like them. Lol

And how sad is it that we are looking at a coach from Colorado State...the program NEEDS a big time hire to help the perception of this decision. The proof will be how many big name coaches are actually interested in coaching at Nebraska. We could fall further into mediocrity!

The number is less that 1.

The best we can hope for at this point is a Tim Miles, diamond in the rough hire.

Just wait and see how this shakes out, people will be looking back on the Pelini era fondly.

And how sad is it that we are looking at a coach from Colorado State...the program NEEDS a big time hire to help the perception of this decision. The proof will be how many big name coaches are actually interested in coaching at Nebraska. We could fall further into mediocrity!

The number is less that 1.

The best we can hope for at this point is a Tim Miles, diamond in the rough hire.

Just wait and see how this shakes out, people will be looking back on the Pelini era fondly.

I would be ecstatic with a "Tim Miles" type hire for the football coach. Miles is not only a good head basketball coach, but he makes everything about the BBall program FUN! I'd love to have a little fun back in the football program.

I hopefully can tune in and watch the press conference this afternoon and see what happens, with the firing of Pelini, who knows the whole coach staff could just up and quit and stand behind Pelini, then what do we have? and what does this mean for our recruiting and with the players we have now? I would not be bit surprised that we loose players, well it is what it is now.

Yea Knapp these are the same f'ing people who will be pissed when we dont have a Conference title within 2 years of the new coach and will be calling for that guys head. Nebraska fans are victims of the universitys past success and think that should be the norm not the exception. Im not pissed that bo is gone, im pissed at the people who are so full of crap on this board it makes it unbearable to go on anymore.

You know where the door is. I suggest you use it.

I don't need to wish him well BigRedPowerWagon. The dude got paid millions...probably about to get millions more from the buyout. He's just fine.

So **** off with the whiny post...

Supposedly a 7.6 million dollar buyout. I don't hate Bo either just hated the blowouts where we looked like the 3 stooges. We can do better and will.

Yea Knapp these are the same f'ing people who will be pissed when we dont have a Conference title within 2 years of the new coach and will be calling for that guys head. Nebraska fans are victims of the universitys past success and think that should be the norm not the exception. Im not pissed that bo is gone, im pissed at the people who are so full of crap on this board it makes it unbearable to go on anymore.

You know where the door is. I suggest you use it.

Feeling froggy enough to show it to me.

• Fire 1

I really hope Pelini goes some where and puts that woodshed whipping on Neb. That's all.

Not me. I love the team more than I love Pelini. Strange thing to wish for, in my opinion, just like many of the people I've talked to that wanted to lose to Iowa now that the season had lost its lustre.

Pelini will be well-compensated and certainly land at another program, likely a P5 lower level school. I wish him well.

Maybe you should go root for that team

Exactly. No true fan would hope for Nebraska to get whipped under any circumstances.

Now, as to the first post -- there's a huge difference between hating someone versus thinking he's not the right man for the job. No one can ever legitimately claim that Bo did not give it his full, honest effort. He did that, and it brought the team winning seasons, but also big blowout losses to ranked teams. He did not bring us anywhere near a national championship, and that's the goal. I personally think it was time to part ways, and I will wish him well, thank you very much.

people make it sound like this guy was doing this job fro free. He got paid MILLIONS and will get another 7 MILLION dollars. DOnt feel sorry for the guy. He will get roughly 30 MILLION dollars since he has been here.

If you want to feel sorry for someone, feel bad for the players.

One can still feel bad for the guy. No one likes to put their heart and soul into a job for 7 years only to be fired. It's not all about money. From what I've read, he and his family love it here.......Don't take this as reasons why he shouldn't have been fired, just showing a little empathy for a guy whose family is probably not having a great Thanksgiving Day Weekend.

I support the decision to terminate Bo Pelini because 9-10 wins is no better than 6 wins; which is all you need to get to a bowl game. His record is 5-20 against ranked teams and he has never won a conference championship (even though he should have against Texas after them getting one second on the clock). The football program has always been a source of great pride for the state of Nebraska and over the last several years it has become completely irrelevant in college football. If mediocrity is what you want, then Pelini is your guy. As for me, I want Nebraska to return to the once great program it was and that was never going to happen under Bo.