***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

I am not impressed with big name coaches that excell in talent rich recruiting areas and have 4 and 5 star athlethes all over the field. The coaches who get my attention and respect are those who conistently do more with less. Bill Snyder comes to mind first in that department. I am not advocating or suggesting he be our next coach, but I want someone like him.

I think guys who are use to having tons of talent to choose from on the recruiting circuit and on the playing field may get a rude awakening when they step away from that.

You always want a guy that overachieves but make no mistake about the great coaches in fertile recruiting grounds. They know what they are doing on the field. You can tell the good ones from the bad even in the recruiting areas

See Mack Brown

You mean the guy that won a NC and played for another? Yeah. Terrible coach.

I suppose we can put Bobby Bowden on the list too?

No
I was thinking more like Muschamp, Randy Shannon at Miami, etc.

Deal is already in place for the next head coach. All names that I have heard are good options. Fans will be happy.

Congrats this makes zero sense. I ask you ?? How many names does our new coach have ???

It only violates logic if you make an inaccurate inference. It is possible to receive confirmation that a deal is in place without knowing specifically who said deal is with.

Deal is already in place for the next head coach. All names that I have heard are good options. Fans will be happy.

Huh? How many HC are we hiring? Lol doesn't sound very much like a done deal.

He is saying that the names of potential coaches his source(s) has mentioned previously are all solid hires. He doesn't know which one was signed

Those wanting Tressel should consider that he did well at a school in the middle of a hotbed of recruits.

IMO we need someone who's proven they can do well in a recruiting wasteland like Nebraska.

How many of the 1995 starters were from Nebraska? I don't recall, but I seem to remember it being more than 50%. Cilly really quit recruiting Nebraska, and Bo didn't revive it.

Nebraska no longer has the recruits to compete in this day and age and with the new spread attack of college football. The only reason there was such a high number of players from Nebraska on his teams is that there was no Title 9 limits on scholarships. But the main reason is that the players that did play were primarily lineman type guys who molded well with TO's smash mouth philosophy. Nebraska high school teams that try to immolate the spread often look silly. The walk-on program is dead

• Fire 1

Every HC started out as a coordinator, but their fist HC job was not necessarily a top tier program. Being a HC of a program like NU is not just X and O manipulation, but rather a CEO of a multi-million dollar firm. Oregon's success is hardly thought of being primarily attributed to SF.

Board software told me I was quoting to many quotes. Whatever.

I haven't seen anyone attribute Oregon's success to Scott Frost. And it would be pretty dumb to do so considering Oregon was having success before Frost was hired there.

Every HC started out as a coordinator, but their fist HC job was not necessarily a top tier program. Being a HC of a program like NU is not just X and O manipulation, but rather a CEO of a multi-million dollar firm. Oregon's success is hardly thought of being primarily attributed to SF.

Board software told me I was quoting to many quotes. Whatever.

I haven't seen anyone attribute Oregon's success to Scott Frost. And it would be pretty dumb to do so considering Oregon was having success before Frost was hired the

Everyone campaigning for SF makes reference to his success, which is not really his success. In fact, I believe you made reference to his "record."