***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

I see now I should have saved my first post for this thread, sorry. Based on little more than stats (from this season only w/o any adjustment for strength of schedule), here are my qualified lists...

P5 Wish List (unrealistic): Dantonio, Patterson, Briles

P5 Wish List (slightly less unrealistic): Andersen, Mullen, Addazio, Freeze, Johnson

Non-P5 Wish List: Holliday, Fuente, Holtz, McNeill, Harsin

p.s. - I think some of you need to cheer up considering what Utah State and Northern Illinois coaches have done in our division recently (and in a very limited amount of time).

I was so pumped about this yesterday. Now I just have a feeling this hire is going to be such a dud...

It is funny you say that, I just texted a buddy the exact thing...Lets face it we kind of have TressVest (cause that would mean you basically have the 3rd best coach in the country with Saban and Meyer, roughly) but then of course there is the downside of his age and lack of coaching the last few years but still most fans would be boosted with the "wow" factor.

Then you have that second tier but really none of them have the "wow" factor but for some reason it seems like (probably just major overreaction by us fans) that we are on the tier three...kind of the dud-wait-and-see

Credible insider from another board confirmed that Tressel is all but hired. The plan is for Frost to be OC and head coach in waiting. So the rumors may orove to be correct.

This is the thing I don't get. Tressel, JUST became President of Youngstown St. I don't think he's the kind of person to job jump. It's still possible, but the fact that he just became President is what's making me doubt this.

What do you think as an OSU fan hearing this rumor?

If true, you're going to get a great coach, and a good person. He will win, but you will be frustrated if you're expecting an offensive powerhouse. His teams make few mistakes.

My feelings are, if Nebraska gets Tressel, there's going to be problems (for other teams) I felt the same way when MSU hired D'Antonio (my literal first words when I heard about it were, "Uh oh")

Credible insider from another board confirmed that Tressel is all but hired. The plan is for Frost to be OC and head coach in waiting. So the rumors may orove to be correct.

This is the thing I don't get. Tressel, JUST became President of Youngstown St. I don't think he's the kind of person to job jump. It's still possible, but the fact that he just became President is what's making me doubt this.

If true, you're going to get a great coach, and a good person. He will win, but you will be frustrated if you're expecting an offensive powerhouse. His teams make few mistakes.

My feelings are, if Nebraska gets Tressel, there's going to be problems (for other teams) I felt the same way when MSU hired D'Antonio (my literal first words when I heard about it were, "Uh oh")

Are Buckeye fans hearing any rumors about Tressel other than what we're spewing here?

There wont be an announcement until at least this Sunday. Its my understanding that they must post the job opening for 7 days before officially hiring for the position.

Thought I saw something on Twitter from Brian Christopherson about a waiver they could use to announce whenever they wanted...

• Fire 1

*salivates*