***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

There wont be an announcement until at least this Sunday. Its my understanding that they must post the job opening for 7 days before officially hiring for the position

Thought I saw something on Twitter from Brian Christopherson about a waiver they could use to announce whenever they wanted...

+1

I hadn't seen that. Do you have the link by chance, i would love to read it? I wasnt aware of the waiver, but i am sure SE can find a way around it, if he really wants to.

It's been mentioned a couple times. Don't really have any details.

C17s84Jz_normal.jpegBrian Christopherson @HuskerExtraBC · 3h3 hours ago

Timetable talk: If wanted, NU can use a waiver process, commonly used in coaching searches, to make hiring announcement whenever.

Thanks

Guys I think are out:

Youngstown crew: Stoopses, Tressels, all those are out.

No HC experience: Frost, Herman, Narduzzi

Guys who are not going to leave their current jobs: Harbaugh, Golden, Patterson.

Too "Back-to-the-Solich days": Bohl (how soon we forget he was fired as our DC), Calhoun, Paul Johnson

Guys who were never consistent winners anyway: Schiano, Kill, Grobe, Chryst.

Art Briles I have no idea where to put that guy. Leaving him out.

Leaving:

Kyle Wittingham, Utah

Jim McElwain, CSU

Justin Fuente, Memphis

Mark Richt, UGA (some may put him in the won't leave above, but there's a bit of Pelini-esque unrest with him at UGA)

Mike Gundy, OSU (same as above)

David Cutcliffe, Duke

Rich Rodriguez, Arizona

Dan Mullen, MSU (He will not be at MSU long term, let's be real)

My top 5 wishes, no particular order:

Fuente - Guy can coach and he can coach offense. Plus his ties in recruiting are in Texas.

Mike Gundy - Don't let this down season fool you. He can coach and brought a BCS win to Stillwater. Time to move on.

Jim McElwain - Lack of track record, much like Fuente, scares me a bit, but when you can win with garbage consistently at a program like that, you're doing something right.

Rich Rod - Okay, I get the Michigan thing. I have no idea what happened there. But besides that this guy gets it done. Maybe UM is cursed or maybe the uber-big time program messes with him in some way, which could happen at NU. I hope that he learned from whatever happened at UM and is down to leave UA.

Dan Mullen - One thing that makes me nervous is a coach with a short, impressive track record when he was riding an NFL QB. Anyone can win with Dak Prescott... hope he can do it without him too.

This Gary Patterson talk has me jacked. He make $3 million now. Could we really get this guy?

i would be excited for him.

i would be fine with richt or mullen, but not jacked.

i would be upset with shiano. and not crazy about frost.

i am holding out hope for tressel. i would love to see him here with rockstar coordinators.

Guys I think are out:

Youngstown crew: Stoopses, Tressels, all those are out.

No HC experience: Frost, Herman, Narduzzi

Guys who are not going to leave their current jobs: Harbaugh, Golden, Patterson.

Too "Back-to-the-Solich days": Bohl (how soon we forget he was fired as our DC), Calhoun, Paul Johnson

Guys who were never consistent winners anyway: Schiano, Kill, Grobe, Chryst.

Art Briles I have no idea where to put that guy. Leaving him out.

Leaving:

Kyle Wittingham, Utah

Jim McElwain, CSU

Justin Fuente, Memphis

Mark Richt, UGA (some may put him in the won't leave above, but there's a bit of Pelini-esque unrest with him at UGA)

Mike Gundy, OSU (same as above)

David Cutcliffe, Duke

Rich Rodriguez, Arizona

Dan Mullen, MSU (He will not be at MSU long term, let's be real)

My top 5 wishes, no particular order:

Fuente - Guy can coach and he can coach offense. Plus his ties in recruiting are in Texas.

Mike Gundy - Don't let this down season fool you. He can coach and brought a BCS win to Stillwater. Time to move on.

Jim McElwain - Lack of track record, much like Fuente, scares me a bit, but when you can win with garbage consistently at a program like that, you're doing something right.

Rich Rod - Okay, I get the Michigan thing. I have no idea what happened there. But besides that this guy gets it done. Maybe UM is cursed or maybe the uber-big time program messes with him in some way, which could happen at NU. I hope that he learned from whatever happened at UM and is down to leave UA.

Dan Mullen - One thing that makes me nervous is a coach with a short, impressive track record when he was riding an NFL QB. Anyone can win with Dak Prescott... hope he can do it without him too.

I'd take Fuente, Mullen, Cuttcliffe or Rich Rod. If that is who I have to choose from.