***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

I don't either. He's got job security in the best conference in football with a relatively easy path to the CCG, and hauls in recruits by the dozen since he's in a hotbed. He's got literally no reason to leave, as it appears he doesn't have the dream of rebuilding the Huskers to the glory days of ole... probably since he moved to FLA and finished HS there.

Richt strikes me as the Bo of the SEC... always loses a couple or three games a year he shouldn't and he heasn't quite gotten over the hump Hasn't been to a BCS bowl since 2007.

Much better options on the table.

That seems to be the consensus on this board. But if you look at his losses the past couple of years, they've all been narrow losses to pretty good teams. Well, except for his loss to a 9-4 Vandy team last year, and (arguably) the loss to NU in the bowl game. Other than those two, all of Richt's losses since the 2011 season were to teams ranked about the same or higher than Georgia.

What?!?

He must have missed the Florida game this year

(Updated Bovado Odds) NCAA - Who will be the Head Coach of the Nebraska Cornhuskers for the 2015-2016 season?

All wagers have action. Any wagers placed after outcome has become public knowledge will be deemed no action.

7:30p

Scott Frost

2/1

Greg Schiano

4/1

Jim McElwain

4/1

Tom Herman

4/1

Pat Narduzzi

5/1

Jerry Kill

15/2

Matt Wells

9/1

I don't either. He's got job security in the best conference in football with a relatively easy path to the CCG, and hauls in recruits by the dozen since he's in a hotbed. He's got literally no reason to leave, as it appears he doesn't have the dream of rebuilding the Huskers to the glory days of ole... probably since he moved to FLA and finished HS there.

Richt strikes me as the Bo of the SEC... always loses a couple or three games a year he shouldn't and he heasn't quite gotten over the hump Hasn't been to a BCS bowl since 2007.

That seems to be the consensus on this board. But if you look at his losses the past couple of years, they've all been narrow losses to pretty good teams. Well, except for his loss to a 9-4 Vandy team last year, and (arguably) the loss to NU in the bowl game. Other than those two, all of Richt's losses since the 2011 season were to teams ranked about the same or higher than Georgia.

What?!?

Oops. Yeah, I forgot about that one. :facepalm: (You could probly throw this year's South Caroliny game in there too.)

I still have a chub for Richt though. lol

What?!?

and South Carolina (2014), Georgia Tech (2014), Missouri (2013).

NU, one thing that bothers me about Richt as well is he has had two premier caliber pro-style QBs in Stafford and Murray at his disposal and yet the best bowl win he had during those two QBs tenures was a Sugar Bowl win from Stafford against a vastly overmatched Hawaii team in 2007.

We could do a lot worse, but I think reading that is something that would scare most Husker fans, given we always bitch about how good we could be if we just had competant QB play.

• Fire 1

(Updated Bovado Odds) NCAA - Who will be the Head Coach of the Nebraska Cornhuskers for the 2015-2016 season?

All wagers have action. Any wagers placed after outcome has become public knowledge will be deemed no action.

Scott Frost

2/1

Greg Schiano

4/1

Jim McElwain

4/1

Tom Herman

4/1

Pat Narduzzi

5/1

Jerry Kill

15/2

Matt Wells

9/1

What is a Matt Wells?

Scott Frost

2/1

Greg Schiano

4/1

Jim McElwain

4/1

Tom Herman

4/1

Pat Narduzzi

5/1

Jerry Kill

15/2

Matt Wells

9/1

What is a Matt Wells?

He's Utah State's coach I think...

Mullen would be huge downgrade. His records are 5-7, 9-4, 7-6, 8-5, 7-6, 10-2. One good year this year with likely big downfall next year.

Richt is known for having as good of talent as anyone in the country but they underperform and can never win the big one. Like Bo but with even more highly regarded talent. I like Richt but he's no better than Bo.

Both of those would be extremely underwhelming.

NU, one thing that bothers me about Richt as well is he has had two premier caliber pro-style QBs in Stafford and Murray at his disposal and yet the best bowl win he had during those two QBs tenures was a Sugar Bowl win from Stafford against a vastly overmatched Hawaii team in 2007.

We could do a lot worse, but I think reading that is something that would scare most Husker fans, given we always bitch about how good we could be if we just had competant QB play.

True dat. And even thought Richt is a great recruiter I'm not sure how many Staffords and Murrys he'd be able to bring to Lincoln. Don't think we have any on our roster right now.

Mullen would be huge downgrade. His records are 5-7, 9-4, 7-6, 8-5, 7-6, 10-2. One good year this year with likely big downfall next year.

Richt is known for having as good of talent as anyone in the country but they underperform and can never win the big one. Like Bo but with even more highly regarded talent. I like Richt but he's no better than Bo.

msu was a real loser. he has built something pretty respectable in the toughest division in the nation. i would give him a chance.

msu was a real loser. he has built something pretty respectable in the toughest division in the nation. i would give him a chance.

i_support_this_post_by_daiguard78-d4ol7j

True dat. And even thought Richt is a great recruiter I'm not sure how many Staffords and Murrys he'd be able to bring to Lincoln. Don't think we have any on our roster right now.

More than anything, he just doesn't fit the mold of a QB guru who can develop and maximize our QB play.

That was ultimately Beck's downfall, amongst other reasons. I think the most successful programs get great QB play and play great defense.

Tressel and Frost both fit that MO that MO to a T, especially if they hire a dynamite DC.