***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

We will not get some one better or with HC experience. Write that down

Huh? If Nebraska can't get someone better than Bo then we have major problems. Bo stabilized the program but came no where close to regaining the program to the top. We are barely a top 25 program let alone top 10 where we expect to be. No where in his recruiting, game management and game performance was there anywhere to expect anything different in the future.

Paul Johnson should be on the short list.

My list in order of who I think would be right for the job:

Paul Johnson-Has won games at a good school, but I think he can even do more at a bigger named school.

Gary Patterson- this would be a homerun hire, but he would need the right OC. Frost as coach in waiting type thing is what I am thinking with Muschamp at DC.

Jim Tressel-Maybe the best common sense hire. If not for Urban Meyer sitting there in waiting, would still be coaching at the Buckeyes, we all know that.

Bronco Mendanhall- Solid program with good ethics.

Mark Richt ( this one I have doubts on, but he can recruit legit talent)

Jim Harbaugh- Why not at least think about it and interview.

Scott Frost- I would like to see him at least come back as an OC first. Maybe down the road could be head coaching material. Has learned from some of the best however- Osborne, Chip Kelly, Parcells (JETS), Walsh (Stanford), and one season under Snyder at KSU. Pretty good list of mentors.

I've heard rumors theyare after Scott Frost, currently OC at Oregon? Anyone else hear that?

Bruce Feldman

‏@BruceFeldmanCFB

With Bo Pelini done at #Nebraska, expect #Oregon OC Scott Frost to get a close look. Terrific off. coach & very well-liked by Tom Osborne

With all the complaints over Pelini being a first time head coach, and wanting to get an experienced and proven head coach we're gonna hire a guy with 1-2 years of being an OC?

Frost head coach. Terrible. He has been calling plays for a system already built for him with most players already there. You think he can bring a system and install it with a less talented team. Get out of here!

I tend to agree. I would like to see Frost without Mariota for a season or two before really declaring him the best OC on the market. They have a system, good system but relies on WEst coast speed and climate.

We will not get some one better or with HC experience. Write that down

Same guy that said Bo wasn't getting fired...

Yea I was wrong. Was hoping Pelini would be here still for his players. It is what it is. Hope the next coach is a great one.

I'm glad to hear you say that and I hope the people who wanted Bo to get another shot feel the same. Husker fans need to get back together and embrace the opening of a new chapter.

• Fire 2

Mora Jr would be a good hire, left him off list.

Realistic hires: IN ORDER:

Don't have any right now. I have a gut feeling that someone has been in communication with Georgia and they want Richt gone. This is the front runner in my opinion, whether I like this hire or not. I think he is in line first right now. GUT FEELING.

I don't totally dislike Richt, just don't know if he has what it takes to be steadfast and win the big games on a regular basis. Not talking NC's, but Big Ten games that matter in the future. Seems like he pisses down his leg each season against meaningful SEC conference games that he should win.

Gary Patterson- this would be a homerun hire, but he would need the right OC. Frost as coach in waiting type thing is what I am thinking with Muschamp at DC.

Wow. Patterson is 54. You think he'd leave a program where he already has a chance to win a title, to come to a place where recruiting is more difficult and he has to start over with a new staff, with a 'head coach in waiting' offensive coordinator looking over his shoulder?

And muschamp as DC? Good idea. We could also think about raising Knute Rockne's corpse, with 50 yr old tom Osborne as offensive coordinator and give Bill Belichek a look as DC.

• Fire 1