***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

Gary Patterson- this would be a homerun hire, but he would need the right OC. Frost as coach in waiting type thing is what I am thinking with Muschamp at DC.

Wow. Patterson is 54. You think he'd leave a program where he already has a chance to win a title, to come to a place where recruiting is more difficult and he has to start over with a new staff, with a 'head coach in waiting' offensive coordinator looking over his shoulder?

And muschamp as DC? Good idea. We could also think about raising Knute Rockne's corpse, with 50 yr old tom Osborne as offensive coordinator and give Bill Belichek a look as DC.

wow, if your going to fire a coach that averages 9 wins a year at least set your goals high for a good hire. Patterson could recruit Texas yet. Yes he might consider it. You think OU and Texas are going to be lame ducks for long in the Big 12. TCU will never exceed what they end up with this year. That conference is built for OU and Texas to control, not TCU. Yeah, I think Patterson would leave if its the right fit. Nebraska could be that fit. I don't care if Frost comes back here, just liked the way it sounded! Might as well bring back Turner Gill with Frost......hows that......any better!!!

We will not get some one better or with HC experience. Write that down

Same guy that said Bo wasn't getting fired...

He was only wrong because nobody wrote it down, and they forgot and fired bo! If they'd written it down, they would have remembered.

• Fire 2

We will not get some one better or with HC experience. Write that down

Same guy that said Bo wasn't getting fired...

He was only wrong because nobody wrote it down, and they forgot and fired bo! If they'd written it down, they would have remembered.

I was wrong for wanting Pelini around for his players not for the fact that I as a fan must have 10-11 wins every year. As much as I would love it his players would have loved it even more. It is what it is. We can only hope for a big name guy to come in and take us to a CCG since the B1G is to terrible of a conference to get into the playoffs.

Gary Patterson- this would be a homerun hire, but he would need the right OC. Frost as coach in waiting type thing is what I am thinking with Muschamp at DC.

Wow. Patterson is 54. You think he'd leave a program where he already has a chance to win a title, to come to a place where recruiting is more difficult and he has to start over with a new staff, with a 'head coach in waiting' offensive coordinator looking over his shoulder?

And muschamp as DC? Good idea. We could also think about raising Knute Rockne's corpse, with 50 yr old tom Osborne as offensive coordinator and give Bill Belichek a look as DC.

wow, if your going to fire a coach that averages 9 wins a year at least set your goals high for a good hire. Patterson could recruit Texas yet. Yes he might consider it. You think OU and Texas are going to be lame ducks for long in the Big 12. TCU will never exceed what they end up with this year. That conference is built for OU and Texas to control, not TCU. Yeah, I think Patterson would leave if its the right fit. Nebraska could be that fit. I don't care if Frost comes back here, just liked the way it sounded! Might as well bring back Turner Gill with Frost......hows that......any better!!!

While it's ok to put together your fantasy coaching staff, I just think it's a worthy exercise to ask what motivation a coach would have to come here, and likewise coordinators. There are 3 reasons a coach would take a new position:

1) more $$$$$

2) higher profile..either the program itself or his role

3) roots with the program.

I think Bo created a big divide over the last several years. The "us against the world" mentality created divides between the fans, coaches and players. His "my way" and ego created a divide between the boosters, former players and administration, especially after tape-gate.

In all the divide, I would hope that after this termination we could come together again, as a fan base. No more "Bo-lievers" vs "bo-haters". No more team vs the world. Lets all come together, accept today's actions for what the are. Lets support our players, our temporary staff (as much as i hate cotton), the administration to find the best possible candidate to lead us back to being relevant on the national stage.

As for me, I would be happy with Tressell, Patterson, McElwain, Fuente (Memphis), Dan Mullen (probably going to Florida), Mark Hudspeth or Doc Holliday, I just want a proven head coach, no more OC/DC experiments.

These coaches should be on the short list:

1. Craig Bohl - Better head coach than he was a coordinator. He GETS Nebraska.
  2. Jim McElwain
  3. Scott Frost - It could be his time.

If he could out-power FBS schools like Bill Snyder-led K-State time and again with NDSU's resources, imagine what he could do with ours. Wouldn't it be nice to watch the Badgers powerless to stop our rushing attack for a change?

• Fire 2

Scott Frost or bust!!!! He's the best available. Only knock you guys have on him n inexperience. He is gonna be a hot commodity soon. If you don't get him now, you might not ever get him, and he might be winning NC's for a team like USC. Get this rising star he is charismatic and can get recruits. He will finally give our team an identity. Plus he is the HC. All he does it choose our system which I like the systems he wants, it will be a huge upgrade. He has been groomed by the best and knows what he is doing. Outside of the he just has to get the right Coordinators, then look good in pressers. Championship!!